Just got back from Manchester - met Adam :):)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisa2004

Acrobat
OK, very knackered right now but very happy :)

We went to the first Manchester show and had a brilliant time :) We were on the front row of the walkway nearest Edge and got smiled at by Edge, Adam and Bono!!

Anyway, we went to the hotel yesterday (wed) and managed to arrive 45 mins after Bono and Edge had left :sad: and were told by some other fans there that they had both chatted with them for 10 mins Larry and Adam had also left but didnt sign. This was about 13.30 and we decided that that was early to leave for the soundcheck so we hoped they may come back.

At about 17.00, one of the Mercs arrived and Adam got out! We called to him and he waved and told us he would be out later! He didnt disappoint! He came out an hour later, wandered over to us and chatted, signed stuff and posed for photos with us! There was only about 20 fans there so it was really nice! Adam was lovely and very chatty. I told him the gig had been fantastic and my sister told him it had been our first gig and he gave us both really lovely smiles and said thanks. He signed my actung baby CD cover and a pic for my sis Lisa. He then told us he had to go and rushed off. It was amazing though, we are so glad we decided to wait around!

Also, I had taken along some Godiva chocolates that I had hoped to give to Bono but realised I wasnt gonna be lucky this time :( so I gave them to Adams security guy to give to Bono and he promised he would. Once Adam had come out, he said to me again "And we'll get your chocolates to that lead singer!" I told him i had written my email address and he said "what on the card? No problem!" Imagine if I got an email from Bono!! :hyper:

Anywayz, we got some great pix of Adam which I'll post soon. All in all, an amazing couple of days!!!!!!!!

lisa2004 said:
I told him i had written my email address and he said "what on the card? No problem!" Imagine if I got an email from Bono!! :hyper:

You're very lucky, I hope you get an email from Bono. And if you do, you better forward it to me. :wink:

Pics added :):)

Heres a few of our pix. I'll upload more tomorrow..

Adam -

adam1.jpg

Natz and Adam -

natzadam.jpg

Jo, Adam and Lisa (Shame half of my face is cut off but oh well, its still me and Adam!) -

joadamlisa.jpg

And a few of our best from the gig on Tuesday -

bonomanc1.jpg

bonoedgebf.jpg

bg1.jpg

bg2.jpg

Congratulations :applaud: :applaud:

Adam looks great in your pix! I saw him up close at the 2nd Manchester concert and he looked just glowing!! :) :heart:

enajh2 said:
Awesome :)

ps. You will receive your VCDs from me at some point Lisa! Sorry you've not heard from me :reject:

Hiya

Thanks for the email, it is the VCD of the Band Aid 20 TV Documentry that I really really can't wait to see.......

Lisa

These guys just continue to amaze me. You're so lucky to have met Adam. He seems like such a SWEETHEART :love:. Anyone had a chance to meet Larry? So far, I think the only interaction was in NY after the MSG gig.

woah, adam is getting some age on that face... but hey, some people look fantastic with age (i.e. sting, larry.. *ahem* ADAM)! Awesome story, thats totally exciting. Adam is my favorite (dont tell Bono).

Hey Lisa and Jo! its Nikky!!!! i have finally got round to posting on here after being a member for ages! and one of the first threads i stumble across is yours.....blatantly coz i saw the word Manchester in the topic title! i couldnt resist!

next time we will go together! woo!

love the pics btw!

Nix
xxxx<3

LadyRhia said:
Hiya Lisa ,great pics!

completely straight, non-impartial to any one particular band member u2 fan here, and I have to say that age has treated Adam better than any of them. They're all great...and all look to me like they're 15 years younger than they actually are, but Adam is a stud.

Back
Top Bottom