Just for "kicks"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
erised said:

I hated it when they came out with variations, cuz of course we always had to have ALL the variations!! :coocoo:

Yeah that's how they got us, and that's the beginning of people getting fed up which led to the end of the fad. I think what finally killed it was that "The End" bear thing, where he said that was the last bunch of beanies ever to be made, and a lot of people were sad about it. But they started to get over it and realize how much money, time and space it was wasting, and were actually relieved! Then when they came back with 'the beginning' it was too much. Most collectors had lost the urge, and there was an underlying soreness of being 'tricked' too ( I always suspected it was a trick but bought them anyway) Once they weren't so hard to find, for me the thrill of the hunt went out of it, and when my little girl and neices I bought for lost interest, that was the end. Even now, I'll buy a cute dog, cat or bear if I really want it. I feel guilty not buying from the family who ran the Hallmark store because they used to tip me off on 'hits' ahead of anyone else and even saved me some in bags if I missed so I feel I somehow 'owe' them my business even if I don't want any. I did buy a "Dublin" bear, more because of my U2 kick than a Beanie Baby one;)

You have a Garcia bear? He used to be worth hundreds of dollars! :hyper: Check into that, you might want to sell if the price is good before it drops any lower.

All your Barbies are pretty! :)

dazzledbylight said:
the site bounced me out again while typing up my list :grumpy: :grumpy:

too long a post to redo tonight

dazzled, this seems to happen to you A LOT. You are a long winded writer, like me, and it's happened to me many times too. There is no way to get it back and it's so frustrating to post and see the damn 'log in' thing come up, then fill it in and post and get 'no thread specified' :banghead: :scream: Once in awhile, when you see the log in thing you can click 'back' and your story will still be there. If it is, copy and paste it, then when you log in again you will still have it! Better yet, if you see yourself getting long winded, copy and paste what you wrote BEFORE you press submit, that way even if it boots you, you won't lose your story! That's what I always do now. Even if it wasn't timed out and you didn't need it, it's always better to be safe than sorry do I'd say do it with any long post.

(just be sure to get it out of the copy and paste by clicking it on something else before you get off, it's embarrassing to have other people press control v and see what you wrote :eek: )

Back
Top Bottom