Just Back From R & R Hall of Fame + The Subway 'took me for a ride lastnite'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
Just Back From R & R Hall of Fame

So I go with youtwohearts to the Waldorf; I run into an editor from U2log who tells me they've been tipped that the band will do the red carpet line through the hotel. So we proceed to the red carpet line in the lobby of the Waldorf- I can hear the security saying"Just let me know when Bono hits the front door". I see Catherine Zeta Jones (tiny) the O'Jays, Bon Jovi :drool:, Little Stevie, then I see Rob Thomas from Matchbox Twenty right in front of me when all of a sudden really loud I say "Rob Thomas" and he looks at me and points back "You" with a funny expression on his face b/c I was so loud but it wasn't on purpose it just kind of came out that way :lol: I investigate some more with someone working the event as to where they are and what the set list is- Pride, UTEOTW !!!! and Vertigo :hyper: She also told me that they requested closed rehersals which I thought was interesting. Finally after waiting an hour and a half- We find out they didn't enter the main carpet enterance :scream: :no:
and they were already inside!!! :sad: I am not a happy camper right now!

:hug: s one4 & hearts

eh, I got there waaaaay later....definately after you left...

I must say as I walked back to the subway to come over here to the net - Iwas going to leave a message for you gals & see what you might of reported..... i was across the street from the Waldorf and just got a bit of the tingles knowing i was "only" separated from Our Guys {and Bruce} by x100 feet and a few heavy brick walls...:drool:

:uhoh: BTW who is Rob Thomas?

Last edited:
My sister and I got to meet Larry - he was standing outside the front door of the Waldorf having a smoke and he was very nice and signed a Pride single for my sister and a magazine for me. I told him that I was able to get tickets and thank you for what you did - he said your welcome - he really surprised us, we came around the corner at about 8:00pm not expecting to see anyone - and he was standing there :wink:

seajewel said:
My sister and I got to meet Larry - he was standing outside the front door of the Waldorf having a smoke and he was very nice and signed a Pride single for my sister and a magazine for me. I told him that I was able to get tickets and thank you for what you did - he said your welcome - he really surprised us, we came around the corner at about 8:00pm not expecting to see anyone - and he was standing there :wink:

:scream: He was outside at 8:00!!!!!! Which side of the hotel?

one4u2 said:

:scream: He was outside at 8:00!!!!!! Which side of the hotel?
The Main Entrance - it was just luck - didn't expect to see him - didn't expect to see anyone - also saw Jon BonJovi - walking his wife out around 8:30 pm:ohmy:

seajewel said:

That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to tell him that most people are happy with the 2nd presale, and were able to thank him for fixing it. I was hoping that he would hear some sort of appreciation for what he did! :yes:

i think my boyfriend is inside right now....he said he was being taken in....and now his phone is off and has been since it started. you may know him and his friend dan from the ga's on the last tour. jesus matt and tattoo dan....

why am i in la? :sad:

seajewel said:

OMG!! That is soooooo awesome!! Larry is definatelty a rare find....LUCKY GIRLS!!:wink:

popbellydancer said:

are you the one of the girls that got kicked out? or one that had a hotel key? go to the main other thread around page 35 and i explain what i know there...

NO - we stayed for awhile and left - knew it would be a very late night - we were happy that we talked to Larry :wink: Have to go to work in the morning to pay for U2 tickets

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom