Ive gone off Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UV2001

War Child
I don't know why either. It just happened and now I'm all confused
frown.gif

I had SUCH bad thoughts when I read this subject line...
redface.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I dunno why. I wish I did and now I'm really confused. Ive liked him for ages and now I don't and it's all weird
frown.gif
I need help
frown.gif

Would pictures help?
biggrin.gif

20507417nupKhYGmeE_ph.jpg

21909480SMWRGgQNvG_ph.jpg

22193209fHkvUFqlTi_ph.jpg

Hope Webshots works this time..

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by UV2001:
I dunno why. I wish I did and now I'm really confused. Ive liked him for ages and now I don't and it's all weird
frown.gif
I need help
frown.gif

Maybe it was a 'kick' and you've gone off it. There was this boy in my high school I was so hung up on, and I felt so strongly about, then one day I looked at him and felt nothing. Sometimes that happens. Does it have anything to do with him not looking as good as he did during the tour (I've been feeling that, he's cut some of his hair, wears different sloppier clothes and he isn't looking as pretty and cool as he did a few months ago) or could it be because the excitement of the tour is over? Is there another man in your life?

Another possibility:

Sometimes the U2/Bono fandom just kind of dies down after awhile. I've been like this, so I took a bit of a break from PLEBA to make everything seem fresh and new again -- and it is working. I definitely like PLEBA a lot better, and am enjoying it again, and I love Bono just as much as ever.
smile.gif
So.. maybe you should put your CDs and posters and tapes and such away and take a break -- say a month or a couple weeks -- and see if it works.

------------------

It's not cos he's had his hair cut or anything. I don't think how arrogant he seems to have been resently has made me too impressed with him. I don't think he's bad looking just there is no feelings there infact the other da I cringed when I saw him because he was being arrogant
frown.gif

It's not cos he's had his hair cut or anything. I don't think how arrogant he seems to have been resently has made me too impressed with him. I don't think he's bad looking just there is no feelings there infact the other da I cringed when I saw him because he was being arrogant
frown.gif

So you still think he looks hot, and you still like the music, it's the way he's acting? Is it his ego, the political stuff or something else he said?

I'm a little confused... what was he doing that was arrogant? I mean, he is usually pretty self-confident, even bordering on arrogant at times ( I think even he would agree with that, too)...so, what specifically was he doing or saying? This could just be a stage you're going through. You could snap out of it at some point & go right back to drooling over him again.
Ya never know.

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

Bono has said in interviews that sometimes he will see his pic in a paper and say "Oh not that fuckin guy again". Sometimes over exposure does cause a bit of backlash. It is not bad, just give your self a break. Listen to other music and by fall when the Best of 90-00 comes out you'll be refreshed and ready for U2 and Bono.

o_O Aw, this is sad. I haven't had this happen with U2, but I've had fluctuations with other bands. lol... Em, a break would probably be in order. I'm so sorry!!!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

I agree - a break is needed. So who do you want to obsess over Edge, Larry or (my personal choice) Adam for awhile?

Share the love UV!
wink.gif

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

Cowboy Bono says:
333%3A33%3A323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D79%3B%3D43%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E232329%3A%3B3%3C569ot1lsi

When ya fall off a horse ya just gotta get back on. Yeehaw.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

LMAO OTE

AWW poor UV *huuugs*
smile.gif

Girlie, I hope his time will pass for you. Few days back I kinda lost track and felt completely attracted to Larry. I couldn't help it, but now I believe I recovered for that awful (yes it was awful) experience.

I still love Bono no matter what. I accept the way he is and I always will. Hope you soon come back on track
smile.gif

Don't be feeling bad, UV... the same happened to me, for a while I almost stopped loving Larry... I was almost turned into a Bono girl... (gasp)

But one day I sat back and realized the beauty that is Larry, and the beauty that each of them has, and it's alright to be unsure, to question, because we still love you and you know you will always love Bono in your heart, no matter what your head is telling you.
smile.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

I don't know why either. It just happened and now I'm all confused
frown.gif

Omg...*hugs hugs* I know how that feels. I woke up today feeling *exactly* like that about Bono, and the rest of U2 and I wondered why. I'm still wondering why, too.

But I guess some days you just don't feel anything, ya know, obsessed and stuff or like stuff, it's all good. Don't be confused. We can't be obessive all the time, man. We all need rests n' stuffish.
smile.gif
It happens. *big hugs again*

------------------
~Serena190.

"My friend made me do it, Bono! I have no will of my own! Yarrrgh!" ~ Me (i'm starting to regret that I chose this name, but you did make me do it. :B;)

"The kind of music I like depends very much on my mood." ~ Anni-Frid "Frida" Lyngstad, ABBA.

"I must be allowed to be as I am." ~ Agnetha F?ktskog, ABBA.

"It was a pretty special couple of years. I mean it was a pretty mad couple of years where reality and fantasy and everything got kinda mixed up big time." ~ Adam, describing the atmosphere of the ZooTV tour, 1993.

I know exactly how you feel. I've felt it some for awhile too. There were weeks I didn't even come here. It's like he was losing his "MAGIC" or something, like there was a spell on him that drew me to him and it was disappearing. I have loved Bono since I was a kid in 1987. I was and still am totally in love with JT Bono and always will be. I fell out of love with him when he was Pop Bono, I thought he looked ugly without his hair and he was acting snotty to me, and he was not like the same guy.(I know you don't like Pop Bono either so you must know how I feel too and will not flame me!)I know other people who felt this way too, and we used to really lament over our lost Bono. I started loving him with ATYCLB and Elevation, he was so pretty and so sweet and I was drawn to him like a magnet! But now I feel the "MAGIC" slipping away and the magnet losing its grip.

I am with you all the way on this. Everything you said, I have felt too, and I have tried not to let myself lose my grip on him. I came back here and started posting, but sometimes I feel like I only love JT Bono, and it's like he's dead and a different person, and sometimes I hate Bono for that, feeling like he has to change all the time just to say he didn't repeat himself. Dammit Bono, repeat yourself! You've been great and there's nothing wrong with being yourself for God's sake, don't ruin yourself just to prove you aren't you. You ARE you and you are great the way you are so don't be a jerk! Okay, UV2001, what are we gonna do? Another break? See what happens? I'll hold my breath he will always be there, beautiful and sweet, not arrogant, and that we will get our feelings back for him, because BONOLOVE is a warm and wonderful feeling. I'm trying and pulling for you, and me too! Please post again sometime and tell about your feelings. See ya later.

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Thanks *hugs* you lot have all been great. I'll have a bit of a break and hopefully I'll be able to get back the feelings I used to have
smile.gif

I have to add that though at times I have felt out of love with Bono, I have NEVER felt attracted to one of the other guys. It's not like I was not liking him as much because I liked one of the others. No way, never. I don't find any of the other guys physically attractive at all and never have.It's just a personal thing with my feelings about Bono, and the way he seems to me. Really that's natural, doesn't everyone feel that way about boyfriends or friends, falling in and out with them, being pissed at them, avoiding them? That only shows that if we feel as strongly about a member of the band as we do someone in our real lives that it must really be love!

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Back
Top Bottom