It's Just Not Fair!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjc

The Fly
Hi people!
So I live in Romania, which is in Eastern Europe, right? Now us people here don't exactly enjoy extraodinary good lifestyle and getting in the West is preety difficult.... not to say anything about gettin to US..... Financially speaking.
Naturally, actually going to a U2 concert is an EXTREMELY difficult thing to achieve. Ticket prices, at say 50 Euro represents half of the medium wages per economy...... Plus travel expenses, plus..... Let's just say that for me a live U2 concert is still au unfulfilled dream..... one which by the looks of it will remain unfulfilled....

Anywayz, to get to the matter at hand. I know this girl whose dad left to Ireland to work (to earn some more money), and guess what he is doing? He is some kind of administrator to the main stadion in Dublin. And, as an employee there, he gets free tickets to whatever event is held there. The man saw an U2 concert (for free!!!!!!) and up next is, from what he says, a Robbie Williams concert. And check this out: he asked his daughter to come to Dublin to see the concert. Cause the guy got two tickets or whatever.
And to this what does she say? She'd rather stay home and redecorate her apartment. Is she nuts or what?

I would kill for an opportunity like hers (all expenses payed by dad), and instead she does that...

F*** redecorating. I WANNA GO TO DUBLIN!!!!

IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!!

I live in the US, but the tickets and the travel were out of the question this time for me :sad:

You will get to see them one day!! I know you will... :) As for your friend, I can't believe that she won't go to Dublin!! I would sooooo put redecorating on hold. But then again, I love to travel and maybe she doesn't. :shrug: Or maybe it's just us crazy U2 fans that would drop anything to go to Dublin :D

I can understand you perfectly, since I am a Hungarian, and we didn't get a U2 show since 1993 I think... But we hope and hope and hope whenever a new leg of a tour starts. Maybe a show in Budapest wouldn't be that far for you either!
So yes, just save and don't get tired of keeping your fingers crossed for a show nearby you!
You know....when the soul wants, the soul waaaaaaaaiitttttssssss......... ;)

:sad: That breaks my heart. Why don't U2 make it fair for you. I think everbody should get to experience a U2 show. ( reaches through cyberspace to hand a kleenex and a hug)

:(

yeah, I know that most people in Romania and possibly Hugary, too....do NOT enjoy an extrodinary lifestyle......

even here in the USA there are a sizable minority of people who don't enjoy that lifestyle either....working class, working poor, poor & unemployed, and disabled [unless working or well off].

:hug:s

wow!
what a chance to to let slip by like that.....but as someone said ...maybe doesn't like travelling.

I haven't flown on a plane since '87.....i get too TOO anxious on them :yikes:

I am slowly working on changing that, so when i do get more money i'll be able to control my anxiety ENOUGH to get oin a plane.

Beleive me IFsomeone suddenly gave me the money to be able to fly to Hawaii to see u2 {I always wanted to go to Hawaii, but too scared of flying so I never saved up the money when i had more money}.....

...i think the opportunity to see U2 one moretime - this tour I would get on that plane,and use all the anti-anxiety coping skills I've learned SINCE '87 to go. Themn I get Hawaii too! :hyper:

but that would take a miracle {but i beleive in those too :D}

I hopethat you will have the money to see them one day and that they play closer to your country.

nice to meet Romanian & Hngarian fans!

That's too bad people in Eastern and Central Europe didn't get to see the band. Everyone should be able to see them at least once! I made it to a show in Atlanta, three hours away from where I live in the States. I'm one of the lucky ones. I wish everyone could be.

U2democrat said:
Wow...she's :coocoo:

I hope you get your chance...just save, save, save. Then spend spend spend.

Woah, nice moto. Unfortunately, I'm good at the spend, spend, spend bit but the saving.... not so good. I live in the UK and I've never seen them live - next tour though, fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom