It's good to have U2 stuff at work...you never know what will happen...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
gahhhh!

So, I'm sitting here working away, and one of my managers comes by looking for another co-worker and sees my U2 lemon-globe. She tells me that her brother used to work with one of those guys' wives...which one could it be?
"Was he a dancer?" I ask.
"Yes, he was in several dance troupes" says she.
"OOh, the Edge! Was it Morleigh? Morleigh Steinburg?"
"Yep, that's her!" she says.
(*sula goes into minor fit* )
"He knew Morleigh??? Was she nice?"
"Yes, he really enjoyed working with her...she's really nice".

eek.gif

Anyways, not only did her brother know and work with Morleigh, but she goes on to say how cool it was to see her at the Grammies sitting there next to Edge. Oh and that brother's ex-g/f used to be a personal manager for U2 and then for Mellencamp and is now married to Mellencamp's drummer. How do people get these jobs????

U2 is everywhere! Even at my job!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 03-12-2002).]

holy crap sula!!! meet that ex girlfriend and become buddies w/ her!!

the closest I came to u2 at work was the lady in the cube next to me on the phone said "Have you talked to Larry? He's supplying you too?"
icon29.gif

but yay for u!!
smile.gif

------------------
"I didn't have the same shirt on, and there weren't enough girls around, not enough love."
-Larry, when asked why he never stood up and cheered at the Superbowl like in the Stuck video

* U2 Take Me Higher *
The Macphisto Society

Wowie Zowie!!

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
gahhhh!

So, I'm sitting here working away, and one of my managers comes by looking for another co-worker and sees my U2 lemon-globe.

Hey! That SO came in handy! I'm jealous of it though....But yea, U2 IS everywhere! The 2 degrees of U2...they're 4 times worse than Kevin Bacon (oh my, I'm a nerd).

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.

yeah, talk about 2 degrees of U2. I found out that my brother in law is friends with this entertainment lawyer who is friends with U2's entertainment lawyer. My brother-in-law did not disclose this information to me until the night before the concert and I had him calling his friend the next morning to get my sister and i back stage passes or something that would bring me closer to them. he was so close to getting us something, but his friend was in meetings all day that he could not hook up with his U2 connections.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
My sister and I were calling my brother-in-law up to 5 min. before show time in hopes of something, but had no luck.
frown.gif

i also found out my brother has a frat. brother who is a sound engineer and lives in Dublin and that he has worked with U2.

My teacher waited until the last day of school to tell me she dated/dates, I don't remember...Bono's cousin. And this was after I did a WHOLE project on MLK and U2 was featured heavily. I flipped out needless to say, and I hope she NEVER mentions this to Bono's cousin....

------------------
Dana

U2's Official Bum Rubber

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

*eyes bug out reading*

*turns green with envy*

*faints*

Man! U2 is everywhere! (like Savoir Faire!)

Here's what goes on in MY office.

My boss, about my age, a real guy's guy, sees my 2002 U2 calendar on the wall, and my U2 PC wallpaper, and says, "what, you like that weird BONE-OH guy??"

*SIGH.* Give me strength, Lord...
wink.gif

About 10 years ago, I shared a cubicle at a publishing company with an editorial assistant who was dating a rock writer. One day she was nervously awaiting a phone call from him; he was in Dublin on assignment for his magazine. The assignment was an interview with Bono.
She was really worried because she hadn't heard from the b/f at the time he'd said he'd call. I told her something like "Don't worry; he and Bono probably hit it off so well that they went drinking at a local pub."
The guy finally called about 2 in the aftern oon. When my cubiclemate got off the phone, she said, "Diane, you were right. They WERE drinking at a pub!'
In retrospect, 10 years later...I wish her b/f had gotten Bono on the phone to talk to both of us!

One of my husband's good friends for the past 25 years is a very distant cousin of Larry. He wasn't aware of my U2 obsession until recently and told me that he had the opportunity to take his daughter to one of the LA shows and get backstage but she "hates U2" and he gave the tickets away. If he would have known, he said I could have had the tickets
frown.gif

Also, my husband just talked to another friend he hasn't seen for a long time who now lives in Las Vegas. She does venue security for the Thomas & Mack center and could have gotten us backstage. She met the band and said they were great guys
frown.gif

I went to both shows but I could have been BACKSTAGE!!! Missed opportunities that will never come around again.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
One of my husband's good friends for the past 25 years is a very distant cousin of Larry. He wasn't aware of my U2 obsession until recently and told me that he had the opportunity to take his daughter to one of the LA shows and get backstage but she "hates U2" and he gave the tickets away. If he would have known, he said I could have had the tickets
frown.gif

Also, my husband just talked to another friend he hasn't seen for a long time who now lives in Las Vegas. She does venue security for the Thomas & Mack center and could have gotten us backstage. She met the band and said they were great guys
frown.gif

I went to both shows but I could have been BACKSTAGE!!! Missed opportunities that will never come around again.

wow, that is a great story. all of these are great stories. it is amazing how close we have all been but we have yet to meet any of them.
frown.gif
maybe one day we all will! *crosses fingers*

Sula that's so cool! I would have freaked. Actually when a friend I used to work with told me her U2 connection I did freak! She was student teaching in Dublin for 10 weeks and meet this guy. They really hit it off and it turns out his bro has driven limos for them before. She tells me this and I'm going you have to get me to meet U2!! Well, they broke it off. It was too hard with her in the US and him in Ireland. So, I never got to exploit that connection.
frown.gif

MVD I'm moving to NYC soon, so I'll just work for Principle there and then get the rest of you guys in to meet them too. LOL! I can dream can't I?
wink.gif

You guys are so lucky!! I must plaster my cubicle with U2-ey things in hope that the new guy in the mail room is actually Bono's second cousin, twice removed
biggrin.gif

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

When I was in the 7th grade there was an invasion of Irish teachers at my school. (That's not necessarily a bad thing, but they were just all very strict).

Anyway, my social studies teacher, Mr. Shiel was his name, was very mean and real strict. One day during lunch I decided to ask him if he knew U2?

Me: So, Mr. Shiel, have you ever heard of U2?
Him:*add lilting irish brogue* Heard of 'em? *smugly* I know them personally.
Me:
eek.gif
You know them personally??????????
Him: Yah, *with a wave of his hand* their no big deal really.

I didn't think it was very nice of him to dash my hopes like that telling me they were no big deal. But, he was a mean teacher so....

Also, now that I think about it, he was probably lying, that's how mean he was!!!!!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

does anyone else have a love-hate relationship with these threads?????

you know what i mean, right?

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Originally posted by elizabeth:

you know what i mean, right?

umm, no. Did I do/say something offensive?

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

How do people get these jobs????

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 03-12-2002).]

when i finish school my ambition is to go work in principal managment, dublin. i could be the tea maker r something
ahhh well, a girl can dream.

------------------
i'm already gone, felt that way all along

I'm going to be Larry's Personal Assistant

------------------
THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Member and Creator of Larry's Angels Harley Club.

"I hit things for a living. I hit things and people clap!" --Larry
larry%20kicking%20ass.gif

*claps*

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 03-13-2002).]

me too...where do you get those things? I tried to use this Edge one (below) but it never shows up, just the link...help!

------------------
Bono: Do not fasten your safety belt. We are about to get airborn.
---
edgedanceX.GIF

Originally posted by elizabeth:

Sula, she doesn't mean that you said anything offensive- she just means that we love to hear all these great stories but at the same time are insanely jealous.
biggrin.gif

But seriously, how do you guys get all these U2 connections? It seems like so many people know somebody who knows somebody, etc. I think I need to start hanging out with a new crowd.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom