It just keeps getting weirder and weirder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2granny

Blue Crack Addict
When I last left somewhere in picture tag my husband had just come home an given me a beautiful gold bracelet. Welllllll he had been to the doctor earlier this week because he hurt his back. Today he got a call at work to go to his doctor's office. In the x-ray you could see what they said was a 2.5 cm nail in his intestines. How the:censored: does someone swallow a :censored: nail and not know it? His doctor is consulting with a surgeon to decide if anything should be done.

Was he around nails and food recently?:crazy:
Depends on how sharp the nail tip is if surgical intervention would be needed.

Hope everything turns out okay

ylimeU2 said:
Swallowed a nail? Ouch! That sounds pretty painful. :yikes:

He thinks he did it several months ago. He remembers having some in his mouth while he was nailing something.:huh: We went to my sons' for dinner last night and he gave him a plate of nails for dessert. There is no mercy in our family.

u2granny said:

He thinks he did it several months ago. He remembers having some in his mouth while he was nailing something.:huh: We went to my sons' for dinner last night and he gave him a plate of nails for dessert. There is no mercy in our family.

:lmao:

Your hubbie doesn't work in the circus does he???:D

u2granny said:

No, but he should! I don't think he'll be bringing up the ice cream incident again.

You please bring it up for us, tell us what happened:hyper:
We could do with a :lol: and I swear i'm NOT trying to make fun at your hubbie ,it's just I don't understand how he could swallow something that long and sharp and not knowing (feeling it)

Does he need surgery to have it removed??

as i was reading this, i was reminded of the thread from a couple of weeks back about your skateboarding son's accident. your boys certainly keep you on your toes, u2granny. hope everyone is ok.

dandy said:
as i was reading this, i was reminded of the thread from a couple of weeks back about your skateboarding son's accident. your boys certainly keep you on your toes, u2granny. hope everyone is ok.

You have no idea! There's four of them.

The doc said he was going to consult with a surgeon and if we didn't hear from them they were going to leave it. So, I guess he lives with the nail. Can't wait until we go to the airport. However, I am having a small melanoma(sp?) taken off my ankle tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it will be a small bandage.

I guess a small melanoma won't need a big bandage :wink:
You'll probably have to stay out of the sun with your ankle for a while though.

So, your hubbie is stuck with his nail unless it comes out the natural way
:|
Hope that is not dangerous (internal injuries)

Oh, that is not a pleasant thought. :yikes:

I guess it's good that he doesn't need surgery.

Back
Top Bottom