Is this Bono? I don't think so ... at all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicLemon

War Child
I just got these photos from an acquaintance of mine squealing about how she and her husband met Bono, got his autograph, etc. I think she got snowed.

She didn't say where they were - They are wearing NAMM badges and I KNOW Bono didn't go to NAMM. She sent me another photo of her husband with Duff from Velvet Revolver and the setting was for sure at NAMM (see his badge) - will attach that photo as well. (notice in the back ground everyone has lanyards on that you need at NAMM, etc) So I am guessing that these were taken the same time?

This guy looks like he used self tanner - and would Bono wear that earring? And no Bono freckles - this guy looks liek he has a mole or zit where Bono's freckles are. And the nose? Not even!

Anyway, I know you PLEBA girls will help me get to the bottom of this!

He even signed AUTOGRAPHS! Poor girl thinks she met Bono!

252sl.jpg

240te.jpg

264vc.jpg

definately NOT Bono.the rosary is fake aswell, Bono's rosary is all black..
the goatee of the guy looks trimmed.. Bono doesn't trim his beard.. he just lets it grow and shaves if he wants to..
the jacket is different from all the jackets I've seen Bono wearing..

what was the date of these pics?

more:
the neck is WAY too fat and has no clear adam's apple
the hair is BLACK, and Bono's al-ways has a reddish glow
Bono's ears are WAY different, and he always wears a simple ring with one diamond thingy in the right ear, and the diamond hoop in the left... and not a cross..
the guy's way too yellow... and *dont kick me* I think he's even shorter than Bono.. :reject:

Last edited:
NAMM was in January ..
I emailed her about an hout ago and said, You DO know that's not Bono, right?

I haven't heard back ...

yeah - the phtos were taken in January, but she just found out I was a U2 fan, so that's why she sent them. She was so excited - I feel kind of bad for her.

Can't believe a guy was at NAMM posing as Bono and signing stuff - What nerve. You would think because of all the industry people that were there he would have gotten laughed out of the place.

AtomicLemon said:
yeah - the phtos were taken in January, but she just found out I was a U2 fan, so that's why she sent them. She was so excited - I feel kind of bad for her.

sorry to be mean or anything, but how long has she been a U2 fan???
if not very long, I can understand, but if you're a longtime fan, than it should be clear that this ain't Bono... or is it just me?

does your friend have pics of the autograph? if so, I'm curious if the guy copies Bono's ... if so. :hmm: can we sue him for plagiarism?

That is NOT Bono. Slight resemblance, though. A look-alike, but no such a good one. At least get the same rosary beads, man.:huh:

thats so not bono and haha he looks so much like my uncle its uncanny.
(i think thats a real shitty thing to do, actually going round pretending to be bono. and signing things..!? cmon!)

its the mouth..the eyes and hair could maybe pass for bono at a push. but bono has fab lips. and that dude doesnt. end of!

Yeah not even..... I have nothing against lookalikes who are upfront about the fact that they are just a lookalike having some fun... but to actually pretend to BE him..... so wrong.... :tsk:

That is Pavel from the the U2 tribute band Desire based in San Diego. :down:

And it's not the first time he's done this.

That is so not the B! For a start the nose is wrong, it's sorta a 'bum' nose :giggle: Bono's hooter is more defined. And the jaw is too square, the mouth is totally not the fine B mouth and we should know, we've studied it long enough, :lmao:

So, I go along w/everyone else....Not Bono...

First thing I thought was, "That ain't Bono's righteous schnoz!" and the second thing was "The lips are all wrong!"

But Duff...there is that! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom