Is this Bono? I don't think so ... at all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bf sent me this pic earlier today. A co-worker's brother believed he met Bono at the end of April in Chicago airport.

pic10291.jpg

I know all you Bono girls xcconfirmed that that is NOT our adorable Bono!!

felt this Bono girl needs to add her 2 cents...

Fake Bono:
bad Tan
wrong rosary
wrong nose
wrong earring
no sexy chin cleft
no sexy chin scar
no unique part on his hairline
no sexy lips
neck is not sexy
no visible Irish charm..Dont find him cute at all!!!:
:tsk: shame on him!!!!

ok Im done!!!

OUR BONO!!!
jtxc9w.jpg

1723.jpg

As soon as I opened the pic that I posted it I knew it wasn't our Bono. Even called my bf and told him that it was a complete fake. This guy isn't even close to being cute either :tsk:

BonoFox thank you so much for that first picture you posted. The REAL Bono looks so good in that one :drool:

Well, she just wrote me back. Now I am REALLY pissed at this faker especially reading what she said to him when she met him.

Anyway - Poor thing, This is what her email said:

That sucks, he had me so fooled. I told him how their album "All that you leave behind" saved me when my son was a runaway. I'm really upset because he saw how thankful I was of him and his work with charities - I was in tears the whole time. He signed autographs and everything. He went into the Fender booth, pulled down an acoustic and sang "One" for everyone. I'm so disappointed. :(

---

DAMN! How could no one at freaking NAMM (of all places) not kick this a-hole out? She was in tears and he totally played her. I'm hoing to see if I can get a scan of the autographs.

I'd wring his neck if I could - WHO IS HE? Pavel from San Diego ? JCoster or the guy from Toronto? Several names were mentioned.

Last edited:
BonosBaby12 said:
My bf sent me this pic earlier today. A co-worker's brother believed he met Bono at the end of April in Chicago airport.

pic10291.jpg

Ok - THAT's just frightening. He looks like a creepy, lecherous man that hangs out trolling for young chick to impress.

Blecchhh.

bonocomet said:
Yeah thats a great pic... do you know when/where its from? I still love the green shades best...

Dont recall where this pic is from..but he was wearing this suit when I met him some years back..I got a pic of his chin cause someone bumped into me while I snapped the pic..I didnt know and was so excited to develop my pic and Iall I got was the stubbly chin and pin stripe suit:lol:

AtomicLemon said:
Well, she just wrote me back. Now I am REALLY pissed at this faker especially reading what she said to him when she met him.

That sucks, he had me so fooled. I told him how their album "All that you leave behind" saved me when my son was a runaway. I'm really upset because he saw how thankful I was of him and his work with charities - I was in tears the whole time. He signed autographs and everything. He went into the Fender booth, pulled down an acoustic and sang "One" for everyone. I'm so disappointed. :(

---

DAMN! How could no one at freaking NAMM (of all places) not kick this a-hole out? She was in tears and he totally played her. I'm hoing to see if I can get a scan of the autographs.

I'd wring his neck if I could - WHO IS HE? Pavel from San Diego ? JCoster or the guy from Toronto? Several names were mentioned.

ooooo that is SO SAD!!! ...SHAME ON HIM!!!:mad: :madspit:

AtomicLemon said:

---

wow!! that is awful!!
i am shocked no one at NAMM said anything!!
that is just ridiculous!

AtomicLemon said:

Ok - THAT's just frightening. He looks like a creepy, lecherous man that hangs out trolling for young chick to impress.

Blecchhh.

How right you are with that! Wonder just how many he fooled that day. Oh and from the story I have been told he was walking by himself in the Midway airport. Said he had been in town for a fundraiser and was headed somewhere else.

Btw that's so sad with what happened to your friend. Some people apparently hold no shame for their actions :tsk:

BonoFox1 said:

Dont recall where this pic is from..but he was wearing this suit when I met him some years back..I got a pic of his chin cause someone bumped into me while I snapped the pic..I didnt know and was so excited to develop my pic and Iall I got was the stubbly chin and pin stripe suit:lol:

Well stubbly chin & pinstripes is good too BonoFox!!! Have you ever posted that pic? I'd like to see it!!! :) Cool that you got to meet him tho!!!!

And I am in shock over that awful faker guy..... that is so sad.

bonocomet said:

Well stubbly chin & pinstripes is good too BonoFox!!! Have you ever posted that pic? I'd like to see it!!! :) Cool that you got to meet him tho!!!!

what i find really odd is his wanting to live his life as someone else completely... does he have no talents or merits of his own he deems valuable ?

AtomicLemon said:

It's Pavel S. from Desire. Check the website to confirm dates he was in Chicago and whatnot. He is a nice guy and claims to be a huge fan. I've met him and seen Desire a couple times in So. Calif. He may look hauntingly like Mr. Hewson, however it's the music and the voice that means the most to me, not the look. Pavel has some physical similarities, that's it. But he is not a letch or anything, he is truly a nice guy. All the guys in Desire are genuine U2 fans doing what they like, playing and sharing U2 music.

bonocomet said:

actually I'm trying to scan it right now..I'm testing out a new scanner.....Oh and as Im looking at the pic it is a brown pin strip and I think he was going to the Golden Globes....

I beg to differ here...

If you are a Bono look-alike and you intentionally try to fool people, you are an ASS! You should be arrested you jerk! You might want to hire a lawyer pal!

This guy has no idea what he is doing....first of all, get real earrings, get a real pair of shades (fake Bvlgaris), get a real beard (nice trim), get a real jacket (you're in the wrong era), get a real rosary (look that one up!), and get REAL as a person...you are obviously not a real fan of Bono (can you say "bandwagon?"). I happen to be a Bono impersonator and you, Pavel, make us all look a bunch of assholes! Come to NYC and I'll give you some lessons in Bono manners...you know who I am, look me up! You have to have some respect for him, he is the man, he is the ONLY man, you need to accept that...PERIOD!

Tony
Singer in Unforgettable Fire in New York City (San Diego, LOL!)

Come to NYC with your band and play ( I beg you) and see how many people you draw...I can't wait to tell the folks at Principle of what an ass you are! LOL! Nice move!

AtomicLemon said:

---

Did you get my PM earlier today? I gave you some info on who this really was (Pavel from Desire).

Professional lurker here. Not here to argue, but isn't a Bono or any celebrity look-alike/impersonator for that matter enjoying the attention they get from people aka fans who do a double take? Don't you actually want these fans to believe the impersonators are the REAL thing? I am sure you love it, Tony. Maybe it is wrong for these impersonators to sign autographs and whatnot....no reason telling a fellow Bono look alike publicly to get legal representation especially if you don't know the entire story of what happened with these alleged U2 fans drawn to speaking with and photographing this look-alike Bono.

It's wrong in my opinion if the look alike signs Bono's name when asked for an autograph. That to me is like forgery. I don't think it fair to totally knock someone for their lack of attention to detail. Maybe the celeb look alike cannot afford "the real thing", not everybody can.

I believe that a true and "REAL" Bono fan would know immediately whether it was really THE MAN or not. I've seen some U2 tributes. I can tell the ones who are true U2 fans enjoying emulating the music of U2 having fun and enjoying what they do from the ones who are die hard impersonators, U2 fans or not but obviously wanting to make money and a career out of acting as a celebrity as their bottom line. It isn't right to think you're better than the Real Thing. Newsflash, none of you are
G-ds.

Why should this become a big contest anyway to see who is real, who does it right, who looks the more the part, who has the real Bvulgari's on, etc? :shrug: I don't get it. There seems to be plenty of area around the globe for U2 tribute bands and look alikes. Why go running to Principle if you have no facts, if you weren't there at the time that an exchange took place (there are normally two sides to stories) and what on earth would Principle do anyway? :shrug:

Maybe it's best to take personal attacks to a private forum. I am sure Principle Mgmt would much rather prefer if any of you wish to bash one another that you take it offline.

U2 God said:
I beg to differ here...

If you are a Bono look-alike and you intentionally try to fool people, you are an ASS! You should be arrested you jerk! You might want to hire a lawyer pal!

This guy has no idea what he is doing....first of all, get real earrings, get a real pair of shades (fake Bvlgaris), get a real beard (nice trim), get a real jacket (you're in the wrong era), get a real rosary (look that one up!), and get REAL as a person...you are obviously not a real fan of Bono (can you say "bandwagon?"). I happen to be a Bono impersonator and you, Pavel, make us all look a bunch of assholes! Come to NYC and I'll give you some lessons in Bono manners...you know who I am, look me up! You have to have some respect for him, he is the man, he is the ONLY man, you need to accept that...PERIOD!

Tony
Singer in Unforgettable Fire in New York City (San Diego, LOL!)

Come to NYC with your band and play ( I beg you) and see how many people you draw...I can't wait to tell the folks at Principle of what an ass you are! LOL! Nice move!

Galeongirl said:
the guy's way too yellow...

That was my thought too... I actually think it kinda looks like he has hepatitis! :huh:

Last edited:
AtomicLemon said:

---

Well I dont know that guy as Im on the east coast right now but I have checked a couple tribute bands out here including U2 Nation, 2U and Unforgettable Fire and none of them have ever claimed to be Bono or signed autographs as Bono. From what Ive read on interference browsing through the threads ,its thin ice when it comes to impersonators and how far they go. U2s music has done alot for me personally and if I thought I was talking to Bono I too would share some personal thoughts. To find out it was an imposter, would upset me. I say imposter because I feel (my opinion) its up to the impersonator not to cross that line. You can really hurt someones feelings. That guy is right that there are 2 sides to each story, but from the quote I just read, its very hurtful

Jack

LoveU2LikeMad said:
Professional lurker here. Not here to argue, but isn't a Bono or any celebrity look-alike/impersonator for that matter enjoying the attention they get from people aka fans who do a double take? Don't you actually want these fans to believe the impersonators are the REAL thing? I am sure you love it, Tony. Maybe it is wrong for these impersonators to sign autographs and whatnot....no reason telling a fellow Bono look alike publicly to get legal representation especially if you don't know the entire story of what happened with these alleged U2 fans drawn to speaking with and photographing this look-alike Bono...

This is one of the most ridiculously outrageous things I have ever read. Is there absolutely no sense of right and wrong in this society anymore? No one knows the difference between onstage and off? I hope to hell the U2 people who regularly track these sites looking for nuts take a good look at this thread and at this jackass, playing U2 fans and signing Bono's name. If you don't find any disgrace in that, keep in mind that it is one step away from the Jaguar dealership or the Four Seasons. The nerve of calling that poor woman an "alleged U2 fan." This guy is a U2 fan like Mark David Chapman was a John Lennon fan -- at best, he's disturbed. And at worst...

To make a joke that you're impersonating someone is good clean fun; to fraudulently milk fans emotionally by harvesting the rewards of someone else's life done right seems like theft.

Not funny, not right.

This guy is a creep. Let him emulate Bono's noble life and make something of himself instead.

"Maybe it's best to take personal attacks to a private forum. I am sure Principle Mgmt would much rather prefer if any of you wish to bash one another that you take it offline."

Agree with everything you said, and it was a well stated reply. This is just a sore spot for me because I was once accused of doing this and it wasn't me. Futher, someone told me that this wasn't even Pavel so to him, I appologize, sincerely. Being an impersonater is a bonfide business and source of income for some people and I truly respect that. Any U2 Tribute Band is, in fact, an impersonation. A lot of them are my friends and very good people too.

Peace,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom