Is That You, Barry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
U2 be or not U2 be?
23/11/2006 17:04:03

Bono - or someone very like him - has been drawing crowds in central Auckland.

TV news cameras, a reporter and piles of fans have been following a Bono impersonator around Queen Street.

He looks just like the rock star, is wearing a cowboy hat and sunnies and has the trademark Bono swagger.

The impersonator is posing for photos, but when one fan asked for an autograph a security guard stepped in and made it clear he was not the real thing.

He travels with the band and is the "official Bono impersonator".

Someone's being a bit imaginative, me thinks!

This guy was on the late news last night, being filmed on One Tree Hill. He looks quite a lot like Bono, the big giveaways are that he has long hair and a scar on his left neck (operation for thyroid cancer). He has a good singing voice tho' not quite better than the real thing!

True, he was around Auckland central today. Quite a few people have been getting pics with him, I'm sure (hope!) that they know it's not really Bono.

Yeah, he "travels with the band". Clearly he's not "official", but I bet Bono's having a laugh anyway.

Me still wants to know about the bono clone driving the moped at Abbey.. and for me being the bonosapian clone person I still cant grasp the perfection.

I saw him at Melbourne 1. Heaps of people were getting photos with him and stuff. I thought about getting one of him, but decided its best not to encourage him. I don't know what it is, but I find impersonators (of anyone) to be kinda pathetic.

Oh, and there were a few Fake Edges (mostly Pop era if you must know, but at least one JT) wandering around as well, but they put no where near as much effort into their looks as Fake Bono did.

"Barry? BARRY!!? I'll get back to you Barry." (Sorry Yo-Go add)

Maybe this was the same guy down at South Bank in Melbourne. My dad has a photo of him on a bike. Claimed to be Bono and all. :tsk: Wasn't him.

-Nikki

How strange! I saw a Bono lookalike (and spoke to) At Melb 1, but he wasn't American (he was local), so there must be more than one! The one I was talking to was wearing whitish snakeskin type boots for most of the day before he changed into Bono-style stacked "clogs" for the concert. Whenever we saw him, we would do a double take like "Wtf? Bono.. out here- ohhh" And logic would get the better of us.

lol, the guys name is Matt, evidently he put on a great performance last night for U2 fans in an Auckland carpark!!!! They were RAVING about him!!! :wink:

:hmm: Maybe because Adam and Larry aren't as distinctive. Edge has his facial hair and hats, Bono has his glasses and hats. All those things are pretty easy to get hold of.

Or maybe Larry and Adam just aren't as popular... Nah. :wink:

The guy who donated his locks is named Matt Easter, and he does NOT try to pretend to be Bono, only at U2 tribute shows.
He's a really really nice guy. Let's not be too hard on him. He does a wonderful job at trying to Bono.

Back
Top Bottom