Is that a lance or are you just happy to see me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~Angelfire~

The Fly
on a beach, dressed as mermaid...waiting for Larry
My family celebrated my cousin's 12th birthday today by going to Medieval Times. When we got in, I couldn't believe what I saw! Our knight, the black and white knight known as the "warrior-priest", looked EXACTLY like JT era Edge! It was odd 'cause he was the only one not wearing a hood but I loved it cause I could see his face better. He had long dark hair, a bit of hair-loss in the front (sorry Edge), and Edge's face! Best of all, he won the tournament! YAY! (that is until the traitor stabbed him with his own sword...grr...)

Anyway, this led me to several questions:

1) If the members of U2 were knights in a tournament, who would win?

2)Which would capture the princess's heart?

3) Who would they throw roses to in the audience?

4) If not participating in the tournament, Would U2 ever go to watch Medieval Times?

5) If they did go, would they wear the stupid paper hats they make everyone wear?

6) Would they enjoy eating with their hands?
etc., etc.

Well, what do ya think?

~Angelfire~

1. Bono, sho' nuff! He'd sooooooo be the White Knight.

2. Bono or Sir Lardence.....depends if she's likes a charmer or a looker.

3. Actually, they'd throw roses to Adam, who is in the audience sitting on the King's throne, because I can't see him actually riding a horse....

4. Maybe.........Larry wouldn't.

5. BWAHAHAHHAH!!!:laugh: I don't know if they would, but it'd be funny as hell!!!!! *thinks of group picture where they all put tape on different body parts....*

6. I dunno.......they'd enjoy the ale though.:drunk:

Happy Birthday to your cousin! This is a good idea! I'd love to see our guys as Knights, or princes! Bono would be the one they would throw roses at, just like girls do at concerts, and I know he'd steal any princess's heart! :cute:

Which one of them would end up AS the princess?

:laugh: :laugh:

I can totally see Bono, Edge, and Adam wearing the paper hats. Larry would excuse himself long before that point. Ditto for the eating with hands.

Although I do know that Medieval Times offers vegetarian meals, so that would be no excuse.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE medieval times, I've been to the one.. in.. whatever city in Illinois, Orlando, and Los Angeles... never put half a marching band in one section, half in the other, and have their knights fight. It gets ugly. Course if they're all in one section it's so loud the announcer gets mad. ANYWAY.

If you just gave them all a lance and said "have at it?" Edge, he could scientific his way through it.

Adam, he'd forego the tournament and have run off with the princess long before the end.

ME. :yes: I got a rose in LA... maybe cos I was in the front row.

4) If not participating in the tournament, Would U2 ever go to watch Medieval Times?
Of course they would. Larry might not. Something tells me Edge would really like that place.

5) If they did go, would they wear the stupid paper hats they make everyone wear?
Larry wouldn't.

etc., etc.
Adam might not.

after thinking about this subject a bit more because i was bored (and not able to sleep), i just HAD to see Bono as a knight!

Lords and Ladies, I present to you Lord Bono of Dublin

bonoknight.jpg

I think I should make a couple more of these... Edge with a battle axe, Larry with a lance, and ofcourse Adam with a long sword :evil:

~Angelfire~

~Angelfire~ said:
after thinking about this subject a bit more because i was bored (and not able to sleep), i just HAD to see Bono as a knight!

bonoknight.jpg

I think I should make a couple more of these... Edge with a battle axe, Larry with a lance, and ofcourse Adam with a long sword :evil:

~Angelfire~

:lmao: That's hiLARRYous! Oooo, I want to see the other guys too! :hyper:

BTW, kudos on the thread title! You sure know how to get a PLEBAn's attention. :sexywink:

Bono as a knight......I love that! Great pic! Great idea! Would they go to Medieval Times? I dunno, I agree with Steph about the ale. :lol: :lol:

1) If the members of U2 were knights in a tournament, who would win?-----------Bono, he'd kick the other's asses.

2)Which would capture the princess's heart?-----------Bono.

3) Who would they throw roses to in the audience?--------Hmmm, A mixture of Ali, Ann, Morleigh and Suzie? :der: ..............No....

4) If not participating in the tournament, Would U2 ever go to watch Medieval Times?-----------Yeah, Edge just for the sake of seeing old stuff standing around....

5) If they did go, would they wear the stupid paper hats they make everyone wear?--------------Bono would wear his shades as well and so would even look cool with the paper hat. Who else can get away with a Greenpeace suit and looking hot in it? :|

etc., etc. -----------------Hell, yeah! *imagines Bono dripping with bbq sauce and meat in his hands* :drool:

~Angelfire~ said:

bonoknight.jpg

~Angelfire~

This is the perfect thing for me! :cute: I've had fantasies about Bono as a knight rescuing me and pulling me up on his horse and riding away with me! :love: Thank you! :up:

~Angelfire~ said:
One more to add to the collection! Sir Lawrence with his trusty lance

larryknight.jpg

It might take a bit longer to do Adam 'cause I can't find a decent picture of him to use...oh well

~Angelfire~

BWHAHAHA!!! ee thats great...look at that sheer concentration on his face:lol:

~Angelfire~ said:
One more to add to the collection! Sir Lawrence with his trusty lance

larryknight.jpg

It might take a bit longer to do Adam 'cause I can't find a decent picture of him to use...oh well

~Angelfire~

Oh my, what is Larry doing with his lance? :eek:

:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:!!

Those pics are priceless!! :up:

:lmao:

Bono duh!! Edge would be too taken with undoing the lance and putting it back together, Adam would be too busy lounging in his suit of armor and Larry just can't beat Bono! :sexywink:

omd. my vote goes to Adam, although Bono would be a close second.

lolllll Bono'd probably throw it to the peasants because he likes to speak to everyone!

Probably only Bono.. I'm not sure the others would like all the mud!

:lmao: yes!!!

etc., etc.
Hahhaaaaaa NO way! they're way too food picky!

Great thread! :D

My vote is for Larry, he's the strongest. Bono just doesn't seem to have the attention span, he'd start out all good and then he'd see a little kid in the crowd and have to go talk to them about life and dreams and all that. Adam seems entirely too laid back to get dressed in all the gear, get on the horse, weild his lance and get into hand-to-hand combat, I could totally see him off to the side laughing and cheering everyone on. I'm not sure about Edge but maybe all that guitar slinging would help him be handy with a sword.

Larry, he so has that strong silent type thing going for him, very knightly (is that even a word? I guess it is now).

Bono for sure.

I think so. With all the kids they have between them, I'd be surprised if a couple of them haven't already been to a Medieval Times or something similar.

For sure. We've all seen the Discotheque video, they don't appear to embarass easily.

etc., etc.

Definitely, then at the end of the meal Adam would pick the scraps from everyone else's plates.

LOVE this thread!

I don't know anything about this Medieval Times thing cos we don't have it over here......but I used to work at a Robin Hood themed medieval banquet here in Nottingham, so I'll base my fantasies on that......

I played Maid Marion at the banquet and Robin Hood used to swing down on a rope from a balcony and have a sword fight to rescue me from the evil sheriff......mmmm it would have made a LOT more enthusiastic for my job if it had been Bono swinging down to save me.....

although thinking about it, Bono would probably have got his feet tangled in the rope and ended up landing in a heap on the floor.

the pictures are great! the edge-knight kinda scared me though...

YAY!! when i was little we used to go to this renaissance (can't spell and i know it) festival that they had every year. i haven't a clue where it was; in new york somewhere.

edge. just cos. bono would fall off the horse. can hardly picture adam in this tournament in the first place. i think larry would givde edge some competition though. but perhps edge has some understanding of physics that would help. it's not the strongest who wins, it's the smartest, that kind of thing.

hmm...i think bono would try to, but he'd try to hard. like it would work in capturing someone's heart, but it wouldn'r quite fit a fairytale...adam too...larry would. he just seems to fit that part a bit better.

depends on who's there. wife, girlfriend, children, random other people, etc.

yeah. you can't beat jousting tournaments and funky paper hats and stuff.

of COURSE! and edge would put his paper hat on top of his beanie

maybe bono and edge might...:shrug:

Oh Sir Knight!

Kristie said:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE medieval times, I've been to the one.. in.. whatever city in Illinois, Orlando, and Los Angeles... never put half a marching band in one section, half in the other, and have their knights fight. It gets ugly. Course if they're all in one section it's so loud the announcer gets mad. ANYWAY.

BWAHAHAHA! :lmao: That is too true!! :eeklaugh:

I think I'm going to say Larry. He has the muscles.

Bono, because of his valiance and tendency to recite poetry while he ran around heroically with his lance

Larry would probably look at his flower like, "Do they really expect me to throw this thing?" Edge would go for the shy girl sitting in the corner. Bono would throw it to the girls who cheered the loudest for him. And Adam, he'd probably put it in his mouth and start doing the tango or something. ;)

As a joke, I could see them. Or to throw off an annoying reporter following them. I can totally see Bono jumping onstage demanding to participate.

Edge wouldn't because it just wouldn't look right with a beanie on. Adam would. Bono would. Larry.....he might, if he was feeling relaxed enough.

etc., etc.
Secretly, they all would.

Great idea for a post!! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom