Is Larry married?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved that interview. That was great fun!

But the interview I'm remembering was definitely in a magazine, and it was much more recent (last two or three years). Let's keep searching.

biff said:
I wish I could remember which article this was in, but there have been so many in the past two or three years. Anyway, in this particular article, which I recall was in a "reputable" magazine (not a tabloid) Larry was asked directly if he was married and he said, "No", that they "had never gotten around to it". I'll keep looking for it. Does this not ring a bell with anyone? (Perhaps it was Hot Press. I have a subscription to that, but I know there are often items in it that don't get covered here at Interference.)
:shrug:

it was in vanity fair from november of last year if im not mistaken

found the excerpt
vanity fair october, 2004

Larry, who looked like a Bruce Weber model when he started the band and is still gorgeous, says, "I want to retract the statement I made to you in 1987 about not wanting to be known for my looks. Now I absolutely want to be known for my looks." Larry has been with Ann Acheson since he was 13; they have three children but "never got around to getting married." Was this a problem with religion? "For me, no," he says. "Other people had conflicts with it and lost sleep about it. I certainly didn't." In another conversation, I ask Adam about bands like Radiohead and Coldplay, who have obviously been influenced by U2. "Well," he says, "I think it's great that Coldplay is a band that admits it."

Linny: your English is great....you said it right. Larry and Ann are wearing the same shirt. They seem to like to dress the same!

Devlin: where is Ann's big rock? I don't see her wearing any rings except what looks like a wedding band (gold) on her right ("wrong") hand (unless you wear your wedding ring on your right hand in Ireland?).

Ann must be REALLY tiny!! She probably makes Larry feel REALLY tall (isn't he only like 5'7"?) He must like that she's so petite next to him!

Crimson_Nails said:

(PS GracelandHarley: your avatar is really :drool: Do you have any more pics of him on that Harley, please?)

Just one other from Graceland...

LarBonoonGracelandHarley.jpg

Sraphim (who has all but disappeared from these boards :sad: ) made it for me from screen caps from Rattle and Hum. I have one more from the film...

LarrysweettalkingGracelandguide.jpg

Other Harley pics...
Harley_PDept1_JT.jpg

Harley_leatherjacket_JT.jpg

Harley_bigpicture_JT.jpg

:drool:

Do there happen to be pictures from that Nude interview???
I :lol: ed very much over Bono's comment:'I'm a modest man'... but were they in their undies or... completely... :faint:

anybody has audio/video of this???

oh crap!
"Update! In a Hot Press interview with Dave Fanning dated 02 Apr 2003 (you can read it on Hotpress.com if you're registered):
OT: Tell me about the famous nude interview?

DF: We were all nude except for underpants. I think only Adam was completely naked. The head of radio came in because at that time they were quite big and he looked in and he was stunned. There in his own radio station are five people drinking live on air naked. It was a bit of a sight for him, I can tell you (laughs). "

still.. Bono in blue underpants :drool: (makes me wonder what kind they wear :angel: )

Last edited:
Crimson_Nails said:

I think we have something in common here, and you know what they say, "Great minds think alike." I've deleted as many things as I can, so I can just hope....*crosses fingers and toes*

deleating program icons when they come up through serches doesn't always delete all of the program since they have lots of hidden files that take up hard drive space (I found this out the hard way). Your best bet for getting rid of the programs if you don't have the CD is to go into my computer, then control panel and click on install/uninstall programs unistalling this way normally doesn't require CD like it does if you simply click "unistall" in the programs menu, though it largely depends on the program. I hope this helps somewhat.

Sorry for being off topic again.

Galeongirl said:

miro... I love you....
Do you happen to have pictures yourself too :wink: :drool:

DAMN they talk fast!!!!! :faint:

:yes:

But the boys asked me to keep them to myself :shh:

:lol:

Miroslava said:

:yes:

But the boys asked me to keep them to myself :shh:

:lol:
ohplease! you had enough Bono love htis tour... and it probably hasn't ended yet!!! Share some with me, your loyal follower, O Miroslava, Great Goddess of U2 Wisdom.... :bow:

lol the interview is funny.... :drool: Bono in blue boxers....
jesus christ, Bono talking in a german accent... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MSMCGirl: Yeah, that thing. And honestly,. I haven't the foggiest notion which hand a Christian wedding ring is worn. Baha'i's don't exchange 'em at all, so..

edge's girl said:

deleating program icons when they come up through serches doesn't always delete all of the program since they have lots of hidden files that take up hard drive space (I found this out the hard way). Your best bet for getting rid of the programs if you don't have the CD is to go into my computer, then control panel and click on install/uninstall programs unistalling this way normally doesn't require CD like it does if you simply click "unistall" in the programs menu, though it largely depends on the program. I hope this helps somewhat.

Sorry for being off topic again.

Damn! :mad: Ah well, you can't win 'em all, I'll just keep trying.

GracelandHarley: Thank you for the pics, I only had them small. :drool:

Galeongirl; Heh. Is it my fault it's never been important? I'm not likely to wear one just on the principle that I think it's a silly tradition, personally. But that's me. I'm wierd. I'll wear a dog collar. I'll pierce my tongue. But I won't wear a wedding band. And I won't wear earrings. Not even if Bono gave 'em to me.

Back
Top Bottom