Is it Lawrence or Laurence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
Maybe this is a rather silly and pointless question, but I'm just curious... how does Larry spell his full given name?

Everything I've seen says "Lawrence"... except for this one bit in U2 by U2 where he's talking about adding the "Jr" to his name, and one of the suggestions to distinguish himself from his father was to call himself "Laurence Joseph" or whatever it was.

Did the printers make a typo, or have all the websites got it wrong?

:scratch:

hmm i go for Lawrence, because I think and correct me if I'm wrong, Larry is the short form for Lawrence and Laurie is the short form for Laurence. I mean I'm sure that's not set in stone or anything, but that's how it is in my family. I've a great uncle Laurie (Laurence) and on the other side Larry, who's Lawrence.

*shrugs*

I knew the Lardence / irish pronunciation thing but I'd never heard the Sharon/Shardon thing! I thought it was just the boys being silly. Apparently the whole of Ireland is silly :giggle:

Lardence.jpg

It's L-A-R-D-E-N-C-E!. :lol:

Seriously... Lawrence ? I though it was always Larry and that Lawrence/Lardence was just Bono joking around.

it's a documentary on the Slane dvd, Making of Unforgettable Fire :)

And I can't remember what book, but I do recall Larry's story about his dad getting his tax letters and thus adding the jr, he did say Lawrence Mullen Jr I think :hmm:

It's a great documentary! It's included on the Elevation Slane DVD. (edit, oh hi Gg.. you snuck in there on me :lol: )

Bono and Edge trying to spell LARDENCE :giggle:
ufdoclardencemoussy.gif

Bono eating fire :ohmy:
ufdocbonobabyfireeatermoussy.gif

ufdocbonocutemoussy.gif

bono talking about putting the "oh oh oh oh's" in Pride :cute:

(moussy made a whole bunch of great animations from the doc. thanks again!)

Back
Top Bottom