Is it just looks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
My friend was talkin to me the other day about Edge.... well she wasnt really talkin, she was just askin me a question to see what i would say. Anyway she asked me if Edge got into a horrible accident (which is horrible to think of!) and his looks were not hott anymore, like his face was all scars and stuff, if I would still love him. And I said of course I would you moron! lol. And she was omg Lindsay thats really stupid. And it kinda hurt when she said that because I dont just love him for his looks, he is a great person INSIDE and out. And I dont care if anything ever happend to his looks, I would still love him. Who's with me? Same question if it were asked about any of them.

Reminds me of the question about Bono. In other words, another really good question.

Why would it be stupid to still love someone, just because of a few scars! I would hate to think someone would ditch me just cause I didn't look like I always had before. Ultimatly, we love people because of who they are, not for how they look. That "love" would fade. There has to be something behind it.

Not exactly related, but to harass me, my friends like to ask me what I would do if Bono died, because they know I'll start freaking out. And I do everytime, without fail.

I would freak out too! Well I did cause my friend asked me that a while back and I got mad at her and we stayed mad at eachother for a while.

I don't even want to imagine any of the band members dying. It makes me want to freak just thinking about it. Not a good thought, not at all.

Nahhhh...looks mean nothing to me in Bono's case (that's why I don't oogle and aw over him). Not at all. Believe me. I mean, that's not why I have an affinity for him and want to one day be his friend.:sexywink:

TheWho4Life said:
Anyway she asked me if Edge got into a horrible accident (which is horrible to think of!) and his looks were not hott anymore, like his face was all scars and stuff, if I would still love him. And I said of course I would you moron! lol. And she was omg Lindsay thats really stupid.

That's a very shallow attitude for her to have. :tsk:

What if someone she cared about were disfigured in an industrial accident? Is she going to dump him when he needs her the most just because he's not as handsome as he used to be?! He's still the same person inside.

Or turn it around; how would she feel if she were in such an accident and she got ditched because she was no longer beautiful?

Society places way too much emphasis on looks, and not nearly enough on personality, intelligence and love. It's shameful.

Okay I admit it. I like their looks. We really don't know them well enough to say we love them for their personalities even though Bono's show through so strongly. I like a lot of bands' music, but I don't go to any message boards but this one. The reason is because I want to see the pics. I also admit it that I didn't like the way Bono looked in Pop when he had no hair and I didn't want to see any pics of him. My son likes Natalie Portman but not her new haircut. It's different with your fantasy person than with people we know personally. What would be a shallow way to feel about a friend or a relative is different with a star we only see on TV or the internet. That doesn't mean they aren't people with feelings, just that they aren't really involved in our personal lives so it's not the same. As long as I have cared about U2 -since 1981- I could never stop liking them completely. They are a part of me.

Seabird said:
What would be a shallow way to feel about a friend or a relative is different with a star we only see on TV or the internet. That doesn't mean they aren't people with feelings, just that they aren't really involved in our personal lives so it's not the same.

You have a good point, and I did overreact. But I still think it's shallow to stop liking somebody because they got disfigured, even if you don't know them personally.

I like Edge because he comes across as very intelligent and kind, he's a multi-talented musician and just generally seems to be a good person. Yes, he is exceptionally handsome, but I'd still like him if he got disfigured, because he'd still have the above mentioned qualities.

Sue DeNym said:
Yes, he is exceptionally handsome, but I'd still like him if he got disfigured, because he'd still have the above mentioned qualities.

I wasn't talking about not liking them anymore if they got disfigured, just looks in general. I can understand why it would bother someone to look at pics of a disfigured person, or be upset or disturbed, but that wouldn't mean they still didn't feel sorry for them and like them, only not see pics anymore. But it's not going to happen to anyone in U2:sad:

Re: Re: Is it just looks?

Sue DeNym said:

That's a very shallow attitude for her to have. :tsk:

What if someone she cared about were disfigured in an industrial accident? Is she going to dump him when he needs her the most just because he's not as handsome as he used to be?! He's still the same person inside.

Or turn it around; how would she feel if she were in such an accident and she got ditched because she was no longer beautiful?

Society places way too much emphasis on looks, and not nearly enough on personality, intelligence and love. It's shameful.

I hate her attitude against me. She has it about everything. Yesterday I was posting something at a blink 182 place, cause she wanted me to, and i hadnt put a subject on it yet, and she was like lindsay you have to put a subject(saying it like i was stupid) I was like, "duh i know i do this all the time" and im like leave me alone, she was like "fine i will" and walked off. Guh sometimes i could just punch her! But my other friend amanda doenst base anything on looks at all. lol. her bfs are kinda ugly but she loves them anyway. But I would love all of U2 if anything ever happend, but nothin will.

I for one has never went for looks. I go by personality and how that person is in the inside. I love the way u2 looks.. weither they stay that way or not.. i love them from the inside to the outside.. I was tought never to judge others by looks..

I do come to PLEBA to see the pics most of the time, but I would still love Edge no matter what, unless I found out he was a murderer or something lol.

its kinda fit for Bono to have a few scars (in the nicest possible way)! it shows that he is rough and ready lol! :wink: :drool:

Remember when Bono's chin got cut during a Washington DC concert? As I recall, the spotlight that he was toting on stage somehow slipped and tagged him in the chin. If you are familiar with that GORGEOUS Rolling Stone cover (date eludes me), you can see the tiny scar there.

I felt so badly for him when that happened. Imagine being up on stage and having an accident like that and bleeding all over :ohmy:.

I agree about Edge - I have always loved his face - especially his eyes. There was an old Kate Bush song called "The Man With a Child in His Eyes" - makes me think of Edge all the time. There is also a far-away, haunted look to him which I adore.

No, it's not just looks for me. There are a lot of people who I would say are much more "conventionally" attractive than U2. But they've got shoddy personalities or are criminally inclined or there is something else equally unlikeable about them. But Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry are just good, interesting people and that's why I like them. They'd still be the same if they looked different (worse or better) and besides, things like scars are neat if they tell a story (if only they weren't so painful ...!)

OctoberTrees said:
Remember when Bono's chin got cut during a Washington DC concert? As I recall, the spotlight that he was toting on stage somehow slipped and tagged him in the chin. If you are familiar with that GORGEOUS Rolling Stone cover (date eludes me), you can see the tiny scar there.

I felt so badly for him when that happened. Imagine being up on stage and having an accident like that and bleeding all over :ohmy:.

I agree about Edge - I have always loved his face - especially his eyes. There was an old Kate Bush song called "The Man With a Child in His Eyes" - makes me think of Edge all the time. There is also a far-away, haunted look to him which I adore.

i think there is NO look alikes of any members of U2 period!

Interesting topic...

There's tons of male celebrities who are much better-looking than Bono, but I'm still way more attracted to the B-man because of his personality.

HHHHHM I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE B-MAN THING. BUT I THINK BONO IS THE HOTTEST GUY EVER NEXT TO ORLANDO BLOOM OF COURSE:drool:

Back
Top Bottom