is Bono sticking up for McCartney?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
is Bono sticking up for his friend Paul? Has he come out and commented on whats going on?

I don't think so. He's had enough drama going on in his own life this week. I don't think anyone believes the allegations against him. Most people suspected Heather was just a gold digger and a schemer anyway. (I can't say, I don't know the woman, but it wouldn't shock me)

Currently Listening: "Ten Days"/Celine Dion

If Bono commented on Paul's private life, I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
europop2005 said:
is Bono sticking up for his friend Paul? Has he come out and commented on whats going on?

Why on earth would he? There's never been any indication that that they are really close friends; rather, they would seem to be people who are acquainted through various common musical and social links. They're hardly bosom pals; there's no sign of them spending lots of (or even any) time together as friends.

I don't think a divorce is something for outsiders to be sticking their nose into. I'd be stunned if he did say something.

I'd actually think less of Bono if he did stick his nose in this whole ugly business. I don't think people are taking Heather's allegations seriously anyway.

Yeah, I think it would add fuel to the fire if there was too much interference. I think he knows better than to stick his nose into something like that.

U2isthebest said:

Yup. Ignore me. I enjoy making stupid puns.:reject: One of my favs. always has something about going over "the edge" I crack up every time, nobody gets it but me:giggle:

I do that as well

normal about blow flys, someone says "there is a fly in here"

and i look around and say "NO! Bono's not here"

and they have no clue what im talking about

i dont think bono will say anything because its not his place to say anything

U2isthebest said:

Yup. Ignore me. I enjoy making stupid puns.:reject: One of my favs. always has something about going over "the edge" I crack up every time, nobody gets it but me:giggle:

:yes: I enjoy sitting on the end of a row of seats and then going "hey look...I'm ON THE EDGE!! lololol" and everyone's just like :rolleyes:

U2isthebest said:
I don't think so. He's had enough drama going on in his own life this week. I don't think anyone believes the allegations against him. Most people suspected Heather was just a gold digger and a schemer anyway. (I can't say, I don't know the woman, but it wouldn't shock me)

Currently Listening: "Ten Days"/Celine Dion

:bono: Now I ain't sayin' she a gold-digger, but she ain't dealing with no broke...

Even my mom thinks Heather is just looking for cash, sympathy from the public, whatever.

Even if there is *any* truth to the allegations, wouldn't there have been a pattern? What about when Linda was alive? Would the kids have noticed or said anything?

I'm hoping she's making this stuff up, 'cause to drag his name through the mud (slapping the 'wife-beater' label on him) is just low.

Paul's better off without her.:madspit:

If anything Bono would provide support, caring and understanding toward his friend Paul McCartney. I don't believe he would be one of those to take sides in the throes of a couple's nasty divorce. But to be there as a friend, that I could see Bono doing.....a sounding board, to lend a shoulder to cry on, to just listen and provide support.

Carek1230 said:
If anything Bono would provide support, caring and understanding toward his friend Paul McCartney. I don't believe he would be one of those to take sides in the throes of a couple's nasty divorce. But to be there as a friend, that I could see Bono doing.....a sounding board, to lend a shoulder to cry on, to just listen and provide support.

I agree 100%. Bono is too much a gentleman to get entanlged
in Sir Paul's private affairs, but he would be there if Paul needed moral support. ( And I don't believe at all Heather's claims in her legal papers. I mean.....just how low will this woman go now to get attention??? The allegations not only ruin Paul's character, but
may ruin his career as a touring musician.)

Kristin Machina said:

:bono: Now I ain't sayin' she a gold-digger, but she ain't dealing with no broke...

Even my mom thinks Heather is just looking for cash, sympathy from the public, whatever.

Even if there is *any* truth to the allegations, wouldn't there have been a pattern? What about when Linda was alive? Would the kids have noticed or said anything?

I'm hoping she's making this stuff up, 'cause to drag his name through the mud (slapping the 'wife-beater' label on him) is just low.

Paul's better off without her.:madspit:

I'm a big Beatles fan......and Paul fan. :)
So, I had to add my 2 cents here.

Exactly! There is no proof that Paul has ever hit a woman.
It's not like one day he wakes up, and decides to be a wife
beater. Unfortunatley, there is a pattern with guys that do this.
There is no proof or pattern Paul behaved in this way.
There were never any reports that Paul hit Linda, or any women.

Heather's claims are going to backfire on her. There is a "gag order" in effect. Heather broke that order by leaking her legal papers. If she expects to get any monetary benefits from her
divorce trial, she can kiss that bye bye now. She broke the law!
Heather's lawyer has already stated in the tabloids that his goal
is to ruin Paul's character. Well.....he's doing a great job.

:mad:

The whole thing just proves that fathers should listen to their kids. I remember that Stella McCartney didn't like Heather from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom