Is Bono ok??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:

Yeah, because "prolapsed" is a typically cryptic medical term. "Slipped" isn't academic enough for the docs. But it makes more sense.
No offense to any docs who may be reading this, I'm sure you're cool. It's my medical terminology class in school that was such a pain in the :censored:.

I think it was first reported from Showbiz Ireland that he had a "slipped disc." So I'm assuming the press is taking that and trying to fancy it up by saying "prolapsed" to get people to read it. Just guessing. So yeah, docs have their own names for things as you said. AHH which makes it confusing. :huh: True true.... I know reading all those terms and trying to study them would make me so confuzzled. :crazy:

Bonofied U said:

I think it was first reported from Showbiz Ireland that he had a "slipped disc." So I'm assuming the press is taking that and trying to fancy it up by saying "prolapsed" to get people to read it. Just guessing. So yeah, docs have their own names for things as you said. AHH which makes it confusing. :huh: True true.... I know reading all those terms and trying to study them would make me so confuzzled. :crazy:

Now you know why I quit my hospital job. Seriously, "Bono is hurt" sells newspapers. "Bono has a prolapsed disc" might sell more.

verte76 said:

Now you know why I quit my hospital job. Seriously, "Bono is hurt" sells newspapers. "Bono has a prolapsed disc" might sell more.

Yeah, I admire people who want to help others. But all of the dr terms are confusing! Yeah that's so true. And it also really spazzes out fans when they do that. :yikes:

Bonofied U said:

Yeah, I admire people who want to help others. But all of the dr terms are confusing! Yeah that's so true. And it also really spazzes out fans when they do that. :yikes:

It's had me nervous about the Oscars and stuff. Fortunately all reports indicate that Bono isn't going to let this get in the way of performing at the Oscars. Thank God!!!

verte76 said:

It's had me nervous about the Oscars and stuff. Fortunately all reports indicate that Bono isn't going to let this get in the way of performing at the Oscars. Thank God!!!

Yeah, same here! And nervous for him too. And that one report saying he's in "agony" over his back didn't help. :yikes: I don't think he was that pained over it -- at the meteor awards he looked nothing more than tired. Unless he had a period of it acting up real bad. Yep... Bono has a very determined strong willed person -- instead of thinking of himself he thinks of others and doesn't want to disappoint. Lets hope he's feeling a lot better now. :)

Bonofied U said:

Yeah, same here! And nervous for him too. And that one report saying he's in "agony" over his back didn't help. :yikes: I don't think he was that pained over it -- at the meteor awards he looked nothing more than tired. Unless he had a period of it acting up real bad. Yep... Bono has a very determined strong willed person -- instead of thinking of himself he thinks of others and doesn't want to disappoint. Lets hope he's feeling a lot better now. :)

I didn't see the Meteors. But they will definitely be at the Oscars. I didn't think they'd pull out of that one. They were really excited at the invitation.

verte76 said:

I didn't see the Meteors. But they will definitely be at the Oscars. I didn't think they'd pull out of that one. They were really excited at the invitation.

I didn't either, as of yet. Just pictures. Yeah, true. So hopefully he's feeling better enough now where it won't be much trouble to go to the oscars. :)

Bonofied U said:

I didn't either, as of yet. Just pictures. Yeah, true. So hopefully he's feeling better enough now where it won't be much trouble to go to the oscars. :)
\

Yes, and Entertainment Weekly is predicting that they are going to win! I'll have to celebrate. Wait, I don't think I'll order the cake just yet. If it's true it will be, well, f*cking brilliant!!

verte76 said:
\

Yes, and Entertainment Weekly is predicting that they are going to win! I'll have to celebrate. Wait, I don't think I'll order the cake just yet. If it's true it will be, well, f*cking brilliant!!

Woohoo! I hope they do win an oscar for that song - they deserve it!! Now if only there was a smiley with a party hat on here hehehe. :D :dance:

Back
Top Bottom