Irish Times magazine 25.8.2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Here's the magazine that pride346 requested. It's a special editon to celebrate the first of the two Slane Castle gigs. And even though I already posted the cover on one of the leather day threads, I thought I'd post it here so that every else won't have to scan through 25 pages to try and find it! It's a little worse for wear, coz I took it with me to Slane to read during the many hours of waiting before U2 hit the stage!! :D

Irish_Times_cover_2001.jpg

Okay the final two pages here! :crack: Funny story about the next article, when I read it, while sitting on the grass at Slane Castle, I thought to myself ' I bet I'll never get to see this TV special'!! Little did I know that just 4 years later I would be able to download it myself off the internet, burn it onto a dvd and watch it my TV!!! :wink:

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

k done! :D

:bow:

Thanks for all these scans. I'll have to save some of them as I have never seen these issue before.

hc -:applaud:

:bow: Thanks for posting those!! I noticed that some of the little bits were written by Tony Clayton-Lea who also has just released this book!

33c0458e.jpg

Brilliant book (well I think so anyway!!) packed full of quotes from the guys and a few from others. Makes great reading and saves trawling through masses of pages in other books to look for favourite quotes!

whoa! that was a pretty cool read... had no idea Miles Davis liked U2. I should get my hands on that issue. I wonder if eBay is selling... :scratch:

Last edited:
The fifth page you scanned which is page 9 of the magazine seems to end in a partial sentence but it doesn't seem to continue in any of the other pages you have scanned. Can you check the magazine to figure out what is going on there?

Dana

Back
Top Bottom