Information on Mrs.Bono(Ali)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
So she's not one of the boys, but she is married to one...
give me some info on Ali.
From what I've heard she's one smart cookie, what did she study in college? What does she do while her rock star husband brings redemption to the world?
Just curious, I guess.

All I know is that her name is Alison Stewart and got married to Bono on 1982 (the year I was born ). She has been a support for Bono since he lost his mum. She has 4 kids with him. She wanted to be a nurse and Oh yeah! Bono wrote "The Sweetest Thing" as a gift for her.

Also I know she is a lucky gal. (As well as him)
smile.gif

YAY for Ali!

she studied something like laws & ethics in college. She also is a HUGE supporter of the Children of Chernobyl project and has done a lot of work (quietly, i might add) for the cause.

the site was acting up today, but they have great Ali info here:
http://members.tripod.com/~trampledindust/ALI/

she is one awesome woman!

------------------
"You shout and shout
You're inside out
'til you don't know."

*&* U2 TAKE ME HIGHER *&*

I think that Ali and Bono went to High School together, which means that she was at Mount Temple with the boys. I have seen some pics of her with The Edge and they seem to get along well.

She is one lucky lady!!!

------------------
When you stop taking chances,
You stay where you sit,
You won't live any longer,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
she studied something like laws & ethics in college. She also is a HUGE supporter of the Children of Chernobyl project and has done a lot of work (quietly, i might add) for the cause.

the site was acting up today, but they have great Ali info here:
http://members.tripod.com/~trampledindust/ALI/

she is one awesome woman!

Thanks for the link. I forgot about that web site. I knew the info about her and Bono, I just wondered what she did in college.

She has dimples. And that's cool. I always wanted a set of dimples (I only have one freak dimple). That, and she isn't a crappy person. Her trip to Chernobyl was really overlooked in the media (er I should say the POINT of her trip was). And I thought that was pretty sad. But that's cool that she is an activist too. If I had that kind of name recognition I'd do more things like that to point out all of the injustices. For now I'll just have to spread news around my high school where people know me...hmmm...what an odd post.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Originally posted by Ana:
All I know is that her name is Alison Stewart and got married to Bono on 1982 (
*sob* I was negative 2 years old. I didn't even have a chance. *cry*

But I still think it's great that they've been married nearly 20 years, have adorable children, and are just good people.

P.S. On VH1 one day there was some lady doing the news and her name was Alison Stewart. I pretended I was Elvis and bashed the TV. Em...
biggrin.gif

You just CAN'T talk trash about Ali, though. It's impossible bc she and Bono are obviously happy together and-- *sob* I'm sorry I need a moment alone....

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"I'm allergic to violence! I break out in blood!"

Originally posted by madonna's child:
ali hewson rocks my socks.
smile.gif

*snorted a candy cane up her brain*

LMAO!!!!!!

She "rocks" Bono's *socks* on occasion, too, I believe.

WHO HAS THAT PEZ SMILEY?!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me." ~SmoothCriminal~

Originally posted by WildHonee:

shh! we don't talk about THAT.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

<---wants to rock Bono's socks....and other parts....

~Phona~
"Angel in Devil's shoes....."

LMAO Why'd I use the Edge icon?

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 12-23-2001).]

Thanks for ruining my Christmas
frown.gif
!! I live to pretend that the children were all adopted!!

Just kidding, of course I am happy that Bono is happy, but I am insanely jealous of that woman!!!! I can't help it!!!!

OK, OK, this started out so *wholesome*! Let's steer it back in that direction. Here is a photo of Bono, Ali, and the newborn John (what's his full name?), leaving the hospital in May. I think I posted this somewhere before, please forgive. Doesn't she look great? ...sigh... jealous....

alibonojohn.jpg

------------------
Gotta feel so guilty,
Got so much for so little...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
They're SO cuuuuute
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

Originally posted by alreadygone:
OK, OK, this started out so *wholesome*! Let's steer it back in that direction. Here is a photo of Bono, Ali, and the newborn John (what's his full name?), leaving the hospital in May. I think I posted this somewhere before, please forgive. Doesn't she look great? ...sigh... jealous....

alibonojohn.jpg

Awww!!!! They are all so happy together
smile.gif
I am of course eternally jealious of her but they do make each other happy
smile.gif
See I can be nice lol. Anyway Ali is proof that some people do suit being pregnant. She looks great and it was just after the birth. Amazing woman.

alibonojohn.jpg

newborns are so squishy, but cute. does anyone have that other picture taken at the same time, when bono is looking down at john? i love that one!
smile.gif

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

Originally posted by Ana:
All I know is that her name is Alison Stewart and got married to Bono on 1982 (
*sob* I was negative 2 years old. I didn't even have a chance. *cry*

But I still think it's great that they've been married nearly 20 years, have adorable children, and are just good people.

P.S. On VH1 one day there was some lady doing the news and her name was Alison Stewart. I pretended I was Elvis and bashed the TV. Em...
biggrin.gif

You just CAN'T talk trash about Ali, though. It's impossible bc she and Bono are obviously happy together and-- *sob* I'm sorry I need a moment alone....

you think being 2 is bad, i had to wait 3 years until i was EVEn born!
frown.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

lmao Mona's Mommy comes to PLEBA

MOM: Did I get mail?

MONA: No.

MOM: Do we know those people?

MONA: I WISH.

MOM: Who are they?

MONA: That's Bono.

MOM: The baby?

MONA: No, the GUY.

MOM: O....who's that woman?

MONA: His wife!

MOM:...Mrs. Bono?

MONA: LMAO

MOM: Look at him. How old is that man? He's dressed like your brother, but your father has better hair than that.

MONA: *rolls away to die*

LMAO I love my mother's opinions of U2. RICHARD GERE! OOH!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

Bono looks like such a proud and happy father. He is such a good man, and him and Ali are a very happy couple. Looking at this picture I am feeling very, very guilty for all the times that I wished that she didn't exist!!!!

Best Wishes for the Hewson Family!!!

Some things said by and about Ali...

Life's too serious to be taken seriously." - Ali

"At the end of the day, I don't really care what people think, just so long as I feel strong enough about myself." - Ali

"Bono always says that he feels like a bit of litter around the house, that I just want to tidy him away." - Ali

"Yeah, Bono's always talking about how he's half Catholic and half Protestant. Now we know which half is Catholic." - Ali, about her pregnancy, on The Late Late Show, 12.15.00

BP FALLON: WHO'S YOUR HEROINE?
Bono: Ali. She's so sane although she chooses to live with me.

"They are kinda hip kids. They are great. But, I have to say it is their mother that has to take the credit for this. I love Ali and I adore my kids and I want to be there for them. But, I probably don't have the ummm..the actual mental capacity. Ummmm...to look after them as well as their mother. She kinda runs the show around here and I am just you know kinda tidied up occasionally and thrown out to work. They have parties here when I go on tour." - Bono, in a radio interview

"After introducing these beautiful women to my wife they all lost interest in me!
They're her friends now." - Bono

BP: Do you believe in flying saucers?
BONO: In my kitchen they're an everyday thing.
BP: Have you ever seen one?
BONO: She's a good shot.
biggrin.gif

"Ali, my missus says "We are not 50,000 people...SHUT UP!" - Bono on Radio 1
biggrin.gif

"He's the perfect rock and roll baby. He sleeps blissfully all day and roars all night. Ali is a saint; I try to do my bit, but I don't have the right breasts." - Bono, about Elijah

"The best thing about Bono is Ali. She is calm and rational and able to see beyond individuals to policies." - Eamon Dunphy, U2 biographer, about Ali's influence on Bono's political development.

``It was my missus's Ali's birthday at the time which I'd actually forgotten about, so I thought I can write her a song as I didn't have time to get a gift. When it came to be released, Ali said 'I own that'.'' - Bono, about the song Sweetest Thing.

"After Live Aid, Bono and his wife Alison, spent 5 (unpublicised) weeks in Ethiopia, working as volunteers for World Vision on an educational relief project, where they attempted to educate people about health and hygiene through a series of songs and short plays." - From a U2 Interview CD/booklet by Mark Taylor.

"Somebody has just walked in and poured me a glass of wine...one of the most beautiful women I've ever met...she happens to be my wife....I'm a lucky man!" - You-know-who during an online chat on March 12, 2000.

"During the writing of "War", Bono suffered from writer's block and one of his abiding memories of making the album relates to how his wife, Ali, helped him through this traumatic period, especially in relation to "Sunday, Bloody Sunday". "She was literally kicking me out of bed in the morning, " Bono recalled. "She literally put the pen in my hand."" - From Into the Heart : The Stories Behind Every U2 Song by Niall Stokes.

Interviewer: "What does your wife call you, does she call you Bono or does she call you Paul?"
Bono: "She calls me 'Baby'."

Q. Do you believe in love at first sight?
A: Yeah, I fell in love with Ali the first time I saw her. Absolutely. And the last time.
- From an interview with Bono on 2CR FM, 18/11/00

"One day, a guy came to my house and said: 'I'm the angel of death.' My wife didn't let that confuse her. She said: 'How nice. Can you come back in, say, 40 years?' " . - Bono

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Some things said by and about Ali...

"Bono always says that he feels like a bit of litter around the house, that I just want to tidy him away." - Ali

"Yeah, Bono's always talking about how he's half Catholic and half Protestant. Now we know which half is Catholic." - Ali, about her pregnancy, on The Late Late Show, 12.15.00

BP: Do you believe in flying saucers?
BONO: In my kitchen they're an everyday thing.
BP: Have you ever seen one?
BONO: She's a good shot.
biggrin.gif

"Ali, my missus says "We are not 50,000 people...SHUT UP!" - Bono on Radio 1
biggrin.gif

Q. Do you believe in love at first sight?
A: Yeah, I fell in love with Ali the first time I saw her. Absolutely. And the last time. - From an interview with Bono on 2CR FM, 18/11/00
biggrin.gif
Aww, How Sweet!!

"One day, a guy came to my house and said: 'I'm the angel of death.' My wife didn't let that confuse her. She said: 'How nice. Can you come back in, say, 40 years?' " . - Bono

These are my favorite. thanks for posting the quotes. Ali is awesome. I would love to have a friend like her. She is strong, grounded woman. I love it!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 12-30-2001).]

alibonojohn.jpg

WHY CANT THE MEDIA LOOK AT THESE KIND OF PICTURES B4 PRINTIN ALL KINDS OF BULLSHIT,LIKE ENVOLVMENTS WITH ANDREA AND VARIOUS MODELS
frown.gif

this pic should be on my "do you belive bono" thread,cause ppl goin on about beyonce is driven me mad not that its because its her or whoever but just cause it could cause all sorts of trouble in the family.imagin if ali started to believe the rumours ,which shes too smart to do,but just incase.

------------------
"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

I just want to say one thing about Ali. When I was in high school many moons ago, she was the #1 villain in my life. You would not have BELIEVED the things I wrote about her in my stories!

Not only was she with the man I loved (back then he and Edge were on pretty equal footing), but this was also because I had an evil "cousin" that my parents made me play with who would bully me mercilessly, and her name was Alison "Ali" so the name got me started right away.

Since then, I have mellowed enormously, and now I have nothing but good things to say about her. I think she and Bono are truly an inspiration. In fact, as a fundraiser, I think my dream job would be if Bono and Ali (and U2 in fact) would set up a foundation for their charitable work, and put ME in charge of it! Now THAT would be awesome.

So I think Ali's great, but now I just have to get over my acute loathing of the Evil Morleigh....
wink.gif

Originally posted by novia:
WHY CANT THE MEDIA LOOK AT THESE KIND OF PICTURES B4 PRINTIN ALL KINDS OF BULLSHIT,LIKE ENVOLVMENTS WITH ANDREA AND VARIOUS MODELS
frown.gif

this pic should be on my "do you belive bono" thread,cause ppl goin on about beyonce is driven me mad not that its because its her or whoever but just cause it could cause all sorts of trouble in the family.imagin if ali started to believe the rumours ,which shes too smart to do,but just incase.

Novia, you know I like you and everything but girl, the word of the day is "syntax."

Anyway, you know what's really cool about Ali? She gets a LOT more respect from fans than most rock star wives do. Granted, a lot of rock star wives DESERVE to get lambasted, but often even the decent ones are subject to rabid, envious girls. A lot of talk of "I wish she would just die so I could have a chance at him." But you know what? No one has a bad word to say about Ali. It is the rarest of occasions when I read or hear something any less kind than what's been posted on this thread. And THAT is an accomplishment.

P.S. Mrs. Edge, why did you have to post that JUST before I did and discount everything I just said? Grrr. Ah well.
wink.gif

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

Hell hath no fury like the vast robot army of a woman scorned.

"Now you stop all this naked foolishness and go outside!
It's too nice a day to be stupid indoors!" - Ren Hoek

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 12-30-2001).]

Aaaah sorry about that Echo. I really am a jealous, jealous woman (it's my worst quality)!!!

Truthfully, I didn't have that much of a problem with Aislinn, it's just the bit about Morleigh literally stealing all my fantasies right out from under me: my fantasy of being a dancer and getting Edge (except that he was supposed to come to the ballet and fall for me there)....that really was a blow for me, especially because neither dream came true. At least Aislinn was there from the beginning, as was Ali.

I certainly don't wish her death or anything bad, (I hardly blame her!) it just bugs me that all, it's so unfair! And "the evil Morleigh" has a certain ring to it!
biggrin.gif

I comfort myself with knowing that if I were married to the Edge, I'm sure he'd do lots of stuff that would drive me crazy, and I do want him to be happy after all.

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 01-01-2002).]

biggrin.gif
Somewhere I read that when Bono introduced all these beautiful women to Ali, they lose interest in him and become her friends. I love that
biggrin.gif
lol

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself" ~GypsyHeartGirl~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Back
Top Bottom