In The Year 2000...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, it's not playing the video on Windows Media Player, and after I downloaded RealPlayer it wouldn't play on that either. :(

Maybe it's just this computer. I'll try downloading the show on my computer at school tomorrow.

Is anyone else having this trouble?

Thanks for that, I've been looking for that video.

Rosebud: You probably need to download some codec to be able to play that on your media player.

So I downloaded the show....then went to play it and it said something about a codec (I agree with Rosebud....what the hell is it?)...so I thought 'hey, I'll just go to the web site for my brand of computer and see what they have...', so I went to the site and downloaded some audio thingie...then went to install it (followed the instructions perfectly)...then I went to play it...still said the codec thingie.

Then I said to myself...'oh well, I'll just watch one of my Jericho DVD's'....no sound for that either.

Went into the program that lets me re-load stuff (first thing I figured out on this computer :) ) and re-loaded it.

Now I have sound but I still can't play the Conan thing.

Where the heck is Edge when I need him????

(keep in mind that I managed to somehow erase all my contacts from my email...and I still don't know how...)

Okay, this is so weird. I've downloaded the video onto a different computer, and tried it with all my video players, but I'm still getting the exact same response.

On Windows Media Player, it doesn't say I need a codec. Actually, down in the status bar, it says "acquiring codec" then "codec acquired". It plays the audio fine, but there doesn't to be any video. It doesn't even say it can't play it - it's just not showing up.

On RealPlayer, it says "some portions of this file cannot be played. Would you like to check for an update for this file?" When I do, it says, "Needs to download new software" and after it searches it says "There is no software avalaible from Real to support this content".

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Did the video play correctly for everyone else (except dianepm)?

I'm really sorry to be such a pain in the rear, but I've been trying to find this vid for so long. :sad:

This sounds like a job for Lies! Maybe if you post whats going on in the technical forum.....Lies will save you :yes: :bow: She's a legend in that department!

I downloaded it and it's playing fine of WMP for me.....weird, very weird.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom