In The Name Of The Father

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eberinu

The Fly
Bono: In The Name Of The Father

What do you guys think of 'In The Name Of The Father' soundtrack? I love Gavin & Bono's songs!
I'm not sure if I should buy the soundtrack, what do you think?

Last edited:
I like the song. The video is very strange. Has anyone else seen it?

It's a good soundtrack and a good movie. Bono only did a few songs, but there's other good songs on there that by recognized artists. Personally, I wouldn't buy it just for two songs that don't even include the whole band, but I burned a copy of someones.

Last edited:
It's an excelent movie! Gavin & Bono songs are good and I also like Sinead O'Connor song.
Has anyone heard 'Billy Boola'? It's a funny song, I love Bono's voice there :wink:

I haven't but the song from In the name of the father
wooohhooooooooooooooo it is really heartbreaking
It soooooo cool I like reaaly much :heart: bono's voice :drool:
Happy that you bring it up again Eberinu

I rented In The Name Of The Father from the library but got cold feet and returned it. I decided I'd read about it before I saw it and decided I'd probably have nightmares or something:ohmy:
Yes, I know I'm a scaredy-cat :p

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER is one of my favourite movies ever! I have the video, the soundtrack and the book! Moi? A freak? Nah :shifty: :D

No, seriously, I love the story and always read it one more time when I have some spare time.

Another movie that I really enoyed is "The Boxer", featuring Daniel Day-Lewis and Emily Watson. Gavin and Maurice compose the soundtrack and it is absolutely brilliant!

I LOVE In The Name Of The Father! I want to buy the video! I already have the soundtrack. :D
Oh!! Niamh! Tell me your opinion about the book! I'm not sure if I should buy it. Gosh, I looove Daniel Day-Lewis :drool: :drool: and I also love all the music composed by Bono and Gavin! :drool:

I still haven't seen 'The Boxer' because I haven't found it yet... Blockbuster SUCKS! :mad:

Last edited:
The film will always be controversial....as u know.

The soundtrack is excellent thou, unfort I played the very first song one time around crazy season here and it was spooky having it playing while driving throu crowds really firing bricks at the police.

:eek:

Eberinu said:
Oh!! Niamh! Tell me your opinion about the book! I'm not sure if I should buy it.

I think you should definately buy it.

In a way I like it more than the movie itself. I mean, the movie is really well done and I really like it, but you get a whole different feeling when you read the book.

It gives loads of details and it's like being there when the action takes place.

So now stop farting around and go get a copy! ;)

Last edited:
mad1 said:
The film will always be controversial....as u know.

The soundtrack is excellent thou, unfort I played the very first song one time around crazy season here and it was spooky having it playing while driving throu crowds really firing bricks at the police.

:eek:

Holy shite...:ohmy: :shocked:

:heart: Daniel Day-Lewis! :drool:

I also haven't read the book. But this is on account of not being able to find the book here at any local bookstores for the past few weeks. I think I'll check out the public libraries, I could at least borrow it.

:drool: :heart: Daniel Day-Lewis :heart: :drool:

1212.jpg

I haven't found the book yet :no: :sad:

For school we had to do a novl-to-film project, and on this gigantic list the teacher gave us was In the Name of the Father. I chose it because no one else had heard of it, and I remember that Bono did some music for it. Part of the project was that we had to write a paper on a certain aspect of the film so I chose...music.

I love it when U2 and schoolwork come together!

mad1 said:

Oh gawd, all this talk of troubles and silly-season (as they nickname it) is coming up.....

Im really not looking forward to it...:(

I was in Kilkeel last week and I saw a couple of churches with their windows and doors blocked in anticipation of the parades and the following "celebrations"...How Sad...:shame:

Niamh!!!!!!!! I've got the book! I already bought it!! And I saw the film again yesterday :yes: Oh! and I bought the soundtrack!!!!

Do I sound excited? :ohmy: Sorry, it's just that I thought I'd never find the book!

I love the video for In The Name Of the Father! Bono looks so kissable :drool: you just wanna bite him or something :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom