In the maze of her imagination - pt 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetie

Refugee
MA - the land of every weather pattern imaginable
Hi everyone- I decided to post a story that I had written a while ago for a friend. There are only certain people I would share it with..of course PLEBA is perfect :wink:

In my opinion, it would be difficult to become a part of Bono's world without some very imaginative changes to the world as we know it. LOL. So here is my take on how it could happen. Bono, of course, is single.

Disclaimer- as if I need to say this! Absolute fiction!!!
I hope you enjoy it :)

It was 8:41 pm. The concert was about to start!! Gioia took a deep breath to calm her. Instead she felt her heart race. It was the same emotion each time. One would think that she had never seen them in action before. That she hadn’t been a fan for over 20 years. That she hadn’t experienced their concert dozens of times.

8:43 pm. This time was different!! She was close to the stage. Squashed against the security railing in fact. She had back stage passes! She was in freaking Rio! She decided to check her look one last time. She flipped open her compact and examined her face critically. She wrinkled her nose at her reflection.

What would he think of me? She wondered. Hi Bono, I’m your greatest fan. Blech! She made a face of disgust and snapped her compact shut. No charm! Maybe she’ll just smile. Like a simpleton.

She clenched her fists as she stared up at the stage. She began hopping in place as her nerves started to get the better of her. Pull it together, Gioia!! She tried telling herself. He’s just a man.

Just then the lights dimmed, the music started, the crowd roared and out bounded the man who had been the object of her deepest desires for what seemed like an eternity. Bono! Just a man?

He was in his trademark black. Black pants molded themselves to his masculine form. His black button down shirt was opened at the throat to expose several inches of his chest. Solid black boots completed the look. But it was his face that held Gioia’s heart captive. His perfectly chiseled features were so familiar to her. He had been on magazine covers, television specials, and news programs. His sensual lips formed the words to the songs that seemed to have been written especially for her. Although his eyes were hidden behind tinted glasses, she knew them to be blue, as blue as the ocean. Behind his eyes was the mind of a man who was as devoted to his fans as he was to his causes. This was the man who had haunted her dreams for years. She had to consciously remember to breathe. He was so close – so close.

She didn’t realize that she was singing and dancing and cheering along with the rest of U2’s devoted fans. She slipped into her usual U2 induced trance. At one point during the night she felt as if he was singing only to her. She actually blocked out the people around her and enjoyed a private concert, performed just for her. She felt his voice wash over her as he sang. His deep sultry voice was making her shiver and she had to close her eyes for an instant.

Suddenly she could hear the roar of the crowd through her reverie. She opened her eyes to find Bono on stage directly in front of her! She gasped. He kneeled down on one knee and leaned forward into the crowd. Instantly his fans attached themselves to him like barnacle. He was still singing. Gioia was awestruck. He was looking at her intently as he continued his song. She couldn’t take her eyes off of him. She couldn’t help herself and she mouthed, “I love you” to him. Horrified, Goia winced! How stupid! How lame! But before she could continue her self-deprecating abuse, Bono winked at her and moved away from her area to make his way down toward the another end of the stage.

How in the world was she going to make it through the back stage meet and greet without making an utter fool of herself?
After more than two hours of an electrifying performance, Gioia started to get ready to meet the band backstage. She wasn’t sure where she was supposed to be or who she was supposed to talk with. She looked down at her passes and wondered again if they were fake. She had won the passes off of a local contest back home and now was concerned if she was making a fool out of herself. She had gone out of her way to buy a ticket to this concert for the sole purpose of meeting the band---oh ok, to meet Bono ---after the show. She remembered being annoyed that she had to come all this way by herself. She had told her friend a dozen times to get her passport renewed but to no avail. So when this came up at the last minute, Gioia had no choice but to go alone.

The venue was starting to empty out and Gioia still wasn’t sure where she was supposed to be. She started walking toward the back of the stage where she saw people bustling about. She got in close and saw that a few fans were there but were obviously being turned away. She felt the burn of tears and lowered her eyes to her passes. She put them away in her pocket. She felt the keen sting of disappointment. The crowd around her had disappeared and she was now alone.

Chocolate! She knew she had some chocolate in her bag for emergencies. Severe disappointment warranted a big bite of a Snickers bar.

She had pulled a handful of paraphernalia out of her backpack in her frenzied search of candy, including a pad of paper and pen when suddenly a member of security noticed her and came up in her face, almost hostile.

“Do you have a pass?”

Gioia was startled. “Y—Yes, I do”, she shoved everything back into her bag quickly dug into her pocket to look for her pass. The security guard grabbed her by the arm.

“There’s no time, come with me”. He pulled her along through the open doors, which closed immediately after. He handed her off to another guard and before Gioia could get angry at the way she was being treated, the man started to frisk her. That got her attention right away.

“Excuse me!” She was totally taken aback by his handling of her but he was entirely too preoccupied with patting her backside and running his hands up her inner legs to pay any attention to her. He did chuckle at the look she gave him before waving her into the next room.

There were a lot of people around but no sign of the band. She wasn’t sure what she should do or if she should approach someone. She scanned the crowd for a friendly face.

“Where are you supposed to be?” A voice in a heavy accent said from behind her.

She whirled around and looked into the face of another one of the security guards. She looked at his nametag. Ted? It didn’t fit. She looked at his heavy features, dark eyes and beard. He certainly didn’t look like a Ted. Maybe a Manuel or a Jorge. Not a Ted.

“I’m here to meet with the band. I have a pass”.

He frowned at her. “How did you get back here? No visitors tonight!” He barked.

Gioia was about to answer when the frisking guard came up behind her and put his hands on her shoulders. “Ah come on Boss, she can come along. Si?”

Gioia ’s eyes widened and she was about to comment when a screeching whistle pierced the air and the room came alive. Everyone was running every which way. With an angry groan and a curse, the security guard hoisted Gioia up and over his shoulder! She screamed and found herself with a dirty rag across her mouth and tied behind her head. Her hands were tied behind her as well.

“Idiot!” She recognized “Ted’s” voice. “You were told to let only the reporter in! Not a civilian! Now there’s nothing we can do but take her with us.”

The frisker chuckled. “That was my intention all along.”

Gioia’s stomach lurched. She was being kidnapped! This was crazy! How was this at all possible?

She felt herself being carried across the room and out a back entrance. She felt the humidity on her bare arms. Since her butt was facing forward she couldn’t see a thing. It was such a horrible feeling not knowing where she was being taken or which direction they were going in.

She heard the grinding scraping sound of what sounded like a garage door being opened. Her abductor turned around and she could see. A truck! Not a garage door but the tailgate of a truck. It was an eighteen-wheeler! The kind she always avoided on the highway because they seemed like monsters bearing down on her tiny sedan. She felt short-lived satisfaction having figured that out. A few seconds later, she was dumped onto the floor of the trailer. Before she could react, she heard the tailgate being lowered back into place and the darkness enveloped her. In a moment the truck lurched forward and in full speed, drove away from the concert venue.

She sat there stunned for a moment. Tears burned her eyes and the rope used to tie her hands behind her back, stung her wrists. Why was this happening?

She heard a scuffling sound. She caught the gasp that was about to rise in her throat and tried to shimmy away from the sound. She backed herself right up to the cold metal wall of the truck. Could it be a rat? Or were those human footsteps.

She suddenly felt a hand on her upper arm and jumped in fright. She immediately thought it was the security guard and remembered his last words that implied that he was going to have a bit of fun with her. Instead of hearing his lewd cackle she heard a soothing “Shhhhh”.

Gioia hadn’t realized that she was panting in fear. She tried to control her panic. She peered in the darkness, eyes adjusting slowly, trying to discern who her companion was. Her eyes widened as she recognized his silhouette.

“Are you alright?” Came the throaty Irish voice. He pulled the gag off of her. “I’m going to untie you.” He said softly.

Gioia couldn’t believe her ears. And in a few moments when he had flicked his lighter to illuminate the area, she could not believe her eyes. It was Bono.

She was completely mute as he crouched down and reached around her to untie her hands. Her heart was slamming against her chest. While trying to untie her, his face came up close to hers and his hair brushed her cheek. Too late she realized that she should’ve turned around to give him easier access to her hands. He was done before she even finished her thought. He held her hands in front of her and rubbed her wrists to bring circulation back into her hands.

Gioia looked at him questioningly, still unable to speak. Bono’s hands were on her wrists! She could not trust her voice. Oh God! He was so close to her, barely a breath away. With his trademark glasses missing, she could see his eyes. Blue –blue – blue! Her best friend always spoke about wishing for a chance to see his eyes up close. Gioia smiled. They were indescribable.

Bono smiled shyly back at her. He stood up and walked over to the lighter which he had left on the floor. He brought it over to where she sat dumbfounded. He sat down next to her with his back up against the side of the truck. He closed his eyes, leaned his head against the wall and sighed loudly. After a few more moments of silence, he turned his head, looked her over, and met her eyes.

“What’s your name beautiful?”

ohhh very interesting. you write beautifuly, i love all the description, makes me feel like iu'm really there!

I just finished reading this gem of a story.
It deserves to be dusted off and read by ...EVERYONE
:drool:

What an incredible mix of fairytale and "real life" fiction. I could go on and on, it has a mix of humor, sadness, sensuality, mystery, downright HOTNESS, and more.

Sweetie, if you read this -do you still have the other version???
Definitely want it !!! ( Even though the posted one isn't too shabby)- you really had me going -waterfall chapter, :drool: and more. Great ending, too.
:bow: :applaud:

I still have the unedited version Sweetie sent me--goodness that's been over two years ago. I loved this story. :drool:

:hug: Gosh you guys are so sweet! I'm soooooo glad you like it. I had one of the best times of my life writing it.

I haven't been able to spend a lot of time writing. I had a baby and just bought a house - all my imagination went right out the window- along with my good night's sleep LOL!

BLM whats your email address, I'll try to hunt down the other :drool: version and send it to you.

sweetie said:
:hug: Gosh you guys are so sweet! I'm soooooo glad you like it. I had one of the best times of my life writing it.

I haven't been able to spend a lot of time writing. I had a baby and just bought a house - all my imagination went right out the window- along with my good night's sleep LOL!

BLM whats your email address, I'll try to hunt down the other :drool: version and send it to you.

Congratulations!!!!
Being sleep deprived is sooo hard. I used to fall asleep on my dinner plate at the table!!!
JUST NAP WHEN YOU CAN - it does a world of good.

Don't spend your time trying to satisfy my lust for Bono!!!
You have plenty to do, sweetie!!!

(I'll post my email, maybe Bono's Doll can send it, or I will reread your posted chapters!!) they were pretty steamy and :drool:

j.malsich@verizon.net

Hope you get back to interference again some time soon!!!:wink:

blm sorry I had to delete from my computer a couple months ago cause our office manager was doing a "computer clean up" & well
I didn't want it to be discovered. I did print a hard copy & took home. If I can remember I will see if I can find & scan to you. Sorry, it's very sweet & romantic.

Hi sweetie :wave:
I've started your story and liked it :yes:
it intrigues me as the topic is unsual so I'll go on for sure, besides it's well written, good work! :up:

...only...take me off a curiosity (if you don't mean): where/why did you take cue for giving her such an italian name as gioia? which is also so sweet, btw.

...and congrats on your baby & new house too! :applaud:

onekea said:
Hi sweetie :wave:
I've started your story and liked it :yes:
it intrigues me as the topic is unsual so I'll go on for sure, besides it's well written, good work! :up:

...only...take me off a curiosity (if you don't mean): where/why did you take cue for giving her such an italian name as gioia? which is also so sweet, btw.

...and congrats on your baby & new house too! :applaud:

I'm glad you like it!

I'm Sicilian :D Born in the US but my parents are from Sicily. My nonna used to always call me "gioia mia". :love:

sweetie said:
Bono Mot & philly80

Its on its way

:wave:

Thank you!!!

:kiss:

And thank you, blm, for thinking about sending it...understand it had to be kept from prying eyes. :shifty:

blm said:
onekea, how are you doing with this story??

oh...my mind is still on the image of bono touching and kissing her under the waterfall...:drool:...better than any sex scene seen on movies... :heart:...and to tell you the truth I was very very disappointed when they were carried away just as their relationship was getting deeper...:grumpy: ...but apart of this I like this story a lot :yes:

onekea said:

oh...my mind is still on the image of bono touching and kissing her under the waterfall...:drool:...better than any sex scene seen on movies... :heart:...and to tell you the truth I was very very disappointed when they were carried away just as their relationship was getting deeper...:grumpy: ...but apart of this I like this story a lot :yes:

I know!!!!
...turning her around and shampooing her hair.
:yes: :censored: :combust:

Must reread this story - SOON.

blm said:
I know!!!!
...turning her around and shampooing her hair.

Must reread this story - SOON.

I've just read the chapter where they made love for the first time...:heart: :combust: :cute: :drool: I want to be there!! (not that I mean to do something to three... :uhoh: ) :scream:

sweetie has really a good way for writing this.:yes:

but...what's about the part you wanted her to send to you? I don't think I have understood what you were talking about.

and blm, check your post. you need me?:sexywink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom