I'm watching the DVD right now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OOOOOOOOOOOMG

I didn't get to see the whole thing yet. When I got home from school my brother was making it into a CD and I got to see some of it. So of what I saw:

1. Bullet was sssssooooooo good

2. WOWY -- I almost CRIED. It was SO adorable Bono liked so shy lying next to that girl, and when he looked at her?! *faint* And then he kissed her cheek and her hand and it was sssssooooo cuuuuuute!!

3. The Fly -- HE BIT THAT GIRL'S ARM!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! *DROOL*!!!!!!!!!!! At the end when he smacked himself against the screen, I laughed! silly goose
smile.gif

4. Wake up dead man / Walk On -- Bono played his gee-tar
biggrin.gif

5. Streets -- always goooood
smile.gif
ALWAYS

P.S. HE BIT THAT GIRL'S ARM!!!!!!!

P.P.S. Niiiiice footage of leather pants
biggrin.gif
...... and Larry's man cleavage.....not that I was looking...

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

You want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head

The DVD is so cool!!!!! I've only watched some of the extras so far, but I'll slowly making my way through.

I was slightly confused, though, because on the extra features screen when you click on "Beautiful Day from Toronto 2001" you instead get them on the roof of the Clarence. At least you do on my DVD... I wonder how that got screwed up?

Damn. I was at Best Buy today and I actually walked around the store with the DVD in my hand. Even though I dont have a DVD player. Blarg. Then I went to look at the players and almost bought the cheapest one they had just so I could watch it. *sigh.

But I didnt.. maybe I will. I left with the new live Radiohead CD instead.
frown.gif
I had to leave with something I was so depressed.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

It is 2:13 AM and I just finished the watching the DVD...Wow, that was awesome...I cannot wait to go to the concert next Friday...
smile.gif

All of the guys were hot...Larry licking his lips, major close up of his man clevage...Adam and his smile, Edge and his tantrum (for some reason I thought that was pretty hot, maybe b.c. I have never seen him show any agression) and his eyes..Bono singing to that girl during WOWY while lying down...OMG, I just melted when he rolled over on his side and looked at her and sang...I think I would have started to cry (I have to admit I did tear up a little) or really passed out if I were her (lucky girl!)...For those who have not seen it yet, you are in for a great concert DVD...For those who have seen it, did you notice during the beginning of IWF(i think it was IWF, cannot remember off hand what song) that someone throw something on stage at Bono and nearly hit him? Bono got pissed off and it looked like he flicked the person off with a V! LOL...The behind the scenes footage was great...and the goodies that come along with the DVD are pretty cool as well...I did not get a chance to look at it all, because well it is 2:00 in the morning and i have to go to bed, I'll watch the rest over the holidays...I think this DVD alone is worth spending the money to get a DVD player to watch this concert...anyway, that is my review...I am off to bed...GoodNight!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-20-2001).]

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
I think we need an "Elevation Cam" so that the PLEBA girls can ... well, keep up strictly scientific examination of the phenomenon of Bono's elevation.

Originally posted by browneyedgirl:
BTW....Bono cam....we need details !!!!

I've been watching it in a 'hurried' way I guess-but there is a director's cam that shows what it's like from the control room, and an audience cam that shows the view from the audience. Bono-cam? I know he was wearing a little camera one night in Boston-they were showing the picture from it up on the screens.

But I think it malfunctioned-so maybe that's why it's not in the DVD-I did see one part that looked like it was from his viewpoint-walking down the heart and showing people in the crowd. Oh well-I'll just have to watch it several more times today
smile.gif

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
I always said I didn't need a DVD player, but...

**HG makes shopping list.
#1--Buy Elevation DVD
#2--Buy DVD player**

Will I still be able to buy the DVD in a few weeks? My birthday, anniversary, and Christmas are all coming up and I hate to go out and buy something that someone may have already bought for me (if that makes any sense)...

*sniff sniff* I need a DVD player too. I am technologically challenged.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

OMG GIrls i JUSTTT got in from Vegas, i've been up for 24 hours straight now and i'm dying here but OMGGGGG all the best buys around here are sold out!!! I NEED to see this DVD!!! I need to see Until and find out if it shows B in the crowd w/ a certain, um, Olive!!
biggrin.gif
bahhh

gonna go shower now lol, no seriously- travelling sux!!

omg cant waittt to see this dvd!!!! barghh

------------------
And everyone needs the music 'cause everyone needs relief.

* U2 Take Me Higher *

Hey I just found out yesterday that at my store they're goign to be selling DVD players for $70!!!! I'm like going to wake up at 6am when the store opens so I can be one of the first to buy them..cos they're only going to have 150 of them *gah* I must buy the DVD player! and then buy Elevation DVD, must see Larry lick lips and man cleavage
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
I must buy the DVD player! and then buy Elevation DVD, must see Larry lick lips and man cleavage
biggrin.gif

LOL!!! Oh you will not be disappointed at all...there are a couple of nice close ups of Larry's man cleavage and I am not kidding when I say close ups. It looks like his shirt was just going to open up completely...I guess he was melting his shirt off after those buttons popped off!!...oh it is so HOT!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I had a good laugh at this ... it's part of a guy's review of the DVD:

"With Or Without You- How sweet is Bono to do a little performance piece and act out most women's fantasy? It's not everyday you can lie on your back next to him and look at the stars and then he leans over you and serenades. I'm very heterosexual, but I think I'd let him sing to me like that. What a guy!"

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Originally posted by WildHonee:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS MELTING when I saw that part!!!!

Bono laid that girl down and he looked so SHY laying next to her. He seemed so nervous! Then he was holding her and she was all 'what to do with my hands...' and then when he was on his side looking at her I WANTED TO DIE!!!!!!!!! OMG I'm so in love with him
smile.gif
It was SO sweeet. *sigh* and then he kissed her cheek and her hand *melts*

anyway...
smile.gif

I am totally drowning in a pool of drool here. BLARG! I don't have a DVD player ... I have to wait for thge VHS version (either that or spend my christmas shopping money on a DVD player).

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

--Bono

--Bono

--Bono

WOWOY has to be my favorite scene...it is awesome and how great must that have been to be lying next to Bono while singing this song....OMG it is a great scene...I was watching the view from the directors point and they even loved that part...they thought is was "fucking great" how emotional this girl was...
smile.gif

OMG THIS VIDEO IS AWESOME!!!!
biggrin.gif

Moonie bought this last night (then we found out her boyfriend had bought her one as a gift as well, awwwww....so sweet!) So we watched the first DVD, and it was so great, almost like being there all over again!!!

LOVED the "Bonocam" and when Edge smashed and kicked his guitar--WOO HOO!--talk about a total TURN ON!!! (i don't advocate violence, but on Edge it looked SOOO goooood...probably because it's so unusual)

How are all the extra bits, has anyone watched those yet??

Disco

Originally posted by Discoteque:
OMG THIS VIDEO IS AWESOME!!!!
biggrin.gif

when Edge smashed and kicked his guitar--WOO HOO!--talk about a total TURN ON!!! (i don't advocate violence, but on Edge it looked SOOO goooood...probably because it's so unusual)

Disco

...I am glad I am not the only one who thought that Edge kicking his guitar and getting mad at Larry was a turn on...
smile.gif
I am not an advocate for violance either, but Edge's actions were so different and unexpected that it was surprisingly sexy...

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
Edge's actions were so different and unexpected that it was surprisingly sexy...

I saw it in person, and, I confess-I thought it was HOT. *fans herself*

Boy, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

*waits for Edge's next hot, sexy temper tantrum*
eek.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I saw it in person, and, I confess-I thought it was HOT. *fans herself*

Boy, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

*waits for Edge's next hot, sexy temper tantrum*
eek.gif

LOL!!! Do you think that there is something wrong with us for finding that sexy?
wink.gif
So where were your tickets during the concert? Did you have GA's in the Heart? If so, were you able to locate yourself or any friends on the DVD? I really wish I was able to grab some GA's...It looked like so much fun and religious experience to be inside the heart or around the outside of it...

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-21-2001).]

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
LOL!!! Do you think that there is something wrong with us for finding that sexy?
wink.gif
So where your tickets during the concert? Did you have GA's in the Heart? If so, were you able to locate yourself or any friends on the DVD?

No-I see nothing wrong w/ finding that sexy-but maybe I should
confused.gif

He did that the first night-and they must have just cut it in. That night, I had GC a few rows up on Adam's side-but still had a great view of hot, angry Edge
wink.gif
I could see pieces of the guitar flying in the air! He had an angry look on his face for about 1/2 hour afterwards.

The 2nd night-the show on the DVD-I was in the heart-at the tip-I didn't see myself or anyone I recognized.

Oh gosh...the great Elevation DVD, there is a whole story about it...tehe...I had it pre-ordered at amazon.com for about a month, then found out you can get it early at bestbuy.com, so I cancelled that order at amazon.com, ordered it at bestbuy, a night before it came out, I got an email saying it was backordered...then got mad cause I couldn't get it...so today I went to best buy...couldnt find the darn thing so I asked this dumb lady who took me to where I looked already and said that they must have sold out...so then unhappy me had thought DARN I will have to wait until the one I ordered online ships in 5-7 days, so then I was wandering around looking for my niece, and I saw a whole display of it...dumb girl..she didn't know anything...to make a long story even longer, I came home, checked my email, and the darn thing was shipped today...oh well...now I have two...tehe...but it's good, cause I love it! What a way to stay away from my family for thanksgiving (I showed my niece "With Or Without You" and she freaked out because Bono was sooo cute! tehe...)

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
No-I see nothing wrong w/ finding that sexy-but maybe I should
confused.gif

He did that the first night-and they must have just cut it in. That night, I had GC a few rows up on Adam's side-but still had a great view of hot, angry Edge
wink.gif
I could see pieces of the guitar flying in the air! He had an angry look on his face for about 1/2 hour afterwards.

The 2nd night-the show on the DVD-I was in the heart-at the tip-I didn't see myself or anyone I recognized.

damn, he really busted up the guitar? Did the song sound like crap live? Because on the DVD I thought it sounded great...too bad you were unable to locate yourself on the DVD...that would be pretty cool if you were able to find yourself on it...My younger brother made it on the taping of the Garth Brooks live at Central Park like 5 or 6 times...it is funny, my family and i have a good laugh at him every time we watch that show, because my brother is having such a great time and the camera kept getting close ups of him...LOL!!! Oh well, sorry for the rambling off there...
smile.gif

Yea it ROCKS !!!!!

I've been glued to my t.v. after I got home from work watching this awesome DVD !!!!
I convinced my Mother that she should give me the DVD player early.....
biggrin.gif

I wanted to see all the neat stuff so I've not actually had time to take it ALL in...
wink.gif

It is AMAZING though...great close up shots of all the boys....just what I've been missing by not getting G.A.s...
biggrin.gif

------------------
I believe the most enlightened lyric I heard on the radio this winter also came from U2,one I would wish upon anyone who wrestles with various funks,depression and blues-to-be "you're on the road but you've got no destination/you're in the mud,in the maze of her imagination/you love this town/even if it dose'nt ring true/you've been all over and it's been all over you/It's a Beautiful day/Don't let it get away..."

I do not believe in nitpicking when it comes to the matters of the heart,which is what the U2 stage is shaped like on the tour.I believe that people who pay almost $100 to stand in a basketball arena with 20,000 other flawed,uninspired souls who have been yearning to sing along to a verse such as "What you don't have you don't need it now/What you don't know you can feel it somehow" are getting a bargain........

Jim Walsh
Pop Music critic
April 27 2001

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
I had a good laugh at this ... it's part of a guy's review of the DVD:

"With Or Without You- How sweet is Bono to do a little performance piece and act out most women's fantasy? It's not everyday you can lie on your back next to him and look at the stars and then he leans over you and serenades. I'm very heterosexual, but I think I'd let him sing to me like that. What a guy!"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS MELTING when I saw that part!!!!

Bono laid that girl down and he looked so SHY laying next to her. He seemed so nervous! Then he was holding her and she was all 'what to do with my hands...' and then when he was on his side looking at her I WANTED TO DIE!!!!!!!!! OMG I'm so in love with him
smile.gif
It was SO sweeet. *sigh* and then he kissed her cheek and her hand *melts*

anyway...
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

You want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head

O.K. Thats it !!!
You girls have drove me to it !!!
wink.gif

I'm stopping at Best Buy on my way home from work and getting the DVD !!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Why in the hell did I even think I could wait ?!
LOL....I'm the most impatient person I know ....and reading every post about the thing on here is not helping one bit !!!
wink.gif

I guess Mom is going to have to give me the DVD player a little earlier than she thought.........
wink.gif

Anyway I deserve it....I'm being "responsible" with my money and not going to the St. Louis show .......

BLARG!!!!(as some of you girls say around here
wink.gif
)

I just read an e-mail from a u2tour.com about this man wife response to the WOWY scene...I thought it was pretty funny and thought it was worth pasting it on here:

When my wife saw what bono did with the girl during WOWY, she said
she could never watch that song again. It absolutely killed her.
For all of those girls out there whose lifetime goal is to dance with
bono on stage, this pretty much shatters that dream and you'll have
to come up with something else. That girl couldn't even stand after
bono laid that soft kiss right on her lips after just laying there
singing to her face. It's too bad he could barely hit the notes at
that part.
Other than that, my wife really liked the dvd.
Enjoy!

I've watched it like a million and one times now
biggrin.gif
I walk on the treadmill everyday and of course I watch it every time I get on there...LOVE IT!!

OK....How adorable is Edge's little tantrum? Poor Edgie had issues with his guitar!

And I notice that Adam never seems to break a sweat...too cool Adam...the ice man.

And I wonder what Larry thinks about up there at the drums..."Mmmm...did I leave the oven on? Man, that was one good frozen pizza...I wonder if the store will be open after the show." "Sweet Jesus...what's Bono on about now..."

Anyway...I LOVE the additional tracks too, Esp. BD in Toronto ala WTSHNN...sweet!!

Back
Top Bottom