I'm too old for this kinda thing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
I've always been a U2 fan because I grew up around it....but my lord I went to my first concert 4 years ago and I have the most insane crush on Bono. I don't understand because I've never ever been that type but seriously this is me --->:drool:
I'm losing my mind aren't I? The man is just way too sexy for words. Can I get an amen?!

too old to be jonesin for the bono? pssht. no way! im too young and nobody says anything about that. :D im 18 and hes been my mad since i was in 6th grade. ive never been to a concert and im already too crushed over him. just ask my boyfriend

Lol, I just don't know what it is...the man just has this presence that sucks you in, throws you in a whirlwind, and spits you back out just by something as simple as brushing hair out of his face! He looked at me (or at least in my direction) during the concert and I've been head over heels ever since....that's supposed to happen with my future husband, not the god that is Bono! Lol, U2BonoGirl....so you're boy is cool with your obsession? I was beggining to wonder if the reason I haven't had a boy in awhile is because of the shrine that is my room :hmm: Nah! Lol.

Never too old--me & Bono close to the same age--my husband has just learned to deal with my obsession (which has kept growing thru the years) sometimes he benefits from it. :ohmy:

I'll simply second what has already been said: NEVER TOO OLD! :laugh:

I've been in your situation, starsgoblue, for many years, and I haven't grown tired of it yet!
:yes:

BONO IS SIMPLY THE BEST. :bono: :heart: ;) :hug:

If you went to your first concert at only 4 you couldn't possibly be 'old' even if it was a Boy show!

Oh, trust me, there's no such a thing as being too old for this. In fact, I joined Interference a little over two years ago after being knocked out by pix of Bono in PLEBA. I had never seen pix like this before! I still have to have my sexy Bono pix fix. It's addicting! So, welcome to PLEBA, you're going to have a blast! :drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Haha, thanks gals! I just can't help it....the way this man looks at life and the way he values it--he sees wonderful and beautiful things, often where there isn't much. He's challenged me...I know that might sound strange since I never met him but his lyrics and his activism has pushed me beyond my moral convictions about the way the world show be and has motivated me to actually try to 'do the stuff'. Anyone that can do that is worthy of my incessant adoration :wink:

I've been a fan since 1983, when I saw "Red Rocks" on MTV. The guy is so charismatic! I couldn't take my mind off of him, and I was hooked. I think he's challenged me, too, with his activism, I've tried to figure out ways I can help make the world a better place.

That's fantastic Verte! I know just what you mean about his being charismatic....he has such an air of spiritual authority that it just commands my attention. And yet he is so humble and grateful for his blessings. A-maz-ing. :applaud:

starsgoblue said:
I've always been a U2 fan because I grew up around it....but my lord I went to my first concert 4 years ago and I have the most insane crush on Bono. I don't understand because I've never ever been that type but seriously this is me --->:drool:
I'm losing my mind aren't I? The man is just way too sexy for words. Can I get an amen?!

Amen! :applaud:

:yes: You know SGB - I sometimes feel the same way! Although I'm frequently catching myself saying "I'm too old for this" for just about anything! My husband reassures me that I'm not too old at all... ANYWAY, to join in on your obsession with Bono, I just had to pop in here to catch my fix for the night, I'm supposed to be studying!!!!! I'm like a junkie :drool:
I remember watching Bono's speech he made to the Harvard grads -- and just being totally floored by what he was saying and asking myself what I could do to make this world a better place. So I completely understand how you feel about Bono motivating you and challenging you. He's so freakin' hot and sexy and INTELLIGENT!
p.s. You are so lucky to have seen them live and have Bono look in your direction; I would have not been able to come down off my cloud!!
sorry for rambling.......................
have a good night girls.

I'mStillWaiting said:

I remember watching Bono's speech he made to the Harvard grads -- and just being totally floored by what he was saying and asking myself what I could do to make this world a better place. So I completely understand how you feel about Bono motivating you and challenging you. He's so freakin' hot and sexy and INTELLIGENT!
p.s. You are so lucky to have seen them live and have Bono look in your direction; I would have not been able to come down off my cloud!!

Haha, I know exactly what you mean because that was four years ago and i'm still on that cloud! And I think that is wonderful that he has motivated you to reach beyond yourself...I think if he knew the influence that he had on you he'd be pleased. And I mean sincere influence to do something based on his words...I'm postive he has heard someone gush "You are soooo inspiring" a bizllion times who really haven't gone out and gotten thier hands dirty like he has. Thumbs up for you! Now if I could just finagle a way to talk to the man....lol of course I'd settle to be 'the girl that everyone else hates' and get sung to at a concert. ;)

Amen!

aah, it's been going on :drool: around 20yrs for me {and a U2 fan in general 23 yrs} somewhen around 84- 87.

I was strongly intrigued by 2 things Bono said in one of the earliest USA music magazine interviews {81} with u2-- particularly about performing. SO his thinking caught my attention, and the music grabbed me right then, too. By 83 some of the lyrics coming out of War were also impressing me.

But since I'm several yrs older :uhoh: than him/them he was "too young" looking for me in those first yrs 80-83. But somewhen around the yrs mentioned above he grew up enuff to suddenly look absolutely gorgeous to me. {sometimes a few yrs difference can make a difference}

Among a whole bunch of other deep/fun/creative/serious interests & activites... this passion :drool: helps to keep me young :D. [same about my other B-man....Bruce}

Last edited:
U2BonoGirl....so you're boy is cool with your obsession? I was beggining to wonder if the reason I haven't had a boy in awhile is because of the shrine that is my room Nah! Lol.
oh yes, he deals well with the fact. but he went into the relationship knowing all about it. just the other day in the bank we were bored and waiting for a lady to help us. we were making fake names for ourselves and he was juan, so he asks me who i want to be....welll
i wanna be mrs. bono hewson!
everybody looked at me funny and he just laughed and said what was he to expect, he cant compete with bono the sexiest man alive.

so that being said, i think you just need a man who is confident enough to know that even though you might have this thing for a guy who has something magic about him that hes married and your heart in real life belongs to your man.
plus youre never too old OR too young to crush on a guy who has so many reasons to be sexy that dont have anything to do with his looks. just watch him walk or *cough* dance...lol, or just talk to somebody and watch how theyre sucked in.

dazzledbylight said:
Amen!

But since I'm several yrs older :uhoh: than him/them he was "too young" looking for me in those first yrs 80-83. But somewhen around the yrs mentioned above he grew up enuff to suddenly look absolutely gorgeous to me. {sometimes a few yrs difference can make a difference}

Lol...he did grow up well.

u2bonogirl said:

plus youre never too old OR too young to crush on a guy who has so many reasons to be sexy that dont have anything to do with his looks. just watch him walk or *cough* dance...lol, or just talk to somebody and watch how theyre sucked in.

I think his 'dancing' is rather endearing! He kinda just tries to glide around the stage. His marching around in SBS on the Elevation DVD is so stinkin' cute!

i love this thread!

i love bono more! have since i was about 14 (try explaining that to backstreet boys obsessed friends at the time)
you're never too young and never too old!

lets be honest, he isn't brad pitt or jude law in the looks department but the man has so much sex appeal you can almost bottle it (and don't we wish we could)

you know those people who's very presence changes the air in the room, who ooze confidence and charm and niceness and sexiness and all the good thigns in life... bono is the god of those people! :drool:
theres no-one in the world who can match his stage presence either, and the man can work a camera too!

talking of his cute dancing - has anyone else noticed bonos cute little legs when he goes running round the elevation heart or his cute little arms in the elevation video (hands up - "ooh oooh")

sexiest man on earth
:bow: :bono:

di_g said:

lets be honest, he isn't brad pitt or jude law in the looks department but the man has so much sex appeal you can almost bottle it (and don't we wish we could)

you know those people who's very presence changes the air in the room, who ooze confidence and charm and niceness and sexiness and all the good thigns in life... bono is the god of those people! :drool:
theres no-one in the world who can match his stage presence either, and the man can work a camera too!

talking of his cute dancing - has anyone else noticed bonos cute little legs when he goes running round the elevation heart or his cute little arms in the elevation video (hands up - "ooh oooh")

sexiest man on earth
:bow: :bono:

I love this post! Bono does blow the Brad Pitts/Jude Laws out of the water. Bono just has "it" and they don't. His voice just pierces your heart. His stage presence is amazing, in the smallest gesture he can electrify and change the entire mood of an entire arena. His expressions are just....ahhh.

Lol, yeah he gets those lil legs and arms pumping when he does a lap around the heart. So adorable. But then he stops and begins crawling around the stage with a sneer. So sexy. And then he pulls someone across the stage and makes them feel like the only person in the world. So tender.

I gotta go smoke a cig...I'm getting all worked up over here.... :combust:

Lol, FaithInGrace...I had to change my avatar--I was driving myself bonkers otherwise :huh:

I still remember seeing a picture of Bono when I was young and asking my mom who that was....(my mom had excellent musical taste so I grew up listening to the old school U2--thank god for her). I think I've been smitten ever since!! :)

I love this thread! It proves I'm not alone!!!

Two days ago, I was thinking of Bono and how it was the 30th anniversary of his mom's death...and I started crying! I was like, "This is ridiculous, I don't know the man, this is his heartbreak not mine," but I felt like my heart was breaking for him.

There is just something about this man...a charisma that makes you care for him.

The funny thing is, I've been a U2 fan since "Gloria" days, and I've only cared enough to seek out places like Interference since the day after the 2002 Grammies.

starsgoblue said:

Silly thing you're never to old! Welcome to the madness! :combust:

Back
Top Bottom