I'm starting a club........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Yes! I'm starting a club for PLEBA girls (gents, you're not exactly excluded) who have slow modems! I'm asking people to start new threads with any and all hot pix of any of the guys!! That way these giant threads that are evading us won't keep us from seeing cool pix! I'm getting tired of not being able to load my favorite pix from older threads that have gotten huge.....most of us have higher-speed connections but I've got a stupid 56. I can't believe it, when I first started to use the Internet we had 2400's and thought 14.4 was super-fast.
No more. Anyone else for the Slow Connection Pix Club? Pretty please?????:heart: :kiss: :love: :edge: :bono: :adam: :larry: :drool:

I will join! That's one reason I don't come much and it's gotten worse with the new forum. Either the pics don't load or come up as red x like you said. I know the mods like things condensed into one long thread instead of lots of little ones, but if a thread is more than 2 pages it just does not work for me so what good is it? If I see a thread has too many pages, I just pass it by. I try some but only get to see a few pics. I know it's missing a lot. I hate to see this be like U2.Com where they have 2 diff. formats one for cable modems and one regular. I will do what you want me to do verte76 I'm in!!!!!

I join!!! :D

Fishy, I can't speak for Verte, but my problem has nothing to do with the forum. It's my modem, it's just too slow for large picture threads.

My e-net at college will take care of this problem, though. :yes:

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Um...what happens when these new threads you are calling for get large and out of control?

Just a question...

:)

*disappointed horn noise* WAAAAA Waaaaaaaa Woooooooonttt*
:D :D :D :D :D

But seriously, I need to be in the club. My computer is soooooo froooooooookin' slow, it took me like 10 minutes to write this sentence:yes:

I have a suggestion...

in order to reduce the amount of large pics threads, I've simply changed in my preferences the amount of replies on one page. You probably can change it so there are only 10 replies on one page, which would greatly reduce the number of images on one page.

:D hope that helps- and hope I explained it clearly!

Linked pix are cool....attachments I can click on are cool........ I guess these damn gifs are out of reach. As for the new threads, uh, getting big and out of reach, maybe we'll just have to have, uh, other new threads. I'll just post notes that say "hey, we want pix and we're calling the new thread X" or whatever. Or start your own threads. In the words of the song, sometimes you've got to fight for your right to party. (I'm not a big fan of the song, actually, but it does carry a good title). :eeklaugh: :eeklaugh:

My computer is so slow it takes a hundred years just to load the smilies on the reply page. They just sit there and don't move for a long time and while they're froze I can't write! It's so frustrating!

Well, OK, we're the PLEBA Slow Connection Club!! :lol: :lol: Let's ask for attachments you can click on and other slow pokie goodies!! Nice little pix! New posts, of course! Heck, even repeats! Personally, I'd like to see some more posts with pix from the Africa trip and some of the other stuff of the B-man from 2002. Hint, hint........I'm ready to :drool: :drool:

*comes running in*

am i too late? see, i was looking at said crazy picture threads and it took too long to load, so i was late because of my slow dialup (which, btw, has fun disconnecting me at VERY inopportune moments.....UGH!!!)

i'd like to join....although, i've seen most or all of the pictures here, so generally i just don't bother with the picture threads.....

<------Queen of Slow Connection!!

I'm been moaning for quite some time now. The pics take SO long to load, and some sigs were freezing my computer! Well Elvis made everyone shrink the sigs and now he made it so attachments don't show up until you click, but this has NOT helped me! The sig I hated most, Naya's, is still here, and still locking up my system. I'm going to have to put her on ignore, sorry, nothing personal. I just cannot deal with that #@%^$ sig anymore!!!!!!!:(

As far as attachments, one like Bonochick posted that are links you can click on are okay, but the way the forum attachments now come up it hurts me more than helps! By the time I click on the 'attachment' and bring up 'attachment viewer' and then have to click back to the forum (each move takes several minutes for me when it's really slow!) it would've been easier just to load the friggin pic itself! Olive had a good idea about selecting to have only 10 posts per page and that may help some of you but in my case it's the extra clicking on things that goes so slowly for me so it still slows me down and is more annoying than waiting for the pics. Sometimes I have to wait 3 minutes or more just for the icon to let me click, then it doesn't actually click for several more minutes, so it takes more time, groan! I hate to sound bitchy, but all the things that have been set up to help those with slow computers have not helped or have made things even more difficult. Rant over. :grumpy:

I think what we should do in the slow connection club is just post one or two average size pics per post, and when it gets to about 30 posts start a new one. Like Blueberry said I know the mods want stuff all put in one thread as much as possible but if those are making it impossible for some people to see them, it's sad. Sometimes, many times, I look at a thread, sigh, and don't even bother to open it because I know what's waiting for me. If there is a way we can have links, but not like the way the forum attachments are working, that might be good for us. So verte, count me in the club, whatever you decide to do.

The slowness has really taken the fun out of pic posting for me. (that and unreliable hosting services!) Anybody who was here last year and remembers mine and Icelady's all day hot pic postingthons knows how much I love posting, that's what PLEBA always was to me and what I like best. Now by the time I find the pic, click on it, bring it up, click properties, wait, get properties, copy and paste, it takes so long I'm logged out! It takes me about 20 minutes what it used to take me less than 5, and this is with the SAME computer! I'd hate to see us have to start clicking on things instead of showing them. Might as well be on Zootopia. This was a good idea verte. Maybe we can have a slow only forum or something LOL.

Yeah, maybe if we had a "slowpoke" forum we could agree to have X number of pic threads, one dedicated to each band member. We could agree that each thread would only have X number of pix. Maybe we could get the mods to lock threads after 20 or so, not because they're horrible threads but because that would keep them practical for us. I do love these little avatars and the attachments are still worth it even if loading takes a long time. I'm used to this because I have a history site of URL links to sites and it takes me forever to do one URL because they have to be hyperlinks, I have to use HTML, screw with a giant list, etc, etc, but I don't mind, it's fun. If I could figure out pix I don't think I'd mind doing them, either! I'd drool the whole time!!!!:lol: :lol: :drool: :love: :heart:

Funny, some of these giant-pix threads are loading today! Amazing! It's taking forever and a day, which is a drag, but they're not going caput on me like they were for a few days. I don't know how long this luck will last, however. I think the mods want us to have the pix, so they'll let us do the new threads, in PLEBA, of couse.......we're PLEBA girls, aren't we?? :yes: :lol: :idea: :idea:

verte76 said:
Funny, some of these giant-pix threads are loading today! Amazing! It's taking forever and a day, which is a drag, but they're not going caput on me like they were for a few days. I don't know how long this luck will last, however. I think the mods want us to have the pix, so they'll let us do the new threads, in PLEBA, of couse.......we're PLEBA girls, aren't we?? :yes: :lol: :idea: :idea:

Mine is working today too! It's weird! Maybe our computers have good and bad days, just like us! :happy: Maybe 'the force is with us!';) *knocks wood for our computers*

Hey, the pix are still loading and they look FANTASTIC! Wow! Saints be praised! This is amazing! Thanks for all the cool pix, PLEBA!!!:drool: :drool: :cool: :heart: :heart: :love:

Back
Top Bottom