I'm living through hell, but I'm stilla live!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My thoughts are with you and your mother. My father was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago and the outlook wasn't so great but everything turned out ok and he has been cancer free for over 2 years now so I have an idea of what you are going through. :hug:

I'll be thinking about you and your mother. I had cancer at the age of 12 and am a survivor of 30+ years. More and more people are now able to beat this disease. Have faith.

u2granny said:
I'll be thinking about you and your mother. I had cancer at the age of 12 and am a survivor of 30+ years.

Wow. 12 years old? :tsk:.

Glad you're doing well now. :). And :hug:s to everyone else here who's dealing with cancer in their family line somewhere.

Originally posted by u2granny
More and more people are now able to beat this disease.

:yes:. Thank goodness for that.

Angela

Niamh_Saoirse said:
My dear Pleba fellows: you are the best!

My mum is being very positive at the moment and she said she trusts in God and that He will help her through these difficult moments. Lots of pepole are praying for her so she feels confident everything will be alright.

Positive thinking on your mom's part and the prayer and supposrt of others are the best thing for her. :hug: You will both be in my prayers.

Lol..Girls, you are so funny! :D :hug:

Thanks for all the lovely messages an support. The surgery went just fine, without any trouble. Now we have to wait for the results of the biopsy, to see whether she needs to get more treatment or not.

But she already looks much much better: she has more colour, she ahs started eating again, she can go to the toilet and the stiches are not that sore anymore.

I'll keep you guys posted. I'll be back online this weekend. Works has been extremely hectic! :madspit: (it's 8:00 pm and im still at work...and i started work at 8:30!)

I'm glad everything went well and that your Mom is doing well :hug:

If you need a pick me up, I did add some new Ali pics to my photobucket album again :lol:

Seriously, you and your family are in my thoughts. I'm sure everything will work out fine :hug: :)

Last edited:
i know what you both need! a hug from bono. yep, that would do the trick! i think that he could definately at least make you feel warm and relaxed again and your mom to feel special and loved. at any rate i would be totally freaking about my mom having cancer so i think youre doing very well and strongly too. one more prayer is just your way now!
i had a cancer scare too when i was 13. they had to take flesh out of my back all the way down to my spinal cord to make sure i would be okay and i am!

Glad you're doing well, u2bonogirl :hug:. And I agree about the Bono hug. :).

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Lol..Girls, you are so funny! :D :hug:

Thanks for all the lovely messages an support. The surgery went just fine, without any trouble. Now we have to wait for the results of the biopsy, to see whether she needs to get more treatment or not.

But she already looks much much better: she has more colour, she ahs started eating again, she can go to the toilet and the stiches are not that sore anymore.

I'll keep you guys posted. I'll be back online this weekend. Works has been extremely hectic! :madspit: (it's 8:00 pm and im still at work...and i started work at 8:30!)

That's excellent news :up:. Hopefully the results of that biopsy will be good, too.

Also, you're welcome :hug:.

Angela

Hey girls, I'm back! :)

My ma is coming home tomorrow and you have no idea how happy I am! :hyper:

She looks really well and is eating like a horse... :lol:

But the main reason of this post is to thank you for all the support you've given me, all the prayers and good wishes..

Even though I haven't met most of you in person, I feel like you have been there, giving me hope and faith... And I'll never forget that :hug:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

:applaud:. So glad to hear that news. Yay for her. :).

Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse
But the main reason of this post is to thank you for all the support you've given me, all the prayers and good wishes..

Even though I haven't met most of you in person, I feel like you have been there, giving me hope and faith... And I'll never forget that :hug:

Anytime. Again, you're very welcome. :hug:.

Angela

Niamh_Saoirse said:

That's what friends are for. :hug: And I'm happy to hear that your mom is coming home.

yay!

>Actually, Flavia, I will be a bit presumptous to say, yeah, i kinda do know how you are feeling- by the time I was nearly 16 my mom had been in the hospital several times {for days/week at a time}.
When I was actually 16 she had a different scary condition, and i was sometimes :crazy: with worry. Oh, when she finally came home :heart: .

I am :happy: she is doing so well, coming home & and you're celebrating :dance: :dance:

To you [ or when you were] young teens who were struck with cancers, I am so very glad you all made it through!

One of my cousins {now early-mid 40's} was diagnosed with one of those lymph or blood cancers when he was about 12. He ended up in Sweden [they lived in Boston], for half a year in a part where at that time of year the sun rose at ?10AM and set around ?2 or 3PM :crack: .
He's been going strong since.

:hug: s all around who've gone & made it through this particular hellish experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom