I'm leaving my man for BONO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband don't mind about my idols ( Bono) , and i'm leaving my kids whith my hubby in November to go whith friends to Florida shows:wink:

I think that he knows that it's almost impossible to met Bono....:(

angelofdublin said:
my hubbie allowed me to hang the picture of bono and me on the bedroomwall on one condition:
it had to be a little out of sight, so the first thing i see when i wake up is him and not the b-man.

(i didn't tell him what the last thing is that i see before i go to sleep and have sweet dreams:evil: :bono: :drool: )

The same here!!!!!
My husband was traveling when someone post here the Bono's call to Canada girl( i think), and he arrived in the same time that i was hearding the call for the 1st time:lol:
He said me:
-I spent a week out of home by work and, what is this man doing in my bedroom??????
:angel:

U2Kitten[/i] [B]He can't understand how I can 'look at pics of the same Irish guy' every day for 4 years![/B][/QUOTE] :hug:. Are there any female celebrities he could sit and look at all day? If so said:
Mine do that too. They're so cute!

:up: :). Parents can be really cool like that-I love it when my parents ask me questions about U2 or watch U2 things with me and everything. My mom recently was telling me how much respect she has for them as a band and as people, and my dad was saying during the Hall of Fame ceremony that they're this generation's Beatles.

Angela

My "significant other" tolerates my obsession; in fact, he will even tape things from TV for me (such as the RRHoF show--the last hour, at least), while he is indulging his passion: the NCAA basketball tournament. :lol: He does, however, insist on pronouncing Bono's name as "Bo-no" and says things like, "So Sonny Bono's family didn't know how to pronounce their name?" Puh-leeeeeze! I think he would go to a show, though, if it were close enough. He's not much of a traveler--so *he* gets to stay home with the cat!

best pick up line anyone ever used on me was the guy who told me he'd put on a leather jacket and shades and let me sit on his lap and call him Bono... it almost worked, too but he didn't look enough like him and he couldn't sing

I'm leaving my hubby for LA next Friday (actually he is going camping with "the boys", so I am going to have fun with "the boys" too). As for adult fun...I had to swear that I don't fantasize about Bono (yeah right!!!):wink: But he is pretty understanding, by the way he does resemble Bono is some ways so it isn't quite cheating, right?!

I would sooooo leave my husband for Bono! Just kidding... well, I am 99% sure I am kidding:wink: In all honesty I think my husband gets a kick out of my obsession. He laughs at me when I scream and screech when I see Bono (for example- while watching the Sydney ZooTV concert, or when they were playing the Grammys.... I act like a complete fool- screaming and jumping around- I think hubby enjoys my nerdiness when it comes to all things Bono) I have been with him for 8 1/2 years, married for 2, and when we met he liked U2 (I probably wouldn't be with him if he didn't:giggle: ) But he was in no way a "Major Fan" I made him sign up to Propaganda (which has been a bonus for me because that means 2 chances for tickets to concerts, thus more chances to see the Bman live and in the flesh) and he has been saying for since the Salt Lake City date for the tour was announced that he would stand in the GA line all day for me so I could me close to Bono(its December 17th- brrrr). he has let me put up framed record covers above our bed (it was originally going to be 4 U2 and 4 his choice, but now its 8 U2 and he doesn’t seem to mind) I could go on and on, but I will just say that he is very understanding about my obsession. My Dad is very cute with me as well (i am taking my Hubby, my Mom and Dad to see the Boys to New York in October) my Dad sings this song to me whenever I see him
“we’re going
to see Bono
at the Garden”
he does this little dance with it too, it’s so cute... but he also threatens to wear leather pants to the concert... yipes!:huh:

Gah! Your all so lucky! The guy I like absolutely hates Bono and U2 but I think he only really says stuff bout them and hates them because I'm so into them, just to get to me but I ignore him and ramble to him bout Bono hahaha that just annoys him. It's really weird though he 'hates' them but he remembers stuff bout em like Macphisto never ever mentioned Mac to him but he knows him and he knows all bout the work Bono does and will download some of there stuff for me if I can't get it, his even msg me to tell me when there's U2 stuff on tv!! It's really odd, last night the Grammys were on (FINALLY) and I said to him I'd brb U2's on telly uh god blah blah long story short he ended up watchin it to tell me they were crap aaaaand later on he msg me to say the 'Across the Universe' was crap... his phone is broken he went and found another phone swapped sims and msg me to say that... GOD!! His mad... Wow long post.. sorry but just had to say it. :shifty: He really likes em... :shifty:

-Nikki

WildHoney said:
My hubby is Irish 5ft 8 inches dark hair blue eyesfreckles and a gorgous accent.

He puts up with my Bono addiction

He comes to U2 concerts with me and he likes them to,

he never passes any remarks when the words God he's so sexy escape from my mouth directed at Bono

He's even let me call him Bono whilst we're having adult fun....

What a great guy! Hats off to both of you,sister!:up::D

I'mStillWaiting said:
My hub is pretty cool with the whole I Love Bono thing I've got going on.... Sometimes he makes snide remarks just to get me going, but he doesn't mean it. I'm sure deep down, he has some type of affection for the man- ya know, it a GUY way!

But I would jump at the chance to take off with the gals and have a wild, Bono-hunt weekend!! YEP! to be young and free again....

And Billie, I ADORE your pic!

Thanks! I got it here at PLEBA! :wink:

Yes,it would be great to have a wild Bono weekend...someday:hmm:

SoBe said:
My hubby is very understanding of my u2/Bono obsession. He's not that big of a fan, but lets me be crazy about the "boys".

My 3 year old nephew will see B on the tube and call out "Uncle Bono" because I've told him that's my Euro hubby. :laugh: My hubby just shakes his head and calls me crazy.

LMAO! That's great! Sounds like your hubby has a good sense of humor about it!:D

Moonlit_Angel said:
Billie Midol! Hi :wave:! Been a while since I've heard from you-how are ya doing (heh, still into your Bono-lookalike, eh? Cool :up: :D)?

Angela,sweetie!:hug: It's been like forever since I have seen you!!! How are you?
Yes, I have ..well this is kind of embarrassing but...a new Bono-esque man...but he does not look as much like him as the first one(gosh ,remember that thread about him?LOL! Clearly... I have an obsession:reject:...LOL! Oh well...at least I know what type of man I am attracted to...Bono's looks appeal to me..what can I say? :shrug:

Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

Anywho...:sigh:...I wish I had a guy in my life. The only guy I can think of that has to deal with my love for U2 is my dad. But he loves the band, and thinks Bono's pretty cool, so at least it's a good thing. He teases me every now and again about Bono's looks and stuff, but it's all in good fun.

I hope that any boyfriends, or whatever guy I wind up marrying someday, will be cool with my love for these guys.

And I would SO love to join you guys for a drool-fest some weekend! I think that'd be a total blast!

Angela

Angela,you are always so positive and upbeat! I wish we could all go see U2 together-the whole gang of Plebans! LOL!
Thanks for posting!:up::D

Last edited:
Bono's Betty said:
My soon to be hubby is very understanding of my obsession with Bono. Last time they played (popmart) here he came with me to the concert, I had 2 great floor seats one for me and one for my also obsessed friend and he had to sit further back. This time for Vertigo they are not coming here but I am traveling (8hrs) to Minneapolis with two of my girlfriends for a Bono loving weekend in Sept. This happens to be 3 weeks before we get married. So it's kinda like my stag weekend. What a way to spend it!! He doesn't care at all. :)

Cool stag( or is it stag-ette?? :giggle: ) weekend!!:up:

Congrats on your marriage!:D

Re: Re: I'm leaving my man for BONO!

LostAtMoon said:

My ex boy-friend just hated them. I couldn’t even listen to their music when I was with him. That’s why I chose to remain single.

Smart choice. :yes: I had a boyfriend like that...I don't even remember why I liked him in the first place when I could not even listen to my favorite music.. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: I'm leaving my man for BONO!

Billie Midol said:

Smart choice. :yes: I had a boyfriend like that...I don't even remember why I liked him in the first place when I could not even listen to my favorite music.. :rolleyes:

My ex that is a friend now..i told him about WOW I GET TO GO TO MY CONCERT THAT DAY IS SO COOL and hes like wtf you get to see a bunch of old guys walk around on stage. i was like. foad dude.

I already have!

No not really! My man is a gorgeous sort of Bono lookalike only taller. (but that isn't why I married him - at least I hope not!) LOL

He can't sing but he can play a mean guitar so I am slowly "training" him to play me some U2. :)

He tolerates my obsession but I do play it down a bit. If only he knew...! :)

The talk of dads again reminds me of another little story I have regarding mine-when I was watching some U2 thing on TV, they showed a clip of that girl from the Elevation Boston concert who got pulled up on stage during "With Or Without You", and my dad was watching that with me, and he laughed and said, "Gee, I'll bet you wish you were in her place, huh?", LOL. Uh...yeah!

Billie Midol said:
Angela,sweetie!:hug: It's been like forever since I have seen you!!! How are you?

Doing pretty good. Nothing incredibly major going on in my life right now, but nothing really bad's happening, either...just the same ol', same ol' here. How are things with you?

Originally posted by Billie Midol
Yes, I have ..well this is kind of embarrassing but...a new Bono-esque man...but he does not look as much like him as the first one(gosh ,remember that thread about him?LOL!

I do, I do :yes:. So this is a whole new guy now, eh? What happened with the first one (if you don't mind me asking).

Clearly... I have an obsession:reject:...LOL! Oh well...at least I know what type of man I am attracted to...Bono's looks appeal to me..what can I say? :shrug:

:hug:...do not feel bad, as I'd probably be the same way, immediately liking any guy that looked even remotely like Bono. There was this actor that was in a TV show that was on the WB for a very, very brief time (never got a chance to catch the show), and he was from Australia, not Ireland, and he had blonde hair, not brown/black hair, but he still reminded me of Bono looks-wise from the late 80s-basically, he was what Bono would've looked like at that time if he had blonde hair, that's the simplest way I can put it-and boom, I automatically found him attractive. So if I could do that with that guy, I can pretty much guarantee you that I'd do that with any other guy that reminded me of Bono. You're not alone, trust me on this one.

And hey, there's nothing wrong whatsoever with knowing what kind of a guy you're into-saves you the trouble of having to date a zillion guys only to find out that none of them have that special thing about them that you're looking for (nothing wrong with having an active dating life, don't get me wrong, but I think you know what I mean).

Angela,you are always so positive and upbeat!

Thanks :). Yeah, that's me...little miss optimistic. It's my way of staying sane in this crazy little world.

I wish we could all go see U2 together-the whole gang of Plebans! LOL!

That would be so much fun, definitely. I can just picture it now-a huge group of girls shrieking at the top of their lungs, swooning over the band members, hanging on their every word, all that good stuff.

Thanks for posting!:up::D

No problem :D.

Angela

If I had a boyfried I'd leave him for bono, but I haven't got a boyfriend, but if I had I'd definitely leave him for bono!!!!!1!

Back
Top Bottom