I'm a model!!!! LOL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
As many of you know, I work as a fundraiser in a hospital. Part of my job is to create brochures for the different medical departments. The in-house camera guy asked me to model in one of them, as an ENDOSCOPY patient!!!

So there I am lying demurely on my side on this hospital bed, with the Chief of Medecine, who is also the head of Endoscopy, standing over me, brandishing a colonoscope and smiling kindly into my eyes....his face was about an inch from mine for minutes at a stretch - a very unusual experience!

And the photog is madly snapping away, adjusting my pillow and getting me to look this way and that...it was hilarious! I haven't had that much male fussage since I made 2 of the male dancers at the Ballet give me pas de deux lessons.

I will post the finished result as soon as it's ready. I just hope my double chin doesn't show up!!

lol!

*i wanna be a supermodel! so everyone can ..* um, forgot the words

nice, endoscopy model
wink.gif

maybe we can slip a copy of it under Edge's hotel room door....all in the name of good health, right?

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
lol!

*i wanna be a supermodel! so everyone can ..* um, forgot the words

Sounds like an interesting experience, Mrs. Edge! You'll have to show us the completed brochure.
smile.gif

I think this is song you're looking for, oliveu2cm.

Jill Sobule---Supermodel

I don't care what my teachers say
I'm gonna be a supermodel.
Everyone is gonna dress like me,
wait and see

When I'm a supermodel
and my hair will shine like the sea.
Everyone wants to look like me
me................

Cause I'm young and I'm here and so beautiful,
I'm gonna be a supermodel
(2x)

I wish that I was like Tori Spelling,
with a car likes hers and dad likes hers.
And I show them how how it was done.
That be fun, that be fun.

And I write my schoolreport,
why I love my jeans, why I love my jeans.
And oh, on my lockerdoor it is the coolest thing
that you have ever seen.

(2x)

I didn't yesterday,
I'm not gonna eat today
I'm not gonna eat tomorrow
Cause I'm gonna be a supermodel

so beautiful.......I'm gonna be a supermodel

------------------
"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 09-25-2001).]

that's hilarious Jess!!! I'm sure you were the PERFECT "patient"!
smile.gif
Hey, maybe it's a second career in the making for you...

I watched "King of the Hill" last night where Hank had to have an endoscopy done...<shudder>...it doesn't look like anything to look forward to...but they give you drugs for it, right? RIGHT????
wink.gif

Um...where did I put that bran cereal again???

Disco

LOL Giant Lemon! YUP that's it! From Clueless lol!

I saw that king of the hill, too! the first time i've ever seen that show, actually! :p

Jess it sounds like the Dr. and you had a little sumin sumin goin on in front of the cameras
wink.gif
wink.gif

Cool....
smile.gif

Put up the pic of it asap. Maybe someone can photoshop it and put Edge in the doctors position....
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Cool....
smile.gif

Put up the pic of it asap. Maybe someone can photoshop it and put Edge in the doctors position....
biggrin.gif

LOL!!! Edge as a doctor!! After all, that's what he wanted to be, I think.

*as much as I love that man, shudder at the thought of him, um, in that position*

*is definitely NOT my Edge fantasy*

What a hilarious idea!!! And it's true, Edge DID want to be a doctor! Oooooh, I can't wait!!!

We can photoshop the colonoscope into something else, like a stethoscope...or a bouquet of flowers, or a microphone.

ROTFLMAO!!!!
biggrin.gif

Yowza!!!
eek.gif

Oh, wait-you didn't have to get the actual procedure done. LOL

Can't wait to see the finished product Jess!

biggrin.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Did you have to drink that yucky white stuff or did they just let you pretend?

wink.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

That's funny!
smile.gif
Could you please post the addy to get a story? I really want a story if you're not too busy!

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
As many of you know, I work as a fundraiser in a hospital. Part of my job is to create brochures for the different medical departments. The in-house camera guy asked me to model in one of them, as an ENDOSCOPY patient!!!

So there I am lying demurely on my side on this hospital bed, with the Chief of Medecine, who is also the head of Endoscopy, standing over me, brandishing a colonoscope and smiling kindly into my eyes....his face was about an inch from mine for minutes at a stretch - a very unusual experience!

And the photog is madly snapping away, adjusting my pillow and getting me to look this way and that...it was hilarious! I haven't had that much male fussage since I made 2 of the male dancers at the Ballet give me pas de deux lessons.

I will post the finished result as soon as it's ready. I just hope my double chin doesn't show up!!
OMG...for an instant I thought, don't tell me she had the actual procedure done! I have assisted during colonoscopies before and it is not comfortable for the patient, no matter how much we reassure them or prep them. Of course it is an important safeguard for high risk colon cancer patients. I think it's great that you go to such great lengths to help others!! Yay Jess!!!
smile.gif

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Oh Gosh, no I certainly did NOT have the procedure done! I'm just free labour (and I think the photog thinks I'm kind of cute!).

And yes Disco, they sure do use drugs!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your kind words Sparky's Girl, working in the charitable sector is challenging, but rewarding. A good gig for a U2 fan to have, I think...although now I'm beginning to wish I had pursued my biology interests. CURSED MATH!!!!

lol that's SO random
biggrin.gif

Speaking of which here in MD it's pretty chilly. If you have your eh...computer...tower thingie on the floor put your feet on it. It keep your tootsies toasty.

I want to see Bono's feet.

"Your lips have a very nice shape" -My art teacher

SNOOKER ME, BONO!

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Back
Top Bottom