I'm a klutz!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mini golfing and i backed into a water trap...the first thing my family focused on was that i was wearing unmathing socks...

IWasBored said:
i'm really surprised i didn't get injured after appointing myself official test driver of the laundry basket/skateboard mobile...this was a laundry basket that some friends and i nailed to a skateboard and then procceeded to ride down a hill...

Did you ever take one of those huge donut tires and sit inside it and ride around in it? I tried it once but got stuck and dizzy and dirt up my nose.

i've tons of bike stories, too.

When I was little and still learning the basics of riding a bike... i.e. moving the handlebars makes the bike turn..... I was only allowed to ride my bike up to my neighbor Pearl's house (bless her - she's still alive, too and this was 24 years ago). So, I'd go up to her house, go down her driveway, make a u-turn at her garage and head back up her driveway again. She only lived two houses down from me, so for me, going down her driveway was a bit more adventurous. Well, needless to say, I didn't really have good steering habits and I didn't know how to stop on a dime yet, so she'd always see me crashing into her garage door. I think that's why she kept it shut when I was younger. I don't think she wanted me to fly into her garage and crash into the back wall or something. :D I also ran into her house on a few occasions. As a young adult, my mom was talking to her on the street (you know, two neighbors yapping about whatever) and I came riding up. Well, I didn't notice my shoelace had come undone and was slowly wrapping itself around my pedal until I got to where the two of them were standing and instead of stopping like I wanted to, the wound up lace on my pedal was what stopped me... and I proceeded to yell, "MOM!" and fell right over, bike and all.

I've also been hit by a van on my bike.

Oh, and speaking of running into things... I ran into a pole and bonked my head while walking to summer school (my mom made me take classes even though I didn't need them and I went to private school). All because I turned to look to see if the public bus was coming and while walking forward, didn't notice I was right in the path of a pole. I turned around to keep walking forward and *BAM!* hit the pole. I had a nice egg-sized bump on my forehead. When I told the people in the summer school office what happened, they laughed.

Story of my life. :D

Moonie :D

I've hurt my ankle about a million times. I tore three ligaments in it practicing dance steps; I mysteriously nuked it when I was packing the car; I slipped on some wet concrete three weeks before my second Elevation and tore the damn thing up again...... yes, all the same ankle! This ankle is :censored: :censored: :censored:

i'd just like to say that i now love you, iwasbored...and moonie, i still love you too! you guys sound like me! :heart:

on a swamp walk at camp there was a place where you had to step a bit to the right onto a rock...well, on the way back i stepped to the right onto a plant...and my leg sank down all the way into the swamp goo...so there i was in my pink stirrup pants...one leg pink, the other brown and smelly...:yuck:

one time my best friend and i were fighting cause she thought my bike was a boy bike b/c it was blue...anyway, she pushed me, and me (with my lovely lack of balance) tripped on a little nook in the grass and fell right into a pile of dog poop. *bows*

Swamp goo and dog poop.

I swear that made my day. Truly.

Uh... I went on a night hike in the Mojave Desert when I was with the girl scouts and we were warned, "watch out for the cactus, etc."

Well, whaddaya know.... while walking down a hill, I tripped and as is my instinct to do, I stuck out my hands to stop my fall. As only the graceful do, I landed on a cactus. Not just any cactus, but one of those that has an oval leaf with little groups of spines all over the leaf. My hand connected with one of those leaves and when I got up, the stupid leaf was stuck to my hand. I had to go back to camp and have the needles removed with duct tape and tweezers. fun.

At the same camp, we were sitting on a rock for some meeting or something - I don't remember what, and I was sitting with my hands behind me, leaning on my arms for support. A girl sitting behind me didn't see my hands and she smooshed my middle finger into the rock, bruising it pretty bad. Nothing like having your middle finger ground into a rock with a boot. I had to walk around with one of those dorky finger brace thingies and it was funny because it looked like I was perpetually flipping people off.

And, the crowning achievement at that camp was when we went repelling. Yes, I learned how to repel down a rock. Well, they told us to wear long-sleeved shirts and jeans. Well, it was hot, and I figured I could wear shorts and a t-shirt... what's the big deal?

Yeah. well, the rope that went around my waist proceeded to push my shirt up from my waist, exposing my skin... about halfway down the rock I was repelling. By the time I got to the bottom, the skin on my side was gone from the rope burning it off. Yay for repelling rope burns.

And I had to "try out" to go to this camp. Imagine that. heh.

Moonie :D

Last edited:
moon_is_playing_tricks said:
Swamp goo and dog poop.

I swear that made my day. Truly.

it is my aim to let people laugh at things i can not yet bring myself to laugh at...

i was holding sewing scissors (if that's spelled wrong...well...i never said i was good at english) in my hand because my friend and i were sewing pillows with ducks on 'em, and i kneeled on the bed, with my hands by my side, then i shifted my weight...in essence, i stabbed myself in the leg with scissors. and it went in almost an inch too!

i was rollerblading and i tried to step down a curb and i wiped out and twisted my wrist funny, but i was too embarrassed to tell anyone, so it just hurt a lot for a really long time and no one knew :eek:...

hmm...i was playing tag with friends in someone's basement and i let my arms fly behind me and one of them rubbed against a freshly cut pipe, so i slit the tops of my knuckles on my right hand...

i used to like to make bow and arrow sets when i was little, so i was trying to make arrows with my swiss army knife (i should not have been allowed to own this...) anyway, i had to make a notch in the end of it so it would stay on the string. so i sat there and i thought to myself, don't cut towards yourself cause you'll cut yourself...but then my "best judgement" was like, you'll be careful blah blah blah...so i cut towards myself anyway and cut a good wedge in my left thumb about the width of a pencil eraser and the length of a nickel...my scar is a line and the dots on the sides from the stitches...it's kinda cool....

*more to come* :sexywink: i do have a lot...

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

Did you ever take one of those huge donut tires and sit inside it and ride around in it? I tried it once but got stuck and dizzy and dirt up my nose.

i've never done that in tires, but i my parents had some work done on our basement when i was about 10, and left over were these huge tubes, they looked a lot like giant paper towel tubes, from the carpeting or whatever...so my parents invited a bunch of our neighbours over for dinner, and all of us kids were sent to the basement to play. so we fit about 4 people into a tube at a time and the others pushed it around the basement...the people pushing would try to go as fast as posible, and anyone inside got elbows, knees, feet, in the face or the stomach...it was a lot of fun though

(Originally posted by Stories For Boys) on a swamp walk at camp there was a place where you had to step a bit to the right onto a rock...well, on the way back i stepped to the right onto a plant...and my leg sank down all the way into the swamp goo...so there i was in my pink stirrup pants...one leg pink, the other brown and smelly...

ah swamp goo...yuck. :yuck: pink stirrup pants? that's like my socks from my mini golf water trap story...i think one of them was red white and blue striped and the other was bright green...

i guess this doesn't count, cos mosh pits kind of breed injury, but i always end up with huge bruises on my knees after a punk show...no where else (the only other thing that's ever happened was i got a bloody nose), just my knees...maybe i fall a lot, that would explain it...i already have problems with my right knee from landing on it wierd in a game of ultimate frisbee a couple years ago...but i DID catch the disc and our team did end up winning (it's such a great sport)

Back
Top Bottom