If YOU were filthy rich.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabby

Refugee
Where would you live? Where would you vacation? Suppose you wake up tommorrow with $100 million dollars in your bank account, just like the U2 guys. Say you can choose 3 homes of any kind, anywhere in the world. What would you choose? :huh:

Mine:

1. A chateau in the Swiss alps, preferrably overlooking mountains and a lake.

2. A beach house on a secluded stretch of sand in Jamaica. Assuming there is one, I've never been there, so I wouldn't know!

3. A hugeass dairy farm in Wisconsin. Why? That's where my family are from and I think it's beautiful. I like cows. I like cheese. I'd want it to be off the road, but close enough so people would drive by and take pics and say, "isn't that pretty?":cute:

Last edited:
I'd get a house in London and the South of France. :drool:

I'd also buy my Mom a house in Florida, cos she's always wanted to live there :D

Mexico City (house), Tokyo (work), Berlin (house 2)

simply I like those 3 cities

Last edited:
Tabby said:
Where would you live? Where would you vacation? Suppose you wake up tommorrow with $100 million dollars in your bank account, just like the U2 guys. Say you can choose 3 homes of any kind, anywhere in the world. What would you choose? :huh:

I would live in Ireland

I would have a vacation home in Maine(cos i live here now and it's beautiful:yes: )

and I would probably be content with two homes and i'd invest because i hate spending money, lol, even when i have a lot of it....okay, i'm a dork, but atleast i'm a financially sound dork:wink:

:shifty:
:p

Hard to say with seeing so few places in the world but....

1. A place on a lake in Michigan. Cuz I live there now. With horses :)

2. A house on the ocean somewhere in Hawaii, like Kauai or Maui.

3. San Diego is nice :shrug:

I would have a Loft in New York City, a vacation home in the Hamptons and a spacious apartment in Paris or maybe Madrid, I love Madrid.

I would love to vacation in London, Rome, Austria, India, Germany, well basically all over the world.

An apartment of some sort in London or Dublin.

A beach house in a Tropical part of the world.

A big house in Minnesota. I'd love a house by the lakes in the Uptown area. They're huge and beautiful and by 3 lakes, downtown Mpls, not too far from downtown St. Paul, and just in an all around great location in the Twin Cities. I'd love to live somewhere else for a bit but I'll never leave here for good. I love it too much.

Honestly if I had that much money I'd rather buy a private plane to travel all over the world for a few years and then come back to MN and live in a nice little house with a fenced in yard with lots of lilac trees and get a dog or two.

The first thing I would buy would be a boat. It doesn't have to be a big, flashy yacht...it can be a medium-sized, not-so-flashy yacht. It would be called Someday and its summer dwelling would be Newport, Rhode Island.

Not that I've thought much about that or anything... :shifty:

So therefore I would have to have some sort of summer home in Newport...one of those two weeks in the summer, only bring a third of your staff "cottages" which have bathrooms bigger than my house. I'd definitely have some property in Dublin, and a winter home in San Diego or maybe Hawaii.

1. A comfortable appartment in Manhattan, NYC

2. see above, near Grant Park in Chicago

3. a beach house on the coast of southern Florida

I've never been out of this country, or even on a plane, so I don't know where else in the world I'd like to live... :reject:

Last edited:
I'd want a big place in the mountains with acreage as far as you could see. I'd also want a place on the outer banks of NC, a big one overlooking the ocean. Then I guess a mansion in the Hollywood Hills would be fun. I'd still travel all over the rest of the world too anytime I felt like it! Come to think of it an Irish castle would be awesome!

Dublin....yeah sounds stupid, but tis true...

And then one in the desert and one at a beach........

Or :hmm: just a big house on the beach near Dublin :yes::up::drool:

I dunno, Cos I doubt with that amount of money I'd stay in the same place for more than a week!!! I'd wanna be everywhere!!! :)

TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL...and stay in hotels...but I would probably have a nice house in England and America...not sure whereabouts.

If I had that much money, I would NOT buy an apartment! Anything I could do with one I could do with a hotel room and walk away leaving someone else with the taxes, utility bills, and cleanup lol! I'd permenately rent out a room in the Plaza or something like that. I want land, lots of land, for me and all my U2 kittens and puppies to run free and safe :cute: So the first thing I'd buy is my dream, a big spread of land in the Shenandoah Valley with a beautiful view of the Blue Ridge and Appalachian mts. I would also like one in the rockies, and one on the prairie, and a home in my hometown. Oh no that's 4!

I also want to go to Europe and spend time there, but hotels would do. Also, I am not somebody who cares about flashiness or being around the 'beautiful' people or lifestyles of the rich and famous type of stuff, south of France, Hollywood, etc. For me, money would buy me peace, and freedom, and that would be worth more than anything material. Of course, everybody has their own thing, and that is cool, but this is mine! ;) :)

Back
Top Bottom