If you had only 5 minutes.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starr

The Fly
Ok, since you all reminded me of my special nite again & ...I wish I said one thing different the whole "Role Model" statement irks me..so I would take that back & change the statement to "You have been wonderful influence". I think Role Model is such a bad word...

Anyhoo, It got me thinking, if you had 5 minutes with only ONE band member...what would you say....

Starr

take off your pants
eek.gif

------------------
you told me once a second chance was not worth waiting for, a million chances later you don't know how right you were...
ME!

Awww, I have to pick just one?? Damn... Okay. I guess I'd pick Larry...

In five minutes with Larry I'd thank him for starting the band that influenced my spirituality greatly... Their faith fascinates me and I think God's been using them to try to get my attention for a while now...
wink.gif
This is actually a REALLY long story and I don't know if I would be able to tell him all about it in five minutes... That and I'm not all that sure he'd really care either... *sigh* Ah well...

------------------
Larry Mullen Jr.'s Harley Club: The motors are loud for a reason. :D

All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

I would ask Bono for a hug. I would proboably have difficulty letting go, so that would most likely take the whole time!!

Neither of us smoke anymore, but I remember that as a smoker you would always have bonding conversations with other smokers as you share a cig. I would love to share a cig. with Bono!!

I would ask hinm to explin how debt relief relates to the AIDS crisin in Africa ... I am interested in it and surely that would get him to stick around for more than 5 minutes.

Seriously though ... if I were walking down the street, happened to see him, I am not sure what I would say. I suppose something really dumb like thank you for your music and for all that you do to help people throughout the world. It's so funny ... I think about him and I think about me, and we do share common interests and tastes, but how do youw alk up to a total stranger (who happens to be a HUGE rock star) and just start a conversation. The whole concept seems pretty weird to me. I am a pretty shy person ... who knows ... I might just end up cowering in a corner.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Starr what you said was wonderful - don't torture yourself over it, I know that it's easy to do! what if what if lol...

what would I do.

I'd want to talk to Bono.
I'd look into his eyes and I'd like to shake his hand and I would just say thank you. And I'd try not to cry and probably be overwhelmed and I'm sure he'd want to talk more (lol) but what can you say to the most important person who's ever influenced you in five minutes, beside thank you.

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Id prob sit down and talk to Bono about the planet, inc mushy peas and stuff, and I dont know why but he reminds me of a mushy pea, only a cuddly mushy pea........dont ask!!!!

Grandpa Bono and Maddie........fuk what a comin together that would be!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Nothing raunchy. Get my picture taken a few times

*huggeth* If he lets me.

and thank him for everything.

ACHTUNG BABY - SAVE MY SOUL!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

PLEBA: Saving heterosexuality, one woman at a time.

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me" ~Smooth Criminal

You give your life for rock n' roll

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Starr what you said was wonderful - don't torture yourself over it, I know that it's easy to do! what if what if lol...

what would I do.

I'd want to talk to Bono.
I'd look into his eyes and I'd like to shake his hand and I would just say thank you. And I'd try not to cry and probably be overwhelmed and I'm sure he'd want to talk more (lol) but what can you say to the most important person who's ever influenced you in five minutes, beside thank you.

Thanks much, The funny thing is that his security guard said to me something to effect that if you don't interupt him, he would never shut up..=) So, you might have more than 5 minutes, with Bono if he was just hanging about..=)

Hmm lets see...If I play my cards right and somehow have Bono bound and gagged within 5 minutes, then I could bring him home, keep him in a cage and have the rest of my life to say stuff to him....
Ali

Originally posted by Ali Rose:
Hmm lets see...If I play my cards right and somehow have Bono bound and gagged within 5 minutes, then I could bring him home, keep him in a cage and have the rest of my life to say stuff to him....
Ali
Perhaps if we all work together then we can get him!! We can keep him in the basement of the PLEBA mansion!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Perhaps if we all work together then we can get him!! We can keep him in the basement of the PLEBA mansion!!

! IN A JAR!!!

P.S. BTW I loveth Ali and mean her no harm. It's just that....well...her husband is so hot he doesn't know what to do with himself.
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 01-15-2002).]

Originally posted by WildHonee:

P.S. BTW I loveth Ali and mean her no harm. It's just that....well...her husband is so hot he doesn't know what to do with himself.
biggrin.gif

That's okay. I feel the same way. Ali is a very pretty, caring, intelligent woman, and I don't mean any ounce of disrespect towards her. In fact, I have the utmost respect for her, and her wonderful children.....

That doesn't make me stop having naughty thoughts about her husband though!!

That's okay. I feel the same way. Ali is a very pretty, caring, intelligent woman, and I don't mean any ounce of disrespect towards her. In fact, I have the utmost respect for her, and her wonderful children.....

That doesn't make me stop having naughty thoughts about her husband though!!
ak! lol
biggrin.gif
*hide* I mean....I think I'm pretty sure in knowing that no one would SERIOUSLY REALLY ACTUALLY do anything to / with Bono whilst he's married....just clearing it up...em...

but...*admires God's handiwork*

------------------

ak! lol
biggrin.gif
*hide* I mean....I think I'm pretty sure in knowing that no one would SERIOUSLY REALLY ACTUALLY do anything to / with Bono whilst he's married....just clearing it up...em...

but...*admires God's handiwork*

Of course not!! I am in a serious relationship too, and I love my boyfriend, he is a great guy, very good looking, and he .......

*Is Distracted by Sexy Irish Rock Star in Tight Leather Pants*

*Is Distracted by Sexy Irish Rock Star in Tight Leather Pants*

GEEZ! *rapes the nearest wall*

------------------

*The following is a transcript of Bluey meeting Mr MacPhisto for five minutes in his dressing room.*

Bluey: *Opens the door, walks in, closes it on her coat.* Oh... oh dear, just one second. *She tugs at coat, with no progress, she tugs a little harder and coat is freed, sending her crashing to the ground* Ow, I'm okay... really... *She stands up and stares in at "Garth from Wayne's World" way, just staring at the shiny devil sitting in front of the mirror who as the mintues goes by, starts to look concerned*
MacPhisto: Hello? What is your name dear?
Bluey: What?
MacPhisto: Your name?
Bluey: Uhh... can I get back to you on that? OH! OH! I know! *She digs through her coat, her shaking hands send the contents of her pockets on the floor... pennies, a half eaten cookie, recipts, a parking ticket, keys, anti-psychotic drugs... She finally pulls out a ratty wallet made of duct tape and takes her driver's licence out.* Okay... my name is... Jennifer. Apperantly. *She fidgits* What is your name? *Slaps her forehead* Oh, sorry I know your name! You're Mr... MacPhisto... *Her voice trails off and she blushes deeply, not knowing where to look. MacPhisto looks at her wallet with morbid curiosity.*
MacPhisto: What sort of wallet is that?
Bluey: Oh, duct tape. I made it out of duct tape at home once when I was bored... it's almost two years old, I can make one for you if you want *She is just rambling now, and MacPhisto watches her with a raised eyebrow* I like duct tape... yeah, I was in a play once and wore a dress made out of duct tape and fringe and it was really warm under the lights and then I got some kind of freaky rash after, so I only wore it a couple of times... Uhh, you look pretty hot under the lights, I mean..*She closes her eyes and MacPhisto starts to call security on the mirrored phone* I mean, the jacket must be really you know.. warm. Yeah. It's nice, I like your jacket but not as much as your shoes, your shoes are very nice. *Big awkward silence*
MacPhisto: Thank you...
Bluey: Really? I'm sorry, I'm kind of nervous and when I get nervous I talk a lot and then I start to ramble and... stuff. *She realizes her five minutes are now nearly over and she makes a last ditch attempt...* HEY! Do you wanna go out for a coffee sometime?
MacPhisto: I don't drink coffee...
Bluey: Oh, well by coffee I just meant.. anything, I mean you don't even have to have coffee to have coffee you just have to be holding a beverage of some kind... any kind of beverage and talk about things or just...stare, maybe. You're very shiny. And pretty. Yes. Shiny, pretty, coffee. If you take three things away fromt this conversation it should be those three points, shiny, pretty, coffee...
MacPhisto: *Backing up in his chair* That's nice dear... I think your time is nearly up, isn't it?
Bluey: Oh... really *Almost cries* Well, umm, lemme leave you my number in case you change your mind about that coffee thing, do you have a pen?
MacPhisto: No.
Bluey: Oh, me neither!!! We have so much in common, neither of us has pens!! Crazy! Anyway, okay, so I'll just... *She takes a tube of lipstick from the table and writes her number on the mirror, knocking all sorts of things off of the table and breaking them. She tries to put everything back but knocks the ENTIRE table over, and looks down, horrified.* Oh... sorry. Well, uhh, it's been fun, and just remember...shiny, pretty, coffee...*She backs out slowly raising her fingers to her face like a phone*Call me!!! Bye!!! *She shuts the door behind her and MacPhisto looks around his now trashed dressing room*
MacPhisto: I thought I told them no more mental patients...

Originally posted by blueeyes:
You're very shiny. And pretty. Yes. Shiny, pretty, coffee. If you take three things away fromt this conversation it should be those three points, shiny, pretty, coffee...

LMAO ... you're too funny Bluey. I wonder if anyone has ever told Bono he was shiny?

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Guys, well share your stories.....i would love to see how this band has touched eveyone.

SHARE THE LOVE !!!

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
LMAO ... you're too funny Bluey. I wonder if anyone has ever told Bono he was shiny?

Lol!!! Whoever on PLEBA does that first wins...my admiration! lol. GEE Yer SHINY...

------------------

Lol!!! Whoever on PLEBA does that first wins...my admiration! lol. GEE Yer SHINY...

Well ... when I meet Bono (someday soon I hope) I will see if I can work "Gee, you're shiny" into the conversation.

Y'know ... one could say the same thing to Edge ... he's was pretty shiny himself, decked out in bedazzled clothing.

------------------
Jessica

--Bono

--Bono

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 01-16-2002).]

Actually, I wanna hear Bono say my name to me. Now, get yer minds outta the gutter- I didn't (necessarily) mean in THAT context! I've just always wondered how he'd sound saying me name: Mahalia. *gushes*

But when I get my moment with him, I wanna SING with him. Yes sir, sing my little heart out with him! That's what I want.

spinning- my best friend DID bond with him over a cigarette when she met him during the POP tour! He said he wasn't supposed to be smoking really, but he wanted to, so she gave him one. She was so nervous that all she could do was smoke at first. Then she finally found her voice.

bluey: LMAO!!!! Girl, you are too funny
biggrin.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~

Even though I'm a full fledged Larry gal, I would want to say thank you to Bono. His words pulled me out of a dark depression, especially when my boyfriend Joseph died in the 9-11 attacks. I wouldn't know what to say to him except for that he is my hero and he is the world's hero.

Originally posted by Julyfly:

spinning- my best friend DID bond with him over a cigarette when she met him during the POP tour! He said he wasn't supposed to be smoking really, but he wanted to, so she gave him one. She was so nervous that all she could do was smoke at first. Then she finally found her voice.

OMG!! That is awesome. I have actually had dreams (or were they fantasies) about sneaking out for a smoke with Bono somewhere. Imagine being all alone with him in a dark alley, or on a balcony of a hotel room, with a raging party inside!!

*Runs out to buy a pack of cigs to carry on her at all times, just in case Bono asks*

LMAO Bluey!

Ok, I'd talk with Edge. I've always wondered what I'd say to anyone of them though- because I'm sure they've heard it all. (Oh and yes, I'd try to slip in a little hug first.) I really hope that I wouldn't cry, but I dunno. I'd try to tell him what U2 has given to me, and how much they mean to me. But, I'd have to condense it. I'd want to ask him about music, and fame, politics and religion. Ahahaaaaaa yeah so I'd ask for his number, b/c by now he'd be so completely enraptured by me, we'd have to make a date later to finish the conversation. Boom, done.

I'd pick Bono.

And just like someone else said, I'd look him in his beautiful eyes and say thank you. And I'd tell him my story, and why his loving soul saved my life, and what I've made of my life, and once again, say thank you, Bono, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom