Icon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dreams out loud

The Fly
As a Metallica Fan all I have to say is.........Snop Doggy Dog's version of Enter sandman was a huge F***ing JOKE!!!!:mad: :censored: :madspit: :madspit:
I don't even wanna think about Avrile's so called version of "Fuel"
:no: :scream: :shame:

:ohmy: I forgot that was on tonite. I'm sure MTV will show it a million times this week. I wanted to watch it although I'm not sure how excited I am about other artists do their work.

I would love to see MTV do a U2 Icon show.

dreams out loud said:
As a Metallica Fan all I have to say is.........Snop Doggy Dog's version of Enter sandman was a huge F***ing JOKE!!!!:mad: :censored: :madspit: :madspit:
I don't even wanna think about Avrile's so called version of "Fuel"
:no: :scream: :shame:

Snoop didn't do ES but did Sad but Ture......

yeah a U2 Icon would be pretty cool but after watching the Metalllica Icon.....I don't know if I'd be brave enough to watch.

****Shudders at the thought of Kelley Osborn doing IWF****

*nods* ja, it was pretty bad. but i think staind's version of nothing else matters was pretty good, as was One done by korn..as for Limp Bizkit..oh, i'm sorry- limpbizkit they sucked bigtime. and yes, avril sucked, too. :down: but overall, the show is pretty interesting...

I didn't catch it. Will try to see it if it re-airs.

Man, I don't think I could sit and watch a bunch of people cover U2!!! Any artist to do that has to be either very good or very brave. :ohmy:

The only real reason I would be interested is because I saw the Aerosmith Icon, and I'm a not an Aerosmith fan, I never have been, but it was really cool to see the bands reaction of other artists doing their work, especially Steven Tyler who was singing and dancing in his chair. I would love to see U2's reaction to other people doing their work.

hmm...don't know about that...some would be good, but twenty bucks says they'd get some band i HATE and it'd bother me to no end...

I like snoop dogg.. I like metallica... but somehow that mixture sounds awefully wrong :(
I haven't had the chance to see ICON yet (I only have Mtv Germany) but I hope they'll soon air it here as well

an MTv ICON U2 would be a nice try I think... even if the covers weren't good.. we'd get to see more interviews and such :happy:

I'm watching Icon now. The interviews with Metallica have been really cool but so far the covers suck. I've only seen a few song so far but they have been pretty bad. That's too bad.

Avril or Snoop....who was worse? :hmm:

since this is metallica related..i thought i might share this with you. james hetfield (singer of met) said this:
3375%3B78323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D997%3D%3C%3A7%3Dxroqdf%3E232339769486%3Bot1lsi

*is crushed* :/ and i think james is cool..ah well, everyone's got a different opinion, right? :)

Jam Jar said:
since this is metallica related..i thought i might share this with you. james hetfield (singer of met) said this:
3375%3B78323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D997%3D%3C%3A7%3Dxroqdf%3E232339769486%3Bot1lsi

*is crushed* :/ and i think james is cool..ah well, everyone's got a different opinion, right? :)

I agree with what you said...everyone has a right to their opinion, but I hate when people in the entertainment world, who don't appear to be making a difference to help others in need, blast Bono's work. I knew nothing about Bono's charity work until I became a serious fan a few years ago and I have just been blown away by the things he does and how committed he is.

Yeah I think James is cool and I love Metallica. I don't care what he says as long as the music he makes is good.

Jam Jar said:
\

:confused: This is a James Hetfield quote? I thought he was a big U2 fan. This sounds more like something Henry Rollins would say.

ah well.. even if he was a fan.. they also have the right to criticize their singer/ bands ;)
wellwell.. harsh words, but I actually have to say... sometimes it really can look like it :shrug:
thta's just the problem when populare guy from entertainment take on serious issues.. it is so hard to believe it/ take it serious
but I really appreciate the stuff Bono does and how much energy he puts into it :hug:

though I do not think he should win the NPP
there are so many other people who go out of their lines to help and noone knows them. The Prize is charged with a lot of money.. and giving it (and the publicity) to someone more unknown would help more, I think.

Back
Top Bottom