I wasn't gonna post about this but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DML

War Child
I don't think I can stand sittin here all alone in my house with this on my mind, so I need some company. My father is going in to have exploratory surgery today. His doctor can't find his aortic valve in his heart. My parents told me not to get all upset cause when we lived in NJ our old doctor couldn't find it either, but the doctor never did anything about it (some doctor
mad.gif
) Of course, now today there is no one here, because my mother is with him, and my brother is going to work, so I have sit all alone worrying about this. But I have to stay strong for my mother and father because they need me.

------------------
Dana

Ma: The car was rattle and humming...
Dana: COOL!

DML! *hugs*

Hey girl, I would tell you not to worry, but I know you will, instead I will try to offer a little comfort with a peronal story.

I have Preventricular Tacicardia, which basically means that my heart beats irregularly on a constant basis. Like when you hear a human heart you normally hear two beats...like "bah-bum" mine sounds like one beat because my heart omtracts so fast you can't register the two beats unless you slow the tape down.

Ok...yeah bonoitis kicked in...lol...I was trying to say that I have been through many MANY tests and the sonograms are just not reliable, some days everything is in the right place, and some days things have shifted, and you can't see them. You should see some of the positions I have to contort into just so they can see all sides of my heart! I hope your dad is fine! *uber-hug*

Fishy <><

P.S. On a lighter, but slightly over-share note...one of my ovaries always hides behind my uterous when I go for pelvic sonograms, and my gyno wanted to do more tests to see if I had only one, but then the day of the test she did one more sonogram and there she was! LOL! She was just shy! LMAO! And just for the record...three sonograms since then and she has gone back into hiding! LOL!!!

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

With my teeth at your back
And my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

(((((Dana)))))

I hope things go well for your family.

In the meantime, try taking a walk to take your mind off things.

------------------
Daisy
I wasn't jumping for me it was a fall. It's a long way down to nothing at all
AIM: daisyone75
MSN:daisybean75

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 04-23-2002).]

I know how you feel, really. It's a sick and aching feeling worrying, wondering and thinking all kinds of things. My Mom's heart went into atrial fillibration and they had to stop in and restart it electronically to change its rhythm. I was so terrified with worry. She takes medication for it and has to be checked often. Sound like what your Dad has he's had for awhile and he's done okay, I just pray he will be fine and even better after they find the problem and fix it. Take care.

Did you know BONO has an irregular heartbeat? He said the Dr. told him he had an 'eccentric heart' and he said "I could've told you that."

((((DANA & HER DADDY)))))

Bless your hearts- really.

dana dearie
wink.gif
don't worry! i know everything will be okay! and remember, if you ever need a cuddle, you've got your spongebob (and your doggy)
smile.gif

*gives dana a BIG hug*

------------------
Be uncool, yes be awkward
"I look cool, i am cool"- Lardence
9:55: With a bit of a wink in his eye, Edge apologizes for last year's rambling Grammy
speech, then begins to natter on again. You go, Dave! ~ from Rolling Stone mag, at the Grammy's
when you're strange- no one remembers your name...

i talk too much, so talk with me! AIM: BoNovoX2U2
or talk to me through evil MSN : u2jamjar@hotmail.com

((((DANA))))

Everything will okay, please put your mind at ease. You are right that you need to be there for your mom and your dad. I was born with a congenital heart defect (Atrial Septal Defect) which is basically a hole between the 2 upper chambers of the heart. I was told as a child that it would correct itself with age but it didn't. It took a long time to find a doctor who listen to me let alone believe that a 27 year old was having heart problems. Once I found the right doctor, I had open heart surgery at age 28. My family was terrified but I came out of it just fine. Any kind of heart problems are scary but doctors these days are miracle workers (IMO). Hopefully, this is the right doctor for your father and they will find his problem and take care of it. Have faith and be strong. Remember that you always have your PLEBA sisters here when you need them
smile.gif

Please let us know what happens.

((((Dana))))

I hope everything turn out fine. Maybe some U2 music will keep you distracted. Let us know how it goes.

<---wishes she had something more comforting to say

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

(((Hugs))) for you Dana. I'm sorry you and your family have to go through such a stressful time. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. And don't worry girl, I'm sure the surgery will go fine.

Dana, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

(((((HUGS)))))) I'm always really sad when a fellow PLEBAn is going through rough times... but just remember that we are all here for you whenever you need to talk or vent and that eventually the difficult times will come to an end....

Stay Strong! ((((HUGS))))

Kate

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

I'm sorry to hear about that. But I'm sure it will be okay. (((Dana))) Yes, definately let us know.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Thank you all so much for your support, you girls are the bestest in the world *hugs* The doctor person assumes that my father was just born with one less valve then normal people and that my brothers and I might be the same way. The problem is though, as he gets older the other two valves are doing more work then they should be doing, so I have no idea what is gonna come of that, but he is going back to the doctor sometime this week.

------------------
Dana

Ma: The car was rattle and humming...
Dana: COOL!

((((Dana))))

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that the doctors were at least able to find your father's problem. Keep in mind that I was born with a congenital heart defect so if you ever need to talk or need to find any materials or resources related to this, just let me know.

Thanks for the update I was concerned! Take care of him. Heart doctors are amazing these days! All the best!

Originally posted by DML:
Thank you all so much for your support, you girls are the bestest in the world *hugs* The doctor person assumes that my father was just born with one less valve then normal people and that my brothers and I might be the same way. The problem is though, as he gets older the other two valves are doing more work then they should be doing, so I have no idea what is gonna come of that, but he is going back to the doctor sometime this week.

Well, at least now you know what's going on, and something an be done about it.Don't worry, they can do just about anything now when it comes to fixing heart problems.Keep your chin up!

Take Care!

------------------
Larrysgirl:)

Back
Top Bottom