I was just held up in an armed robbery.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluephisto

War Child
In the mud, in the maze of my imagination.
I'm not hurt. Just angry. Some guy came in where I worked and threatened me with a big knife, he got some money. I'm SO mad. Just SO angry right now and NO one is awake to talk to.

I can't even TALK about it right now, I'm SO pissed off.

*FURIOUS*

:ohmy: I am so sorry bluephisto..what an awful event to experience, the only comfort, if any you will take out of this traumatising affair is that no one...and by that I mean you..didn't get injured. In time if you need to, try and talk about it as something as serious and disturbing as what just happened to you may eventually have a very detrimental efect on you...I hope not, but in 90% of cases post-traumatic stress occurs long aftre the incident has passed. Pity there was no one around for you to talk with, despite everything there are mindless thugs everywhere...it was just so unfortunate that it should be you that was targeted. You did the right thing though, always surrender the cash...it's not worth losing anything for.

I'm so sorry Bluey and I'm glad you're okay :hug: :yikes: Just last night on my local news I heard a 17 year old girl was shot in a robbery at a Captain D's and I don't know how she is today:(

Bluey were you serious about working graveyards at gas stations? Please be careful. No money is worth your life.:|

:( :sad:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm glad that you're alright Jen. And I'm glad you quit that job too. You shouldn't have a job like that. I know you'll find a better one. Don't worry about that now.

:hug:

I'll talk to you later.

~The J

Thanks everyone *HUGS TO ALL OF YOU*

I'm feeling okay now, I couldn't sleep all yesterday and finally just passed out last night from sheer exhaustion. It looks like I can get my old job back (clothing store) I hope, it's at least something to help with expenses.

Now that I'm feeling better I can sort of rehash some of it.

He came in, rushed me and the girl that was just leaving her shift with the knife and started yelling about money. The first words out of my mouth were "You've got to be joking." lol. Yes, even in crisis, I'm still a smart ass.

During the course of the robbery I just remember a few things, it was all so fast. I remember the dirty blade of the knife as he held it up to me, that I just glared at him and thought to myself "now there is NO way I'm going to be stabbed with a DIRTY knife. That's just gross." He was yelling about money and told me to open the till but I couldn't because we were in the middle of a shift change. I tried to SHOW him that I couldn't and he didn't believe me and got REALLY angry. I started talking to him, "Look. Have you ever worked a till before?" He shook his head no, "Well this button here opens it, but it's not working right now because the whole system is in the change over mode which means it can't be accessed. Now this green key might work and change it back, but I don't know. Let me try it and see ... Nope that didn't work either. I can't get this open right now, it requires a really complicated sequence of codes and numbers which we just don't have because you came in while we were counting the stock to input them." That calmed him down a little and he turned and started working on the safe, trying to open it, he found an extra cash drawer with a float in it and took that, took a LOT of cigarettes ... at that point I sighed and asked him "can you move it along here? I have to recount all those now". I even offered him a bag because he kept dropping the stuff. *sigh* I was just sort of ... bored and wanted him to finally leave. He LOOKED at me, sort of confused, got up, left, grabbing a candy bar on his way out and I just waved at him and said "Have a nice day buddy, come back soon." He ran off and I locked the doors. My coworker was sobbing in the corner and I called the police.

*sigh*

What's more, when i was being interviewed for the job I SPECIFICALLY asked my boss "Okay, what are the chances of me being robbed on this job? What is the history of hold-ups and harassment and stuff at this station?"

He looked at me and said "Oh nothing, the worst that's ever happened is that some guy swiped some cigarettes off the counter when the clerk wasn't looking."

It's a pretty central location, busy, well lit so I thought okay, maybe this just isn't a good target for robbery. I can handle that.

After the cops came and the other staff members came in that my coworker called, the other staff members started talking about "all the other times we've been held up". Once with a gun.

Oh, and the cops discovered that the boss neglected to put TAPE IN THE SECURITY CAMERA.

When my boss came in, I hit the ceiling. Ripped him up one side and down the other in front of EVERYONE, told him to work the rest of the goddamned shift himself and mail my fucking check to me, thanks.

*SLAMMED door on the way out*
*as much as I could, it was sort of a slow door*

You handled that very well :yikes: You are so lucky he didn't flip out and hurt you. I'm glad you're not working there anymore! :hug:

Angela, I haven't heard anything else about the girl who was shot here, so I hope that means she's not dead. I hope she'll be okay.

bluephisto said:
What's more, when i was being interviewed for the job I SPECIFICALLY asked my boss "Okay, what are the chances of me being robbed on this job? What is the history of hold-ups and harassment and stuff at this station?"

He looked at me and said "Oh nothing, the worst that's ever happened is that some guy swiped some cigarettes off the counter when the clerk wasn't looking."

It's a pretty central location, busy, well lit so I thought okay, maybe this just isn't a good target for robbery. I can handle that.

After the cops came and the other staff members came in that my coworker called, the other staff members started talking about "all the other times we've been held up". Once with a gun.

Oh, and the cops discovered that the boss neglected to put TAPE IN THE SECURITY CAMERA.

Oh, great. :rolleyes:. So reassuring, isn't it?

Originally posted by bluephisto
When my boss came in, I hit the ceiling. Ripped him up one side and down the other in front of EVERYONE, told him to work the rest of the goddamned shift himself and mail my fucking check to me, thanks.

Good for you :up:. That "boss" is a moron for not doing more to keep your workplace safe.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
Angela, I haven't heard anything else about the girl who was shot here, so I hope that means she's not dead. I hope she'll be okay.

Ooh, yeah, I hope so, too. May the news regarding her be good news. *Crosses fingers*

Angela

If we had a security lapse like that at the library.........can you say "lawsuit"?? Our head librarian would do it for sure.

I am sorry tohear that, Bluey :hug:

I wish I could kick that fucker! :madspit:

My da?s cell phone and stereo were robbed the other day. But someone told him that he had seen 2 guys taking the stuff out of the car, so he ran after them, kicked one of them on his back, got the mobile back and kept running after the other guy. He realised my da was gonna catch him so he left the stereo on the floor and ran for his life...:lol:

It sounds funny, but if they have had a gun it could have been a mess...:huh:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
I'm glad you Dad is okay, Flavia :hug:

Same here. And that's good that he got the stuff back, too.

My aunt was held up at the bank she worked at a long time ago, too. Thankfully, I don't think anything big happened, and she was okay and everything, so...

Still...scary world we live in. Robbers should just go live on some tiny island somewhere or something. :madspit:.

Angela

bluephisto said:

:banghead: Jeez, with a boss that stupid, who needs enemies?! He deserved the new one you tore him. :rant: :yell:

I'm glad you're okay, and really glad you left that job. You handled that very well, and nobody got hurt. I hope you get that clothing store job, that sounds a lot better.

I think they ought to hire ex-Marines or Hell's Angels to man gas stations and convenience stores, especially graveyard shifts. Anybody stupid enough to pull a knife on one of them will need to go to a proctologist to have it removed. :macdevil:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom