I was bored. So I drew a picture...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at that (lovely) picture again, he's wearing shades in the bathtub:scratch: He looks so hot in 'em anyway!:crazy: I love him like you won't believe, I kiss him goodnight every night!:crazy:

bonocomet said:

No, Gg you are exactly right. The sinful images (including Bono) were intentional. Also the TV which is cropped in this pic but you can see the whole photo in the original. Bono wanted to create a picture of the "ultimate rockstar's lifestyle, ignorant of the world's problems or the man on the street."

damn how do you know this stuff?:D do you happen to know what that wristband thingy on his left wrist is?

oh yeah, I uploaded the wrong pic.. the tv(with Bush SR I think on it) is in the other pic I have :D
heh U2 Beginner.. I'd do that if I had this pic on me wall too! sadly, I don't think my parents would apreciate that... :reject:

ah yep this is the good one ^^
bonobathtub0jg.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha! Sorry I should have said where the quote came from. It's directly from Anton Corbijn who shot the picture in Bono's hotel room in New York, 1992. The photo was all Bonos idea. He also says it was just he and B. there in that bathroom that day, so there were no other witnesses to this lovely scene.

bonocomet said:
Hahaha! Sorry I should have said where the quote came from. It's directly from Anton Corbijn who shot the picture in Bono's hotel room in New York, 1992. The photo was all Bonos idea. He also says it was just he and B. there in that bathroom that day, so there were no other witnesses to this lovely scene.

you mean.. anton... ... ... .. .. :faint: I MUST get into his mind now! must... see.. that... moment...

Ok all this awesome artwork inspired me to draw again after 25 years, so my drawing is almost done and I'll post it when I finish. But for now I thought I'd share this funny one my daughter did for me. She actually draws very good (she's 13) but just to be silly she did the photo I'm working on in about 10 seconds. Actually, I think she captured them quite well. Especially capturing the essence of The Edge. :giggle:

CamillessU22006.jpg

Here's four of mine that I did for my sketchbook drawings for art class. They're not great, but they work!! Also, they are pictures of the drawings as I don't have a scanner. :D

Picture of Larry(that one picture from the Pop sleeve), although I don't necessarily like this one:
92441319_338eb7ee7e.jpg

Another picture of Larry:
92475103_1539abeebb.jpg

Picture of Larry's drums (he was supposed to be there too, but I ran out of room :lol: ):
92475104_35ed16438b.jpg

And then a picture of Bono (my favorite of the drawings):
92475105_c2ec91e665.jpg

Achtung_Bebe said:

GeneralGripWeed, those are some excellent paintings!

Thank you verah much! :D
u2shamrock, those drawings look great! I like the Bono one best. I HATE IT when I start drawing something and run out of room! At least you got the drums in... :lol:

Ahhh I know! I do the same thing! In the one I'm working on I made Larry's head too big so everyone else got squished. i was lucky to get Bono in, I had to leave his ear off :(

Yes u2shamrock I like your Bono best too. He's really good!!

I drew a picture of Bono years ago, I'm going to have to take a photo of it and post it here when I get around to it. Some lovely drawings here though! Here's a photo of my 'art work' that I call AchtungU2....

AchtungU2b.jpg

SimplyConfused said:
So she did. She did capture the essence. And GG, we need to talk. How are we meant to get into the picture to get between his legs? We need to create a time machine... mebbes find Edge?

good point... and only reading 'between his legs' btw... :combust:
also, I am back to start again... I haven't continued my drawing since I started :reject:
I really am going to try tomorrow (day off school) to continue... but his left ear is cut off.. and his right is barely visible in the pic, so my favorite Bono part is gone(that is favorite to draw, mind you!)
he looks a bit like The Fly in the HMTMKMKM vid... I like that aspect.. I think it is a positive thing ... I hope at least...

sraphim said:
congrats ladies, you're all very talented!!! :hyper:
SC, your drawings are great! :D :applaud:

ok... so here are my creatures.... please be nice :wink:

bonojtguitar.jpg

bonoblue.jpg

omg :eeklaugh: that's perfect, the hair, the eyes, the shadows.
you're very talented, I wish I could draw like this!

here's my first draw of an U2 member, not very good when I have a look at sraphim's pictures ;)

10a7ef38.jpg

*goes away in shame* :uhoh:

phistolemon said:

omg :eeklaugh: that's perfect, the hair, the eyes, the shadows.
you're very talented, I wish I could draw like this!

here's my first draw of an U2 member, not very good when I have a look at sraphim's pictures ;)

10a7ef38.jpg

*goes away in shame* :uhoh:
what is it with great artists and being so effin modest???
your drawing is great! amazing! the lines are so Edgy(yes that pun there!)
too bad it's a little dark.. but it looks good! you should shade it to finish it ^^ and then get Edge to sign it!

@bonocomet: aw ^__^ thank you!!

@galeongirl:
Yeah, that was my digicam, I have no scanner *lol* thank you, I'm glad you like it :happy:

SimplyConfused said:

You want people to be unmodest? Well, here I am! My pictures are absolutely brilliant! They put all else to shame!! Hang your heads. *shakes head* People these days...

that's more like it! :lol: :lmao: :lmao:
no I didn't mean that people should be like that... but also, be a little proud of your work, don't be like oh my drawing is so ugly I can better hide(no off phisto!)
I mean, you can judge yourself, you might not think it is very good, but at least, when it's decent, don't take yourself down so much! Be proud of yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom