I was bored....(Bono/Ali related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
....and was trying to think of a fun project to keep me entertained/challenged, so I bought alihewson.com. :D

Now I need some help. I have Ali soundbytes and there's plenty of pics in the Ali pic threads, what I really need are a few good articles or interviews. Please post them (or post links to them) or e-mail me.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
....and was trying to think of a fun project to keep me entertained/challenged, so I bought alihewson.com. :D

Now I need some help. I have Ali soundbytes and there's plenty of pics in the Ali pic threads, what I really need are a few good articles or interviews. Please post them (or post links to them) or e-mail me.

Thank you Lies :bow: :hyper:

I could never figure out the url stuff :reject:

I'm sure Flavia has a lot of articles :yes: and if you do need any pictures, I can give you the password to my photobucket album :)

Bono and Ali’s dream marriage
By Jon Myles

Bono's wife Ali Hewson has lifted the lid on their 23-year marriage and declared: “He’s the love of my life because he makes me follow my dreams.”

Ali, who met Bono in school when she was 12, said: “Our marriage has worked because we like each other, because we talk to each other and we are passionate about what we do. We allow each other to pursue our goals.”

The mother-of-four revealed it isn’t writing No1 albums and selling out world tours that motivates the couple — but bringing up their kids to appreciate life.

She is determined their children, Jordan, 15, Eve, 13, Elijah, five, and three-year-old John Abraham are not spoiled by the trappings of fame.

Ali said: “We have taken them to the townships in South Africa. And although they have much more than Bono and I did growing up — Bono’s dad was in the postal service, my mum and dad had an electrical business — we don’t spoil them.

“We also have two dogs and a rock band so we have plenty to look after.”

She says her and Bono have always taken world problems to heart.

“Even at school, Bono and I would talk about what was wrong with the world,” she said.

Meanwhile, Bono and Van Morrison are among the stars who will appear on a new album from blues legend BB King later this year.

King, who turns 80 in September, teamed up with U2 for When Loves Comes to Town in 1988.

I don't really have any articles to contribute that Kelly hasn't already, but that is such an awesome idea :love: I was waiting for someone to make an Ali site! :bow: Can't wait to see when it's done.

You can take a look at miss-u2's Ali site:

Alison4ever

I don't know how long it is since she has updated it, but I think I remember that there are a few Ali interviews there...

:)

Re: Re: I was bored....(Bono/Ali related)

kellyahern said:

Thank you Lies :bow: :hyper:

I could never figure out the url stuff :reject:

I'm sure Flavia has a lot of articles :yes: and if you do need any pictures, I can give you the password to my photobucket album :)

Sure, no problem! I have the links on my computer back home in Buenos Aires, but I asked my brother to copy the links and send them to me as soon as possible!

I'll let you know when I get them! :D

I had been wondering where Miss-U2 is as well. For a long time now.
I normally wouldn't miss anyone, since I don't really know anyone really here. But her, she definitely stuck out for some reason. Maybe because she had a website.
And because she was one of the nicest ones here.

Great idea! Seems like a few months ago there was a thread here where a few regulars were discussing putting together a new Ali site. They were pretty gung-ho about it. What happened to that project?

kellyahern said:

We couldn't figure out html :reject:

HTML can be a bitch. In fact, I'm pretty lazy these days and since I have little artistic talent, I think I'll be going with a pre-coded web template. I've found a few different designs that could work and I'll maybe post a poll once they're ready.

First, I need a name/logo for the site...something other than just "Ali Hewson"...like Ali's Abode or something cute like that.

I was hoping to post some site designs, but Dreamweaver is fucking up my CSS again so, I'll post some links to the templates instead....brb...

Oh, Kelly, I forgot to say, I'd love your PB password b/c most of the pics in the older Ali threads don't work anymore and I don't want to miss any good ones.

Oh, Kelly, I forgot to say, I'd love your PB password b/c most of the pics in the older Ali threads don't work anymore and I don't want to miss any good ones.

http://photobucket.com/albums/0903/kellyahern/

guest password: u2photos

On the main album, the more recent pics are Ali pics (then there's more in the sub albums labeled "Ali pics2" :)

Last edited:
Thanks! I have a temporary site ready, but the domain isn't quite registered yet so it's not ready yet. I'm working on getting some good pics to make a little montage logo later on tonight when I have my PhotoShop and FireWorks software available.

Me three. I hope she gets to see a concert.

:yes: She did get tickets... :D

I've been trying to get in contact with her in various ways for a long time - by e-mail, pm and msn, but haven't heard anything from her... :sigh:

...I see her regulary online at msn (usually "not available" though), but just haven't heard from her in very long... :( I really hope shes ok! :hug:

Thanks for the update, hopefully she'll check in when she has time.

As for the Ali site, I had neutral remove the design poll b/c the CSS on those templates was not working right in the software I use (software's fault) so for now I'll be using a very basic design of my own. It will look very similar to this other site of mine: www.nadiacomaneci.com. The sections will include Biography, Articles, Photos, Soundbytes, Quotes, Links, Guestbook, Chat, and Contact/Webmaster. The domain exists but it hasn't "resolved" yet (not quote sure what that means, but hopefully it will work in another 24 hrs). I am enabling hotlink protection but I think I will allow interference.com as long as I stay under the monthly bandwidth quota.

I'm working on a logo image and learning Photoshop at the same time so that might take a few more days to perfect. I still need a good name for the site....

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, hopefully she'll check in when she has time.

You're welcome! :up:

Looking very much forward to the site! :yes:

:hugs: to Emilie, whereever she is. :)

I can't wait to see this site. Ali deserves something really wonderful and comprehensive. :up:

Thanks guys! Feel free to lay on the pressure, it's sometimes the only way I finish things I've started (seriously). I've got hundreds of pics saved now and my hosting provider offers the Guestbook and Chat options so those are done. Tonight I'll probably sort through the pictures and remove some that I feel shouldn't be used. As webmaster of another unofficial site for a famous person (gymnast Nadia Comaneci), we've had some trouble in the past keeping everything legit and not pissing people off by hosting the paparazzi style pics (even though you can find them everywhere else on the web). Even though I own these sites, the person whose name it is has a legal right to the domains and their content so I'd rather be safe than sorry, if that's OK.

Back
Top Bottom