I Want My VH1 Classic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diane L

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
What I just saw on VH1 Classics...I take back all the bad things I've been thinking about that network ever since I got it on my digital cable system a couple of months ago. I've spent hours watching, and had only seen 4 U2 videos in all that time, so I pretty well gave up on that station. Besides, I'd made the happy discovery that MTV Hits plays U2 like crazy...I've seen the singles from ATYCLB, plus Bono with the Corrs and the "What's Going On" clip (Bondage Fun Bono!), so I've been watching that a lot...

But tonight, about 1 a.m., VH1 Classics played "October/New Year's Day" from the Red Rocks show. OMG!!!!! They were so young, so adorable. The sheer joy on Larry's face when the band kicked into "New Year's Day"...Adam swaying in time with the music...Edge playing piano on "October"...and that beautiful, beautiful boy singing lead. That camerawork, filming Bono at an upwards angle, all the better to admire the tight black jeans he was wearing...ummm...oh my...those rather revealing black jeans he was wearing!!! Truly a video clip that PLEBAns could appreciate!!!

That one clip was worth all the wasted hours spent watching VH1 Classics. I should only be so lucky as to see more clips like this in the future...

Diane
*who's really hungry for a Bono Burger right now*

I can always count on VH1 Classic for "Desire"

BONO IN VEST: *strut*

ooo yeah....:drool:

I have that channel, they play a lot of U2. It depends on the day, I think. Once they did a marthon of U2 videos and other videos that had U2 in them.:eyebrow:

i have only seen a few U2 videos on VH1 classic. In fact one night I was getting ready for bed, and I was thinking to myself "i wish i could see some U2 videos before I go to sleep" so, I grabbed my remote and stopped on VH1 Classics, I freaked out because I saw "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and than "Desire" . After that video was over I changed channels to VH1 and caught "What's Going On". Needless to say I was happy and thanked the lord above for answering my prayers. ;)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
After that video was over I changed channels to VH1 and caught "What's Going On". Needless to say I was happy and thanked the lord above for answering my prayers. ;)

I always thank the lord for this
ne07.jpg

:drool: :heart: :sexywink:

I love VH1 Classic. I've seen lots of U2 videos on there (it is mainly during the "We Are The 80s" hour that they show them), as well as lots of other great videos this old fogey remembers from growing up in the '80s. It's too bad they don't show the videos from the '90s as well, but I guess you can't have everything. I could kick myself for missing the U2 marathon weekend, though. I wonder if they will ever do it again?

Bono's shades said:
I love VH1 Classic. I've seen lots of U2 videos on there (it is mainly during the "We Are The 80s" hour that they show them), as well as lots of other great videos this old fogey remembers from growing up in the '80s. It's too bad they don't show the videos from the '90s as well, but I guess you can't have everything. I could kick myself for missing the U2 marathon weekend, though. I wonder if they will ever do it again?

Hey you know on some of those sequences where they have like the faces or bodies of the rock stars flying across the screen? They mark like the beginning of a show....they're like cartoons....you know what I mean. Has anyone ever seen Bono in there? I always see like Axl and Michael Jackson and that's it. :huh:

WildHonee said:

Hey you know on some of those sequences where they have like the faces or bodies of the rock stars flying across the screen? They mark like the beginning of a show....they're like cartoons....you know what I mean. Has anyone ever seen Bono in there? I always see like Axl and Michael Jackson and that's it. :huh:

I've looked but I've never seen Bono or the rest of the band in any of the cartoon thingies. Of course the one they have for All-Star Jams has so many rock stars that it would be hard to tell if they were there. But U2 is listed with a bunch of other band names like Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones on the cartoon jukebox for Rock Show.

You know, reading this post over makes me wonder if I really do need to get a life...

Back
Top Bottom