I thought some of you might get a kick out of this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
This is actual conversation that I had at work the other night with one of the nurse practitioners...

NP: I'm going to see Dave Matthews, I havent been to a concert in ages.

Me: Oh that will be fun, I saw U2 this summer at the Fleet Center - It was great.

NP: Who's U2?

ME : Yeah, your funny.

NP: Seriously - who are they?

Me: (Still not believing her) - anyways...

NP: No really - are they a new band?

ME: So how long have you been living under a rock for? When did they finally let you out?

NP: COme on they can't be that popular.. What are they some new band from the midwest that just made it big out here? ( mind you, she's a good 15 years older than me).

At this point I was beside myself (along with half of the other people I work with, laughing at her). She then went on a "mission" as she said to find someone else in the hospital that hadn't heard of them either. She still hasnt found anyone. It's an ongoing joke with everyone at work now that she's never going to forget
smile.gif
kloguck.gif

I mean, I can see how maybe someone wouldnt be a fan... but how can someone be on the planet this long and not at least hear of these guys?
confused.gif
Poor, poor deprived woman...lol.
biggrin.gif

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

OMG that's almost like when my mom saw the elevation video and asked me if they were nsync of the backstreet boys. *embarrassment*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I love to paint. I don't think it's just the fumes, but it might be." ~Bono

"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow."

Oh, yeh.... people at my high school are all like that too.

"U-what?"
"Who's Bono?"
"Didn't he, like, die, or something?"

And my personal favorite:
"Eew! You LIKE them? Dude, they are so OLD!"

*seethes*
Well. More U2 for me.

------------------
Still not comin' down.

Originally posted by Sunrazor:

"U-what?"
"Who's Bono?"

*seethes*
Well. More U2 for me.

LOL...Definitely, more U2 for us is never a *bad* thing!
wink.gif

tania

------------------
All I Want Is You (2)

Ahh yes, I'm familiar with these kind of situations aswell... recently just before the stockholm concert, a relative was asking me about the concert. He mixed up Bono (pronouncing it in very bad Bow-no style) and Kurt Cobain and thought not only Bono was dead, but the whole band. I answered politely no, they're all fine and alive.
My parents hardly know who they are either... my dad pronounces U2 in swedish (our language) instead of in english... it sounds really weird! ( you swedish folks know how bad it sounds (U-tv?!), well most non english speaking persons should know really) other than this I haven't really met a person who's totally unaware of their existence, but I haven't met a real U2fan either
frown.gif
('xept on the net 'course!)

Damn, i woulda needed a hospital if someone said that to me!
wink.gif

Although in reality i get so many stupid blank stares from dorks who are so out of it.Sigh.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"U-what?"
"Who's Bono?"

*seethes*
Well. More U2 for me.

lol! I get that at school too!

are they new?
aren't they....OLD?
my mom likes them.

humbug!
like you said, more u2 for me more bono for me

worst -- people pronounce it like in sonny bono baahhhhh

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I love to paint. I don't think it's just the fumes, but it might be." ~Bono

"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow."

In American history last year we watched this video where different artists were singing Dust Bowl-era songs. Long-haired Bono came on, and I almost fell out of my chair. The camera spent the whole time zoomed in on his face, and his voice was gorgeous. Of course the rest of the class was like "Eeeeww, who's that? He looks like he's trying to hypnotize us!"
mad.gif

------------------
~Emily

Originally posted by BittersweetGirl:
In American history last year we watched this video where different artists were singing Dust Bowl-era songs. Long-haired Bono came on, and I almost fell out of my chair. The camera spent the whole time zoomed in on his face, and his voice was gorgeous. Of course the rest of the class was like "Eeeeww, who's that? He looks like he's trying to hypnotize us!"
mad.gif

He can hypnotize me baby!
smile.gif

tania

------------------
All I Want Is You (2)

I've told three of my friends now that U2 is NOT on the same range as NSYNC or Backstreet Boys (IE a boy band)... and they still didn't believe me!!
I really wonder how you can't know when you hear them on the 80's radio channel or on the alternative channel
rolleyes.gif

It's not U2-related, but I once heard this comment from someone, "Gee, I didn't know that Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings",
smile.gif

I once read some article where the author referred to Bono as a "wrinkly dinosaur"... and guess what year that was: 1997! Obviously, all people over 35 are automatically "old".

Hm, I have yet to meet anyone completely unaware of U2's existence.

But re. the Bow-no thing, I swear to you, 95% of Dutch U2 fans pronounce it like that! When I was waiting in line at the concert, I thought, they should just let the people who can pronounce it correctly into the heart. How hard can it be?

LOL at this thread. Where have people been for the last 20 years? Mars... although even the little green men are probably dancing around to U2!
I'm not saying people have to like em but not to have even heard of them- jeez!
confused.gif

Bow-no, that?s the fella with the white flag, right???

*only 18 years behind....there might still be some hope....*

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by Klodomir:

But re. the Bow-no thing, I swear to you, 95% of Dutch U2 fans pronounce it like that!

so true. ive heard 1 person say it correctly in arnhem. and i still cant believe ppl think With or Without You is a Kane-song (they covered it). And they call me stupid if I say it isnt Kane. :\

"Who's Bono?"

I graduated high school in 2000, but all through middle school and high school thse were the kind of comments I dealt with too. *lol* I was the only U2 fan around, apparently.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

[post resurrection time agin]

So Ragey, first off, I have to tell you I LOVE your Interference name, it's hilarious (and yet so very angry!)
smile.gif

Secondly I like your name because, well, *I* is raging too. Heh. And bleah. :p

Third, it's been about a week, and I'm just wondering if your coworker ever found anyone in the whole hospital that could go along with her excuse that she'd--GASP!--never heard of U2!! (what? was she in a cave? under a rock? livin' underground? eating from a can???)

and no, BONO IS NOT DEAD, DAMMIT!!!
rolleyes.gif
Sheesh. Some people.
rolleyes.gif

oh, and Bittersweet girl, WHAT video was long-haired Bono in so that we can all go hunt it down???

Originally posted by Discoteque:
[post resurrection time agin]

So Ragey, first off, I have to tell you I LOVE your Interference name, it's hilarious (and yet so very angry!)
smile.gif

Secondly I like your name because, well, *I* is raging too. Heh. And bleah. :p

Third, it's been about a week, and I'm just wondering if your coworker ever found anyone in the whole hospital that could go along with her excuse that she'd--GASP!--never heard of U2!! (what? was she in a cave? under a rock? livin' underground? eating from a can???)

Thanks Disco - I get a lot of comments on this name - not here as much - but more so since it's also my AOL SN. I like it because it comes from one of my favorite U2 songs
smile.gif

As for the NP - she still hasnt found anyone.
smile.gif
She has teenage kids that she went home and asked, and they were mortified, so I hear. Believe me - she's never going to hear the end of this one from me and a lot of other people!
smile.gif

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Back
Top Bottom