I think you'll get a laugh out of my sis's reaction to MTV-J/new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
My sis & I, plus mutual and sometimes other friends have been rocking out together at the live shows of our favorite and others rock & roll bands [solo artists} etc since the early 70's. So we've been rockin' since before U2. But I discovered them, amongst our group, and got most of them to become fans early on {80/81}.

I still am the most 'fannish' of us, though my sib & others have had their turns in the past. So sometimes my sis looks at me a little cross-eyed about it. {It's not like i don't have other major passions in life that i devote my time & energy in. I have plenty :D}.

So there we are having our xmas holiday get together, and we're now eating out. I had asked her last week to tape the MTV jammed show. She found out about what was happening in the Park, but she had no way she could break her after work attending avery important lecture...so she didn't want to hear a thing from me about it, at the very time [she was envious]. Don't blame her really...what with U2 riding around the city. But i got to tell her later on.

She said said no, because she was watching one of her fav shows. I was very proud of myself, i managed to curtail my annoyance! But i asked her since i had the schedual to tape it this past 12/14. She said ok. [phew]

At dinner, I tell her i finally got the new album the weekend before. So how is it she asked. I extoll my joy at it. Only getting about 4 or so sentances in, before she says "enuff"! So i shut up.

So she calls me at home mon nite to say...it's not listed. i said go ahead and try tapingy anyway.

So i get a call from her last night [tues].
"oh, it was on after all. It's fantastic! I was like 'gasp, ooohooooo' watching it! No WONDER you were so intense about it.

:D right again! [course i didn't say that.. she's foots the bill, then i pay her over time for all the major concerts i've seen ib the past bunch of years! we intend to see u2 again...of course...

Last edited:
My sister, when "I Will Follow" was being played at that show, came out into the living room and started rocking out to it (heh, you had to ask your sister? Aw. Mine actually offered to tape it for me, 'cause the only working VCR was in our room and she was going to be hanging out in there for a bit). :). She's a casual U2 listener-likes some of their songs, doesn't care much for others-but it's always nice when she shows some interest of some kind anyway :D.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom