I still know there was something I had to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ohmy: Thanks for the rant, actually. I am working on funding for my MA program and I'm finding the same thing... people just don't want to pay Master's students a damn thing :madspit:

So I somewhat feel your pain... I will be feeling it a lot more in the coming months when I not only make a major move to the most expensive city to live in in the US, but also undertake to pay for my MA by myself.

And on the other note: Jean-Luc :drool:

Resistance to his charms is futile!

hippy said:

Are you feeling any better Lies?

I have a sinus infection :banghead: <- I want to do that so my head will split open, all the snot will fall out, and then I won't feel like my face is in a vice.

BUT, my back is normal again, I bought my wedding dress, booked a photographer, got some As, and finished a 27 page human resources paper this past weekend. :shrug:

I'm not going to work tomorrow. I just plain don't feel like it. I have to figure out how to get a job and an apartment in Florida when I live in Michigan so that could take a while...

Oh, and if you need student loans, I recommend Citiassist. I owe them like $15,000 (of my 60k total), but they have low interest rates and you get rewarded for paying on time, etc.

Lurker stops by again, to claim victory: I've been accepted for an MSc in Edinburgh Uni for next year yay!! :bonodrum:
The not-so-yay part being that my sweet parents will have to pay a bunch of £ for this, but yay anyway!

And other happy shout: according to last week's Alias episode, Sexy Vaughn is still alive, yay again!

Now let's put the randomness aside, let's go work on those fecking exams. :(

PS: hope you feel better soon, LLABM!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I have a sinus infection :banghead: <- I want to do that so my head will split open, all the snot will fall out, and then I won't feel like my face is in a vice.

BUT, my back is normal again, I bought my wedding dress, booked a photographer, got some As, and finished a 27 page human resources paper this past weekend. :shrug:

I'm not going to work tomorrow. I just plain don't feel like it. I have to figure out how to get a job and an apartment in Florida when I live in Michigan so that could take a while...

Oh, and if you need student loans, I recommend Citiassist. I owe them like $15,000 (of my 60k total), but they have low interest rates and you get rewarded for paying on time, etc.

most of my $75k is in stafford loans, except for $19k that I had to get from Yale because I'd maxed out my stafford loans. Heh.

I'm glad you're (sort of) feeling better!
I've found putting heat (or cold) on my head helps.
Also, plugging your nose and sucking actually does work sometimes.

hippy said:
:ohmy: Thanks for the rant, actually. I am working on funding for my MA program and I'm finding the same thing... people just don't want to pay Master's students a damn thing :madspit:

So I somewhat feel your pain... I will be feeling it a lot more in the coming months when I not only make a major move to the most expensive city to live in in the US, but also undertake to pay for my MA by myself.

And on the other note: Jean-Luc :drool:

Resistance to his charms is futile!

oh yeah it is!

and I found out what happened to my registration petition

aaaand my mission for today is to go pester people until someone tells me what happened with my grants.

congrats advah! :wave:
what are you studying?

Stafford loans :drool: I always took the max for those as well, but it was never enough. Which reminds me, apparently there's a new round of fed. student loan consolidation to be had before July 1....

update: I have pestered my way into finding out if I get money... and I do! They gave me all my money!
They gave me $4500 to go live in the caribbean for the summer! HA HA suckers.

did I tell you guys my bellydance class had our big gala last saturday?
no?
well, here's some pictures...
http://oohsix.com/photos/yale/2006 spring/belly dancing gala/index.html
there's a TON but I recommend 183-191.. uh.. 23, 26, 45, 46, 49
there are other big group ones I'm in.. I look silly in most of them and you can see my underwear in ALL of them. But oh well. If I can show my jiggly belly to hundreds of strangers I can show you guys.

oh yeah, I'm the tubby really pale glowing girl in the orange skirt and the black hip scarf. If you don't know.

Kristie said:
oh yeah?
can you do that if you're still a student?
I've been holding off because I'm still taking out loans, but I should be done now, so...

Consolidate? Yes. The interest rate increased last year on July 1, so I consolidated a bunch before then. Now it's going up again on July 1, so I've got to see if I should consolidate this past school year's loans (taken out after last summer's interest hike). It's all very confusing to me, so I go to the FinAid office and give them my student number and they tell me what to do. They even have a computer station with the sole purpose of accessing the Dept of Ed site and doing the consolidation online. However, last year they told me to only consolidate certain kinds of loans because some stafford's already have fixed interest, etc. Sometimes they're relunctant to help, but I just go in there and make it sound like I'm not leaving until it's all straightened out. FinAid is their job, after all.

Kristie said:

congrats advah! :wave:
what are you studying?

Thanks! :D
Now I'm studying English, ie a boring lot of linguistics and American/English/sometimes Australian history and civilisation. But this master's is in English Lit. It's this actually , and I'll do my big research paper on a comparison between 19th c. Irish & Scottish literature, about the formation of national identities. But I'm already being very nerdie so I'll stop there. :reject:

Extra cool pics btw!!:ohmy: And I luuuuve the outfits!

Advah said:

Now I'm studying English, ie a boring lot of linguistics and American/English/sometimes Australian history and civilisation. But this master's is in English Lit. It's this actually , and I'll do my big research paper on a comparison between 19th c. Irish & Scottish literature, about the formation of national identities. But I'm already being very nerdie so I'll stop there. :reject:

thanks! :sexywink:
Your program sounds similar to the kinds of stuff I study... just more books and less digging holes :wink:

I had a paragraph about literature in scotland and national identity in the 19th century in my ceramics paper last semester... something about the novels of.. some guy whose name I can't remember (my paper's on my other computer) that wrote about scottish people, and the Scottish people really liked them, so the ceramics-makers started putting illustrations from the guy's novels on their plates and Scottish people bought them.
My paper was about why people bought certain patterns in the 19th century and what it can tell archaeologists when they find them.

everybody else: *eyes glaze over*

lies: thanks for the info, I'm always a little hazy on that kind of stuff... sounds like something I should look in to.

guys?
I just drank one large martini and I'm inebriated. I have such a wussy alcohol tolerance.

Also, somehow my little rock the casbah dance group agreed to dance for some random music major classical guitarist's recital next week provided he learned rock the casbah. This was after he played songs for us and we serenaded all of au bon pain (and before my martini!)

I had a good day today!
I got money, I got attention from cute guys, I had ice cream and and sang songs, my friend bought me a drink and I feel loved.
AND I finished my paper! and my other paper! WOO!

ok, and here's a tidbit... my random six degrees of U2 tidbit for the day

my little dance was to an arabic version of rock the casbah, right?
turns out Brian Eno is singing on the chorus
RANDOMNESS

Advah said:

Don't stop! This kind of thing fascinates me... I'm a lit nerd too! :D Headed back to school this fall for my Master's and your topic sounds really interesting. Part of what I'd like to explore in my own work is along those same lines... how identities (mostly the personal and social identities) are built

:drool:

I really can't wait to go back to school!

hippy said:

Actually... you might be able to!!! When are you moving down here?

October-ish, unless I'm required before that. We're going down in a few weeks, so I'll probably e-mail that one lady back (Pam?) because she said to contact her again when we were moving, but if she wants to see my resume or do an interview, I can come by at the end of the month. I can't move for sure until I have a job lined up. Phil also has some places to check out.

Yeah, hopefully. Wherever work is. Anywhere between FM or Goodland. Phil has a phone interview with the Lee County Parks and Rec (and can hopefully get a real interview when we're down there).

OMG, I'm at my parents b/c I built my mom a new computer and my dad is trying to install a new doorbell. He can't get the chime right. I think I'm going insane :huh:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Yeah, hopefully. Wherever work is. Anywhere between FM or Goodland. Phil has a phone interview with the Lee County Parks and Rec (and can hopefully get a real interview when we're down there).

OMG, I'm at my parents b/c I built my mom a new computer and my dad is trying to install a new doorbell. He can't get the chime right. I think I'm going insane :huh:

Phil works in the Parks and Rec field? Me too :).

If he's interested in Parks and Rec jobs in Florida, this is a good website http://web.frpa.org/jobline/

He probably knows about it already :reject:.

Hi Phil!
welcome to The Thread:wink:

I would like to work for the national parks service some day.

I am scuba certified now! As of a few hours ago! We did our open-water dives this weekend.
I'm thinking that since I have way too much money for my tiny island I might get some other training while I'm there. I could justify needing to be trained in wreck diving and advanced diving (So I can go deeper than 60ft)... or like... night diving.. or photography.. or NITROX.. or dry suits.. ice diving...

ok, dry suit and ice diving might be a little tougher.

Cool. The elderly are funny at times. I have a friend who works in a retirement community and she loves it.

Oh man...am I really a part of the Plebans thread? :wink:

Honestly, I don't come here much b/c I don't want to step on Lies'(livluv) toes or...overstep my interference bounds. I feel this is her area. I'll respect that. :D

:lol:

noboys.jpg

:lol:

We're helping you do South FL job research... so technically it's "official", right?

Any excuse to visit the girls' clubhouse ;)

Oh yeah, and Lies... Pam no longer works at the company... but go ahead and email her because I'm not quite sure who you're actually supposed to contact lol

On another note... can I please move to Boston now? :hyper: I'm very excited about it... and you know how tough that makes it to go to work everyday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom