I still know there was something I had to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what that guy did to be chased by the police and hauled out of his car... :hmm:

How's other life, twin? Are you back in CT now?

So.... I got my "no thanks" letter from Notre Dame today... which means it's now OFFICIALLY BOSTON!!!!!! :hyper: :D I'm so excited!

hippy said:
I wonder what that guy did to be chased by the police and hauled out of his car... :hmm:

How's other life, twin? Are you back in CT now?

So.... I got my "no thanks" letter from Notre Dame today... which means it's now OFFICIALLY BOSTON!!!!!! :hyper: :D I'm so excited!

I don't know!
I want to know!
the online paper doesn't say and the police department website doesn't say. I think all police department websites should have lists of people they've recently arrested. I would check it every day.

Yes, I'm back in CT and I have lots of work to do... and four weeks of classes left. Possibly ever. HOORAY!
oh, crap, I need to get a passport.

awww stupid notre dame.
yay for boston, though!
bring a coat!

I applied for a passport today
I'll be in the passport club!
because I was definately the only person I know who doesn't have one at all

it was an adventure, it took me 3 hours to get somewhere 13 miles away and involved me running out of gas.

Kristie said:
I applied for a passport today
I'll be in the passport club!
because I was definately the only person I know who doesn't have one at all

it was an adventure, it took me 3 hours to get somewhere 13 miles away and involved me running out of gas.

Huzzah for passports! I had to get one last year....I don't even know where it is :huh:

Does that mean you're definitely going to that tropical paradise?

Next on the-list-of-things-to-get-that-I-don't-have-yet: iPod, cell phone, car...in that order!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Huzzah for passports! I had to get one last year....I don't even know where it is :huh:

Does that mean you're definitely going to that tropical paradise?

Next on the-list-of-things-to-get-that-I-don't-have-yet: iPod, cell phone, car...in that order!

well, the guy's talking like I am, but he hasn't specifically said "congradulations! you get to come to the tropical paradise!"
but since it can take up to 6 weeks for the passport and I told him I could leave in 7... yeah
I was going to write him an email.. he told me that he was meeting with some dude last week and he'd have a more definite date for when I should leave then... and flights are just getting more and more expensive.

you should get a car before a cell phone.. they're definately overrated. I got one because I keep moving and almost all my calls are long-distance.

so... here's a some really random thoughts from Kristie:

you know what makes me feel snotty?
the libraries here have a thing online where you can request that a book be delivered to the circulation desk of the library of your choice. So, I just have all the books I want to check out delivered and don't even bother to go find them myself.
I justify it to myself by saying I have trouble finding books and figuring out their shelving system (I do), but in reality, I'm just lazy.

Also, I found out today that undergraduates at Yale whose families make less than $40,000 a year have their tuition waived. This means that were I an undergrad, I'd get free tuition. Were I a PhD student, I'd get paid to go here. But since I'm a master's student, I get absolutely nothing... we're not eligable for any scholarships or grants or fellowships just because we're master's students. I feel a little cheated, somehow.

On a related note, I think I found another grant that will give me some money. I went to talk to Burger (our program director) and he said he thinks the Caribbean could be considered part of mesoamerica and I should apply for the Albers fund. Albers fund = for research in pre-contact peoples in meso/south america... So in my grant application I had to talk a lot about the people who lived there before it was colonized and how we could find stuff of theirs since they were seafaring and all. A stretch, but not untrue. I also noticed that the information said that the chair of the council of archaeological studies is the guy who decides who gets money... and that happens to be Burger. He was all talking about how it should solve my problems... so, that sounds good, right? I think so.

Hmm... let's see... I have two papers and a project due in about a month that I haven't started. Whoops. The project will be started tomorrow, at least.

I hate school. But I only have three more weeks of class left ever! Hooray!

Wow it has been a long time since the last post in this thread :reject:

twin, how's the school thing going? and how about the tiny island of st. eustasius?

and I just cut my hair... for the first time in 8 years. Those of you who've met me know how long it was... now it is shoulder length :ohmy:

hippy said:
Wow it has been a long time since the last post in this thread :reject:

twin, how's the school thing going? and how about the tiny island of st. eustasius?

and I just cut my hair... for the first time in 8 years. Those of you who've met me know how long it was... now it is shoulder length :ohmy:

wow!
You realize we need pictures now.

I approve of Bono's haircut.
Now it's Larry's turn, man. He's starting to look like a trucker. I need one too... I'm actually thinking about cutting it short when I get to my tiny island, depending on if I'm going to be doing a lot of diving.

School sucks but I only have 1.5 weeks of class left EVER... but it sucks. And now I will give you a run-down of why it sucks and it's all because of...
Egyptian Religion: Next week we have a final on Thursday. The week after that we have a five page paper AND a 20 page paper due. This sucks because A) two papers in one week, and B) most classes that make the only grad students do a big paper don't make them take the final.
Great Discoveries in Archaeology: This class does not suck. All I have left for it is a couple lectures and a final in four weeks (after finals week, which confuses me)
Arch lab: I have a big project to do, but it's not due for four weeks. That's it for that class.
Human Osteology: This class does not suck either. Final in three weeks, it used to be that we had a paper due in a week but he said we could not do it if we wanted and just have the final worth more and I'm all about that. Tests yes, papers no!

Tiny island, haven't heard anything lately. I JUST (like 2 seconds ago) sent them an email, because he told me 3 weeks ago he was meeting with a guy "next week" and would have more for me after that, but I haven't heard anything since, and plane tickets are getting really expensive.

aaand... that's the story of my life right now. It doesn't help much that bellydance class is having practice EVERY DAY next week.

You're finishing class and I'm excited to START classes again :D

And pictures will be coming along as soon as I take one that looks halfway decent...

And now I have to check out Bono's new do... I'm not too up on the U2 thing right now :reject:

PICTURES!

My long hair...

128987463_866ab60b5f_o.jpg

My new hair :D :heart:

128987464_0a98020070_o.jpg

Kim, it's so pretty! That's how I want my hair styled. I was growing it out, but then when we took gymnastics again it kept getting in my face so I let my little sis hack it off. Now I want to grow it until right before my wedding.

So, I messed up my back again and having to carry around a baby all morning made it hurt to breathe. Taylor gave me some vicodin. My back still hurts and I'm really sleepy. :yawn:

I'm torn with my hair right now
It's not long enough to effectively put back and it won't be for many moons. If I have to do a lot of diving on my tiny island I might think about chopping it all off... because hair gets caught in scuba masks and turns into a big mat when you're underwater long enough.
We'll see!

In my experience vicodin doesn't make things not hurt, it just knocks me out so I don't notice (or if I can't sleep, makes me not really care).
Mostly knocks me out.
I fell asleep at a Eric Clapton concert because of vicodin.

I dunno what's wrong with me now. My back is getting better, I must've just pulled it wrong while watching the baby, but today I felt like shit. No sickness in particular, I just felt like I didn't want to open my eyes. I stayed in bed until I had to give my presentation, then came straight home and sat on the couch doing nothing even though it was 80 outside and I was scheduled to work 9 hours today. At least I picked my new wedding dress tonight. Still feel like shit inside, though.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I dunno what's wrong with me now. My back is getting better, I must've just pulled it wrong while watching the baby, but today I felt like shit. No sickness in particular, I just felt like I didn't want to open my eyes. I stayed in bed until I had to give my presentation, then came straight home and sat on the couch doing nothing even though it was 80 outside and I was scheduled to work 9 hours today. At least I picked my new wedding dress tonight. Still feel like shit inside, though.

Are you feeling any better Lies?

On a completely unrelated note: Twin, I need your assistance with grad school! Did you actually get instruction about what classes to register for?

HAHAhahahaaha you're funny

no, I didn't, but normal schools should give you instruction... do you have an advisor or a director of your program? Ask them. If they're not helpful find a non-first year in your program and ask THEM. If there really is no help with it, I'm sure all of them went through the frustration that you went through and would probably be happy to help.

I don't know how your program works but in mine they really don't give a damn what classes you take as long as you fulfill the requirements for your degree.

and now I will complain, because this relates to all the problems I'm having right now

In my case, I have the worst-managed program that has been ever created... fortunately we didn't have to actually register for classes until a few weeks after they started, so we had time to hunt down other master's students and say "WHAT IS GOING ON?!?" We had no advisors and our director guy (his name's Burger) is basically totally useless. We still complain about this man basically every day.

For instance, here are problems that are basically his fault:
The man has apparently lost my petition for continuing registration... you have fill out this form to remain a student once you're done with classes.

We have a few grants that he decides who gets them that were supposed to be announced two mondays ago, and they still haven't been announced.

NOBODY knows what the hell to do with our theses and people keep asking him and he keeps not telling us.

The library made me cry a few weeks ago because I was supposed to get a registration packet in January with a new sticker for my ID so I could get in the library... did I get it? No. Did anyone tell us where to get it? No. Did they tell the PhD students and not us? Of course.

Speaking of things the PhD students get and not us... at the beginning of this year the PhD students got this meeting with packets about what courses to take and what is expected of your dissertation. We got kicked out into the hall.

They also get stipends and we aren't even eligable for scholarships or grants or fellowships or anything... basically either you pay the $45,000/year or you take out a loan. They won't let us have a job.

Speaking of money, how about that research for theses? PhD students are all guaranteed a certain amount (I don't know how much, but I know it's at least $10,000) for dissertation research. They also don't pay tuition and get stipends. We pay it all and get....... nothing. There are a few grants for undergrads we can apply for that are for specific areas of research, but they claim to only cover travel costs.

Forgive my rant, I'm just horribly frustrated today about that grant thing. I'm supposed to leave in about three weeks, I don't have the money for this trip, and I don't want to start taking out loans until I know how much money Yale's gonna give me, but they won't tell me. Mr. Tiny Island won't talk with me about when to come down there until I know if I have funding. I guess they're waiting for someone to sign the checks before they send them out, but you'd think they could email us and tell us if we even got any money considering it's for summer research and the semester ends in two weeks.

anyway.
:madwife:

but on a happier note... the star trek where captain picard gets assimilated by the Borg was on today!
I tape star trek and watch it later.
So I am watching it now.
This is one of the best episodes EVER.

tnglocutus03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom