I still know there was something I had to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hippy said:

FRICKIN A! I'm so excited :D

Are you in the pit? Or did you tell me you and your sister are in seats for this one?

I'm planning on being there around 3 pm (early enough to be first in line for the pit!) lol

No, I think we're in the very last row of seats :lol:. That's okay, we didn't get the tickets until after it was re-scheduled (wasn't it originally supposed to be in the fall?).

I get to go home on Friday!
except I'm not actually getting home until Saturday because I'm going Amtrak. But still!

My doggies and kitties will be very happy to see me.

and my parents.

Snooooooooooow!!:dancing: Yesterday morning we got a LOT of snow, almost like a storm, that was gorgeous! Then at 2pm we had blue sky, and everything's almost melted now.:|

There's no salt or sand on the pavements or roads though, it's killingly icy.

I strongly suspect the authorities of trying to get rid of the old folks around here.

kellyahern said:

I checked, we're in row Z :lol:.

So we've got the front and the back covered! :lol:

Seriously, I'm sure the show is fantastic from whereever you sit! I had some friends who were on the lawn for the WPB show last year and they said it was fantastic!

And it's supposed to be absolutely PERFECT weather tomorrow! :drool:

Say 'hi' to Chris from me!:wink:

Hope you'll have a great time, and sure you will. Coldplay...:drool:

kellyahern said:
It was fun :).

I am sooooooooooooo tired today though :reject:

Kim, how long did it take you to get out of the parking lot? It took us 45 minutes :huh: .

We actually hung around for awhile after the show (buying merch and chatting) and apparently we got there early enough that I parked in the "employee" lot! :lol: I was able to drive right out with no traffic :reject:

How'd you like the show? :D

lies: that's too bad, did something happen?

I'm glad you guys had fun with coldplay! Because I know coldplay is fun!

I'm at home now but I'm on the pokey-net so I haven't been online so much. Though with the laptop I can sit on the couch and be online instead of sit in the basement all alone, which is nice.

I have the latest update on the tiny island of st. eustatius, if anyone cares!

status: All the stuff I am responsible for is sent to where it needs to go, and I'm just waiting on people to write letters of recommendation for me... they're being emailed 'cause I guess the mail out there is a little flaky.

Anyway, I got this email today in response to the one where I sent him all the stuff he wanted for me:

Kristie,

Thanks for the paperwork. If you could fill out an application form (attached) and just
put MA intern in the Excavation Experience Session area we will have some basic
information. As soon as we get letters (via email) from your supervisors, you can book
your flights. When is the earliest you can leave Yale?

Regards,
Grant

"book your flight" means I'm going, right? Provided none of my letters of recommendation say my name is Legion? He'd be talking about considering my application or something if he wasn't sure, and not flight booking... right?

and now the new problem... where the hell am I going to get the money for this?
Dave seems convinced they're going to pay me. It'd be awesome, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think they might give me free housing, though.

Kristie said:
lies: that's too bad, did something happen?

Actually, nothing happened. I can't find anyone with a vehicle in decent working condition :mad: Also, one housemate is getting wisdom teeth removed so I promised to watch movies and feed her ice cream. Another housemate stupidly signed up to work 8-5 everyday so I should stick around and hang out.

I'll be in Alabama the first week in April, and Fort Myers is only 9 hours from there :hmm:

oh, and we have a good bit of snow here. Go away winter! But I'll be in Dallas next week and it is warm there.

umm...
giz has an owie... he broke his dewclaw a few days ago way up in the meaty part, so it was broken in half but all the parts were still stuck on. It wasn't infected and didn't seem to hurt him TOO bad, so we took him to the vet today and by the time we got there the dangly part had ripped off. They said he'd be fine and put a little bandage on it. They also said he might have a herniated disk in his back.

I have a cold.

kitties are fine and say hi

dougal says hi too, he's getting fat

...I guess that's it.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Actually, nothing happened. I can't find anyone with a vehicle in decent working condition :mad: Also, one housemate is getting wisdom teeth removed so I promised to watch movies and feed her ice cream. Another housemate stupidly signed up to work 8-5 everyday so I should stick around and hang out.

I'll be in Alabama the first week in April, and Fort Myers is only 9 hours from there :hmm:

only nine hours, that's all :lol:
Alabama's still warm! What'll you be doing there?

Kristie said:

only nine hours, that's all :lol:
Alabama's still warm! What'll you be doing there?

See when it comes to roadtrips, I see in black and white. If it's within a day's drive for two people, it's considered very doable. Anything else is too far :shrug:

We're going to Gulf Shores for the "normal" spring break period. There's like 30 of us that all pack into a single beach house and basically chill for a week. The men fish, the women lounge, the babies sleep. A win-win situation if you ask me.

I guess nine hours isn't too bad for two people... alone, not so fun. In my opinion. I hate driving (and it gives me migraines).

sounds like a fun break :up:

Kristie said:

"book your flight" means I'm going, right? Provided none of my letters of recommendation say my name is Legion?

I would consider that a good sign :yes: And hey, maybe they'll want you more if your name is Legion... more people to do the work! :tongue:

As for money, perhaps you can politely ask (after they've officially said "Come on down") what kind of arrangements can be made... that way you can find out for sure. I'm sure they get that question all of the time. :up:

Congrats, twin! :)

Random post: http://www.relaxorium.com/wallpaper/l1024.html
Some of them cracked me up. :D

And other random link: http://indiebr.blogspot.com/ with a loooot of videos, including a looooot of Coldplay ones..:drool:
Talking about Coldplay, I've been listening to the Scientist on repeat since last night, I've spent the day humming it, I've had my naps with my iPod cause I couldn't stop listening to it. Maybe I should do something..:nerd:

The past 24 hours have sucked big time. First I get a letter from the treasury because I'm being audited. Then the tour is postponed, not that I was going, but that sucks for Edge. Then I wake up in the middle of the night, sick. In the morning it's even worse, so I miss a whole day of school, including my human resource management exam. Now I have to take the exam next week, but I already have a communication theory exam on Monday night. Then to top it off, Phil comes over and is worried because he's constantly paranoid about his brain and now suffering from pseudo-seizures.

/pity party

At least it's supposed to be in the mid-60s on Saturday.

I've had a pretty shitty 24 hours myself.
Suffice it to say, I'm going to see Dave in Dallas on Saturday and when the week's over it's possible I might leave and never come back.

Then I will go to the tiny island of St. Eustatius and they will say "wow Kristie, you are wonderful!" and offer me a job and I will live in the Caribbean and find myself a little island boy.

Dougal loves me. He sits by me on the couch.

Kristie said:
I've had a pretty shitty 24 hours myself.
Suffice it to say, I'm going to see Dave in Dallas on Saturday and when the week's over it's possible I might leave and never come back.

Then I will go to the tiny island of St. Eustatius and they will say "wow Kristie, you are wonderful!" and offer me a job and I will live in the Caribbean and find myself a little island boy.

Dougal loves me. He sits by me on the couch.

Never go back to Dave? Or never go back in general b/c the Caribbean is a far superior option?

It's finally starting to warm up here, and by warm up I mean warmer than 20 degrees. I keep telling myself this is my last winter...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Never go back to Dave? Or never go back in general b/c the Caribbean is a far superior option?

It's finally starting to warm up here, and by warm up I mean warmer than 20 degrees. I keep telling myself this is my last winter...

both!

so, I talked him today and he broke up with me

then he called me back about an hour later and said he loves me and wants to work things out... except I'd cancelled my (nonrefundable) flight (that he paid for) to Dallas already.
So he's trying to find me another one... I figure, if nothing else, I can spend a little while in nice warm Texas at his expense and kick him in the balls personally.

Kristie said:

both!

so, I talked him today and he broke up with me

then he called me back about an hour later and said he loves me and wants to work things out... except I'd cancelled my (nonrefundable) flight (that he paid for) to Dallas already.
So he's trying to find me another one... I figure, if nothing else, I can spend a little while in nice warm Texas at his expense and kick him in the balls personally.

:hug:

If there's anything I can do to help... let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom