I saw Bono today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Bono, Ohio that is. LOL. :D Can you stand it!? There is a village not far from my University named Bono. I'm not sure how you pronounce it, but I drove threw part of it this afternoon. (Mostly just farm country.) When I saw the sign, I started freaking out. I think I scared my friend, lol. Back home in Pittsburgh, I've seen a Clayton Avenue and a Lawrence St.

Which brings us to the point of the post...

Have you ever encountered any U2 "inspired" geograhic locations?

Fishy and I went to the intersection of Joshua Tree and Blue Sky once

BUT THE PICTURES DID NOT TURN OUT GOOD

I used to live near a Clayton Street, and now live a block away from Laurence (I know, not the same spelling but still....).

There's a bar near us called Bono's, but to this day I have never gone in there.

Also, we have an Edgewood Apartment complex in the area.

There's a Lois Lane street near my mom's workplace. :lol:

In New York

there is an Adam Clayton Blvd

but it's in Harlem and fishy wouldn't take me :( :tongue:

I have a piccie of myself at the intersection of Park Edge and Dunes Edge....can't find it in my snapfish account though......

There are condos I pass by on my way to school called "The Edge" LOL. I crack up everytime I see it

as a side note: in Dublin I was walking around and found a "Lemon St." LOL So i took a pic of it! my family didn't understand why I had a random street sign in my photos...oh well...

~Angelfire~

We used to have a Larry's Lounge in a nearby town, but it closed down. :(

There's a Clayton's Cleaners in that same town. We also have an Edgewood Drive and an Edgewood Cemetary.

Back home, my friends and I used to crank call a guy named Clayton Mullen (yeah, we were slightly immature and easily amused...kind of like how we are today...:D).

There's a Bono's BBQ place sorta near the campus. I haven't gone yet though...looks scary cos it's kinda in the boondocks (sp?) but hey, it DOES have the man's name on it. LOL. The closer u get to the city on the freeway u can see billboard signs w/a huge pink pig that says Bono's BBQ. I know they sell t-shirts though so i'll probably go in just to buy one. LOL....oh yea and there was this Wendy's commercial that featured a garage sale in Dublin, Ohio too. I'll never look at Wendy's the same way ever again.

Last edited:
Theres a shop in a small residential street nearby me called 'The Edge', something to do with glasscutting or something! I'd never seen it before but when I walked back from the town a few months ago I finally noticed it since I took the other way home for once! :D

I would steal a Bono street sign if I were you!!! :ohmy:
(I once brought home from Italy the street sign of the village my husband is from, and now we have it hung in our yard!)
To be honest, my friends and I have searched on Mapquest for Bono roads in or near San Jose, but no luck!!!
I did once go to a Bono restaurant in Palm Springs and got to take home matches with Bono written on them, very cool!

There's a district in Birmingham called Edgewood. Some of the local businesses are named after it. It's totally nondescript.

I found a Bono Brothers Amoco in our area. Also a company called Edge Technology Management...I think he would approve. :yes:

There's a club in Italy called BonaVox, I think; can't remember correctly anymore, but it was something like this.

The Italian river Adige is pronounced 'Edge' in German. :lmao:

k now i thought u were going to say u met Bono and that u took pics and spoke to him.I was going to tell u how lucky u were......u also nearly gave me a heartattack......:rant: i was also gettin ready for u to give Adam a lil greetin from me if u ever bounced up to him again.

EveClayton said:
k now i thought u were going to say u met Bono and that u took pics and spoke to him.I was going to tell u how lucky u were......u also nearly gave me a heartattack......:rant: i was also gettin ready for u to give Adam a lil greetin from me if u ever bounced up to him again.
Awwww, :cute: :laugh: you're disappointed and angry now! :mac: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom