I Saw BONO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sevikins

Refugee
Yeah, I was at the Graduate center... no tickets but I hung around. He tricked us all at the beginning, entering at the side entrance. I was a bit disppointed but then I came back about an hour an a half later and waited around on the sides and there he was... man, he was gorgeous!!! He was wearing those flesh coloured glasses and the camo hat... nothing flashy really on him, just a (imo) "geezer blazer" Like tweed? Still sexy though! :drool: He was walking to his big 4X4 vehicle... not an explorer but as big as that. Well he didn't have enough time to do pictures but I managed to get an autograph!!!
Thing is... how am I supposed to listen to my UF album now? LOL
Guess I'm going to have to buy a new one!

Last edited:
Congratulations that's really cool! :happy: I was hoping to hear if he showed up today or not!

Please tell us more! Did he still have that beard or did he shave? What about his hair, any cute curls sticking out? Was this a new 'geezer' jacket we've never seen? What color was it? What did he do? Any pics from the news?

Last edited:
Nope unfortunately, the security personnel were all like, "he has to catch his plane" and these two :censored: :censored: were all up in his face so all I could get was his autograph... but that was even hard! The car was pulling away and he still had it in his hand! I had to almost hang off the car to get it back.
As for the clothing... it was brownish red. Nice material... sort of how you would find overcoats... like wooly at the touch. The hair was under the hat so I couldn't really tell... he had a bit of scruff, not so bad but I still would prefer him clean shaven!

"too much sex"

Here's a personal account from a girl who was there:

BONO: A CONVERSATION

Before I start, I'd just like to say that it is impossible to NOT love that man after seeing him in person. He is truly a "fucking brilliant" person.

So anyway?the adventure started at around 1.15 when Nicole and I arrived at the CUNY grad center, there were already around 20 people there so I decided to hold my spot and wait it out. We made friends with these two women in front of us, they were both fans from the beginning, something I'm highly envious of?one of them saw them as far back as the War tour! I'd love to have been at one of those shows. But, I digress. They were really cool and it was nice to talk to someone else who is as passionate about the band as you are.

At 2.30 they relocated us to inside, were we got our new tickets with the right date on them and were put on another line to wait for another hour before they let us in the auditorium. I was getting very excited?hell I was excited for the past month. But it was finally coming down to actual minutes before I would see him before me in all his short Irish glory.

4.00 arrived and it was show time. I had gotten pretty close seats?not front row but I was level with the stage and was in Bono's direct view path if he were to look straight out into the crowd (which he did at one point!! He was looking RIGHT at me I swear..).

Before I knew it, he was there on stage. It was so surreal still, I thought I was watching it on television?BUT I WASN'T! the interview was good, I thought, and there were definitely some memorable moments here and there. Lighting up one of his cigarettes with a fan, dancing with that girl even though his back was bad, the impressions he did of people. Probably my favorite moment was one of the first things that came out of his mouth?

Q: So?your back had some problems?how is that?
A: I'VE BEEN HAVING WAY TOO MUCH SEX FOR A MAN MY AGE.

:shocked: :eek: :silent:

*dies* ok. Ok, I'm fine, really. I just want to switch places with Ali for a day. Or a year.

Unfortunately I didn't get an autograph, he supposedly had a plane to catch right away, he was going to DC or something. When it was over he pretty much flew out, they were pushing him to go, so really only a few people got him?less than 10 I think. For some reason I don't believe it, I'll have to wait and find out?but I did get many pictures, so I hope to get them developed soon!

All in all it was a sexy day spent with a sexy man. He said "sexy" once?I forgot what he was talking about, though?no matter to me, him saying "sexy" is oh so sexy. I COULD HAVE DIED FROM THAT ACCENT!!

if you go to the U2News thread about the conversations, I posted some pics. don't know if the brown jacket is in them.

Everyone make sure to read Diane's story! She's amazing! Just go to U2News and check it out there - and w/ pics!! :wave: :combust:

Re: "too much sex"

Aaah, Diane L and Sevikins, I am so envious of you guys!

U2Kitten said:
Before I start, I'd just like to say that it is impossible to NOT love that man after seeing him in person. He is truly a "fucking brilliant" person.

I like that statement.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
4.00 arrived and it was show time. I had gotten pretty close seats?not front row but I was level with the stage and was in Bono's direct view path if he were to look straight out into the crowd (which he did at one point!! He was looking RIGHT at me I swear..).

Before I knew it, he was there on stage. It was so surreal still, I thought I was watching it on television?BUT I WASN'T! the interview was good, I thought, and there were definitely some memorable moments here and there. Lighting up one of his cigarettes with a fan, dancing with that girl even though his back was bad, the impressions he did of people. Probably my favorite moment was one of the first things that came out of his mouth?

Q: So?your back had some problems?how is that?
A: I'VE BEEN HAVING WAY TOO MUCH SEX FOR A MAN MY AGE.

:shocked: :eek: :silent:

*dies* ok. Ok, I'm fine, really. I just want to switch places with Ali for a day. Or a year.

LOL, I don't think she's the only one...

Can't believe Bono said that-haha!

Originally posted by U2Kitten
All in all it was a sexy day spent with a sexy man. He said "sexy" once?I forgot what he was talking about, though?no matter to me, him saying "sexy" is oh so sexy. I COULD HAVE DIED FROM THAT ACCENT!!

Where is this girl, she should join the PLEBA community if she hasn't already!

Cool story.

I hope to be as lucky and have my own meeting Bono experience someday. That'd be sweet.

Angela

Any ideas where we can find a transcipt of the conversation? Was he lighting a fan's cigarette or his own? I want him in fine form for the oscars.

I met Bono!

I am one of the lucky few who met Bono! I was second row to the right of where he walked onto the stage. After a brilliant interview and lots of Bono humor, a little voice inside my head said its now or never here's your shot! As the interview wraped up I hopped over the seat in front of me and ran up to the stage. I called his name and Bono walked right over to me, kneeled down and I told him my name and that it was my birthday and asked him if he'd sign my ticket. He said oh, it's your birthday! I said yes and he wrote happy birthday Heather, Bono!! (as he leaned on my achtung baby cd to write) I almost dropped dead right there, I was face to face with Bono actually having a brief conversation. I could not believe he actuallly came over to me and kneeled down! This has been the absolute best birthday ever...... If by chance anyone happened to get a picture of my moment, please post it or email it to me. Thanks!!!

Re: I met Bono!

Heather said:
I am one of the lucky few who met Bono! I was second row to the right of where he walked onto the stage. After a brilliant interview and lots of Bono humor, a little voice inside my head said its now or never here's your shot! As the interview wraped up I hopped over the seat in front of me and ran up to the stage. I called his name and Bono walked right over to me, kneeled down and I told him my name and that it was my birthday and asked him if he'd sign my ticket. He said oh, it's your birthday! I said yes and he wrote happy birthday Heather, Bono!! (as he leaned on my achtung baby cd to write) I almost dropped dead right there, I was face to face with Bono actually having a brief conversation. I could not believe he actuallly came over to me and kneeled down! This has been the absolute best birthday ever...... If by chance anyone happened to get a picture of my moment, please post it or email it to me. Thanks!!!

DAMN!!! F*cking amazing!!!!

OMG, Heather, you are SOOO LUCKY!!!
Btw: Happy Belated! :wave:
Your birthday too, that is awesome.

Oh yeah... I went to the store to get the TIMES but I haven't seen anything in the ARTS section... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr and nothing on their site... maybe someone would have a transcript up soon. I'd sure as hell want to hear it.

Last edited:

Heather said:

WOOOOOOW! That's so fecking deaaaaaaaaaaaaadly! :hyper:
As it was your b-day you should have also asked him for a little peck ont he cheek. :sexywink:

Nice pics of his face :cute:

timestalks1.jpg

timestalks4.jpg

Heather said:

Argh...

Correction: I am envious of Diane L, Sevikins, AND you.

That is so cool! What a fantastic birthday experience!

What a frickin' sweetheart Bono is...love how he acts to his fans, that's just awesome you got that chance.

:up:.

Angela

Re: What A Birthday Present!!!

Oh, Heather, congratulations! What a wonderful birthday gift you've gotten! Every person in that auditorium wanted a little extra attention from Bono, and you got it! Good for you!!!
Diane

Heather! Fan-tas-tic!!! I am so happy for you that you got *Bono* as a Birthday gift! I sure love your Boldness! And you Had Better of gotten a kiss! Should of-in That green sweater he was wearing,that face-Uh-la-la!! What a memory, eh? Bono Is so sweet to his fans!! LOve that Man!

Back
Top Bottom