I rented Rattle and Hum!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I saw it tonight at Hollywood Video and I had to rent it. I've never seen it before. Sadly, I can't watch it until tommorow afternoon cause I have to work tommorow morning, and, therefore, must get some sleep.

I'm so excited though!!!!

Let's post some Rattle and Hum/Josha Tree Pics!!!

Attachments

• rattle and hum inside.jpg
    rattle and hum inside.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 103
i stole it from my brother (months ago and he's not getting it back!)

i love it SOOOOOOOO much! especially the "it's a musical journey" part...makes me laugh...and...actually, i like the whole thing...

Gah, I can't wait! It's even got it on dvd w/bonus tracks! *cryz*

Stupid job.

madonna's child said:
Gah, I can't wait! It's even got it on dvd w/bonus tracks! *cryz*

Stupid job.

You're so lucky. I own Rattle and Hum, but it is on VHS, so no bonus tracks. I've never seen them.

Anyway, R&H is great. Enjoy!

Oooo awesome vid!!! Have a blast. :D
The Larry in Graceland part rocks! He's such a sweetie.

labo-jt3.jpg

heh, i'm currently about 2 hours into the r&h outtakes that char sent me (*hugs*), but i haven't had much of a chance to watch them...it's definately a good movie though...well worth it

i'm super surprised that they had it at that video store...i've never seen anything u2ey at a store...cept mdh...

Stories for Boys said:
heh, i'm currently about 2 hours into the r&h outtakes that char sent me (*hugs*)

can't waaaait for mine

R and H pictures you say? :evil:
no, I'll only post one (okay, two) for now, I sweear

Attachments

• wowybono6(u).jpg
    wowybono6(u).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 75
Rattle and Hum rocks!!! I got it just over a month ago for my Birthday and I absolutely love it. I love the bit where Heartland is playing and they're sitting by the side of that road.

Does anyone have a picture of that part at the end of....drat, I can't remember which song, but where the camera's on the left side of Bono and he's shilloueted and you can see the light all round the edges of his hat? I can't remember which song it is, but it's a slow one I think, because he's just standing there singing and not leaping around like a mad man.

Truly said:
Does anyone have a picture of that part at the end of....drat, I can't remember which song, but where the camera's on the left side of Bono and he's shilloueted and you can see the light all round the edges of his hat?

RTSS?

RHsilhouette.jpg

Well,...::smothers laughter::...it's a musical journey...

::band cracks up laughing::

It was from that part that I could never understand why people thought Rattle and Hum was so pompous. There are a lot of funny moments in that film, and moments where the guys laugh at themselves. Anyway, enjoy Rattle and Hum--it's an essential for JT-era U2 fans at the very least, esp. if JT-era Bono is your favorite (as he is mine!).

I love the movie and hot JT pics! Bono is so sexy in it!

Attachments

• 0rattle.jpg
    0rattle.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 66
Stories for Boys said:

i love it SOOOOOOOO much! especially the "it's a musical journey" part...makes me laugh...and...actually, i like the whole thing...

Yeah, the 'it's a musical journey' part is so strange and a thing between Larry and Adam especially. When they both can't suppress their laughing, when the other desperately tries to explain the reasons to do Rattle & Hum.

*just love it*

My two personal fave R&H moments (the ones that get my heart rate up):

1. When Bono's shirt is being changed backstage (sometimes breathing is difficult)

2. When our Bono rubs his pocket during Exit (get the slo-mo button ready)

:yes: :eek: :heart: :heart:

attachment.php

attachment.php

[color=royal blue]:drool: I wanna EAT that entire movie.......

Fishy, next time I'll be watching it alone......

seriously.....omd......:drool:

*SWEAT* Ok
[/color]

I watched it! It was delightfully U2-licious. My comments:

1. The only thing I didn't like about it was there wasn't a lot of interviews. I'm sure you girls have never seen the Madonna movie Truth or Dare, it is a rockumentary of the Blonde Ambition Tour. But, it has a lot of interview/Madonna talking, not just songs. I thought that's what Rattle and Hum would be, so I was a little disappointed there.

2. Larry is just too cute in this entire movie. Just adorable.

3. Adam is also really adorable.

4. Hobo Edge looks pretty hot. :ohmy:

5. It's intresting to see how Bono's performance mannerisms have changed with time. The only other U2 concert video I've seen is Elevation. Bono performs so differently on Rattle and Hum. He's much more feminine, really Mick Jagger. There is a lot of hip action.

6. All their clothes are bad. But it was the 80's, so I forgive.

7. In God's Country live is fabulous.

8. I didn't like how the shoot the outdoor stadium performances in color, but the rest of the movie was black and white. It was silly.

9. I started freaking out during With or Without You. Bono, I guess, is improving lyrics and he sings something like, "We'll shine like stars in the summer sky, shine like stars in the winter sky... one hope, one life, ONE LOVE." I was like, Bono, you're singing a lyric for a song you have yet to write. How eeiry.

10. I don't have a tenth comment. But it's a good number.

Anyway, loved the movie!!!

madonna's child said:

1. The only thing I didn't like about it was there wasn't a lot of interviews. I'm sure you girls have never seen the Madonna movie Truth or Dare, it is a rockumentary of the Blonde Ambition Tour. But, it has a lot of interview/Madonna talking, not just songs. I thought that's what Rattle and Hum would be, so I was a little disappointed there.

2. Larry is just too cute in this entire movie. Just adorable.

3. Adam is also really adorable.

4. Hobo Edge looks pretty hot. :ohmy:

5. It's intresting to see how Bono's performance mannerisms have changed with time. The only other U2 concert video I've seen is Elevation. Bono performs so differently on Rattle and Hum. He's much more feminine, really Mick Jagger. There is a lot of hip action.

7. In God's Country live is fabulous.

8. I didn't like how the shoot the outdoor stadium performances in color, but the rest of the movie was black and white. It was silly.

9. I started freaking out during With or Without You. Bono, I guess, is improving lyrics and he sings something like, "We'll shine like stars in the summer sky, shine like stars in the winter sky... one hope, one life, ONE LOVE." I was like, Bono, you're singing a lyric for a song you have yet to write. How eeiry.

10. I don't have a tenth comment. But it's a good number.

Anyway, loved the movie!!!

1. Me too, I wish they would have talked more. The interviews and backstage moments are the best things on the film.

2. This is how I fell in love with this man. He's so boyish and funny and even sentimental, I couldn't help but love him.

3. Adam looks really good.

4. I like Edge better now.

5. Yes, he has a whole different style now. Did you notice how much he leaned forward, what's with that?:huh:

6. I liked Larry's tight jeans and Bono's suspenders w/o shirt, but I would die laughing if I saw them dressed like that nowadays.

7. Isn't it? Especially the drums much more defined than on the record.

8. I also wish there'd been more parts in color, especially Graceland.

9. Didn't you think that was the best version of WOWY ever? And that Bono looked absolutely beautiful?

I'm glad you liked it. It's a great U2ey experience to watch that.

Last edited:
madonna's child said:

As a child of the 80's I most protest!!!!!!!! ;)

They looked so hot in those clothes (they still do in most photos)

compared to what other people were wearing at that time, it wasn't all that bad.

daisybean said:

As a child of the 80's I most protest!!!!!!!! ;)

They looked so hot in those clothes (they still do in most photos)

compared to what other people were wearing at that time, it wasn't all that bad.

I also agree with Daisy... I was a child of the 70s/80s and I WORE those clothes. I had suspenders.... I wore two-toned clothes - you know, a black turtleneck with a white overshirt and the sleeves rolled up... white pants, with black socks over white socks and black shoes. I was a lean, mean, black and white dancing machine. I thought I was cool. I also rolled up my pants. I also had a jean skirt with a zipper up the front that went from the bottom to the top. I wore a mini skirt with a crop top. Yup. And, oh yeah... I had big hair. I was cool. :D

By the way... in the R&H video, be very watchful of the VERY beginning - right when U2's version of Helter Skelter starts - right when Bono raises his arms and says "yeah yeah" - look at the people in the front row... there's a big tall guy jumping up and down and going nuts. That's my friend Tiny. He's 6 foot 6 and he does the Pogo Dance. He jumps straight up and down and let me tell you, he gets some air between his sneakers and the ground. :D He rocks. He told me that in that scene where he's jumping, Bono was actually singing Bad and at the part where Bono says "let it go" - he let it go. :D Awesome to see a person you know in a movie. Who's not an actor/actress.

Moonie :D

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

Yeah, not only is this scene funny, but watch for the hole in his sock and the hole in his pants. LOL. :D:ohmy::evil::ohmy::D

Moonie :D

Are you for real? I have never noticed the hole in his pants!

*f.j. runs off to watch R&H for the umpteenth time*

JENNY said:

Yeah, the 'it's a musical journey' part is so strange and a thing between Larry and Adam especially. When they both can't suppress their laughing, when the other desperately tries to explain the reasons to do Rattle & Hum.

*just love it*

and this is ALSO the part where you learn adam has a very high pitched laugh...which always makes me giggle uncontrollably and then ed sighs and shakes his head and says "for crying out loud i'm right here!"

Back
Top Bottom