i need some advice....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweet Tart

Refugee
...i'm thinking about dropping out of university.

i already have one degree and i'm currently one month into my second one. i don't have a student loan cause my last one was so big that i didn't want to be any further in debt so i decided to pay it off while i went along. this requires me to work my ass of and get nothing in return (ie my paycheck is sadly almost nothing, barely enough to pay my bills). i'm stressed out to the point that i could sit here and bawl my eyes out. i was sooo much happier a month ago when my life was simpler. i dispise failure and dropping out to me is exactly that.....failing, but im absolutely miserable.

i don't know what to do anymore.....i need :help:

Take some time off of school...but don't give up in it completely.

Take about a year or two to get your finances together, and then go back. Does your job reimburse tuition for classes taken that will help in your job? If they do look into that.

Don't think of yourself as a failure, working and going to school are tough to juggle. If you are miserable in your current situation, you are not going to do as well in school or your job. It is better to know your limitations, then try to do more than you can. It's not failure to say "it's too much for me," the failure would be to make yourself miserable...ultimately performing worse in your work and in school.

Are you a full time student? This could be part of it....12-15 credits plus working full time is a physical, mental, and emotional strain. Maybe try only taking one class a semester....If you are now only taking one class, drop it, and like I said wait to get your finances together.

Yeah, what she said :yes:

I feel like I'm almost in the same position, except I haven't even gotten my first degree yet. It's tough, but you do it because you love it... and if you don't love it, then something's gotta change.

Id say just take sometime off of school and then go back to it or try to figure out how to make things right now easier,ie figuring out a different schedule or something to that effect!

What ever you do you wont fail bc that is whats best for you at that time!

thanks guys...

i was talking to my parents and a few of my friends and i think that ive bitten off a more than i can chew right now and i have to step back adn re-evaluate things. im not happy with what i'm currently doing so the only solution is to change it. so i guess that means leaving school for the time being and maybe for good who knows. :shrug:

but thanks again for the advice....i needed someone with an objective opinion on the situation cause sometimes family/bf/friends are just to close to the situation to be of much help.

:bow:

I dropped out of college a semester before I was going to finish. It was a good move. The world went on turning, and I was able to go back and finish when I was able to focus on it enough to do it right.

Ease up on yourself. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom