I met them! well 75% of them anyway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Habib

Acrobat
That's right folks!

After being shouted at by a policeman for running a red light on my mountain bike and not stopping, and my temporary job unexpectedly coming to a premature end, I met THE EDGE, ADAM CLAYTON & LARRY MULLEN JNR!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First to arrive was Larry. He was the passenger in a silver BMW driven by a bald man ( u2 employee -maybe related to paul mcg ?). After acknowledging the small crowd outside the gates of abbey road, he proceeded to scowl at a group of fans who took the nerve ( including me ) to step into Abbey road car park and confront him. We were met with a scowl that would have made a pit bull terrier crumble. He didn't say anything but you knew if probed further, he would kick your ass! Still think he's the coolest man on the planet!

Next was The Edge! THE EDGE! In a departure from his trademark beanie hat ( why wear that when a baseball cap will do) he initially looked like he was about to leg it inside but due to the sights of overenthuisatic fans in the car park, he said 'oh just a few i don't want to stay here too long' ). He signed someone's ATYCLB LP and I was left gutted as to why the **** i did not bring my U2 cds/books with me!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: He looked like he just stepped out of the sauna, because he was red all over,,but most likely he's just returned from an exotic location . OHHHH the life of an international rock star,,,its a tough job, but THE EDGE has got to do it.

We thought the rest of the band would shortly arrive and lo and behold Adam Clayton arrives,,,,,driving his own Bentley!!!!! I didn't think much of his driving skills as he struggled with parking the vehicle correctly and when he got out, he forgot to pull the handbrake up, causing the car to roll back :lol: :lol:

Then Adam, perhaps the most welcoming of the three ( Larry looked permanently miffed, like the look he has on his face when U2 are playing live ) proceeded to sign people's cds, diaries, books, tube maps (????????) and make small talk.

For all U2 fans, on your behalf, I asked the most important question 'When's the new album coming out ?' to which I was met with the glorious, maybe over optimisitic, but downright optimistic reply of 'hopefully in the next couple of months'.

AAAAHHHHHH!!! Does this mean new U2 material early next year or after the vertigo tour ? I wished I asked more questions but I was dumbstruck to be in the vicinity of 3 members of the best rock'n'roll band on the planet!!!!

Whille we waited in vain for Bono, Adam politely informed us he won't be joining the band and Rick Rubin as he is currently in the States. However with U2 apparently booking Abbey Road Studios for the 1st three weeks in September, I am hopeful of a much more meaningful, insightful, political, economical and musical encounter witht the four great ones.

I then trotted home on my bike with a smile as wide as the River Nile. I bet the public thought ' that guy's off his trolley.....'

Until next week folks ,,,,,,,,,

Congrats on your meetings!!
Adam is really gracious with fans even more than Bono!

But Bono's in the States?????????
He was in that nightclub in London in the early hours of this morning!!

Awsome for you will never forget it.

When I had the opportunity to wave at the guys, I was greeted with an awsome smile and a Hi, from Adam, Edge was the same way, Bono :drool: waved his fist in the air and said this gonna go off! and then Larry.....:| just like that.

Oh, that's just sooooooo coool, Habib. Congratulations on meeting the band members. I would love to meet Adam. He seems really cool and calm, and such a gentleman. :drool: :drool:

U2One said:
does this mean that bono will be in chicago w/ ali for the edun thing? [/QUOTE

Hmmmm, could be. When I found out the event was by invite only, and Bono might not show up, I made other plans, like, going to work for example. :mad: :mad:

Well, well see... :ohmy:

Re: Re: I met them! well 75% of them anyway

U2DMfan said:

You should get a medal for asking that question.
Seriously :love:

:giggle:@Adam's driving skills. I guess Bono's not the only bad driver in U2 :lol:

Habib said:
Whille we waited in vain for Bono, Adam politely informed us he won't be joining the band and Rick Rubin as he is currently in the States.

Bono's Tart said:
But Bono's in the States?????????
He was in that nightclub in London in the early hours of this morning!!

Galeongirl said:
but then again, Bono doesn't sleep, so he might've gone straight to the states then :wink:

Guess so.
Seeing as I just found pictures of both Bono and Ali at today's Edun fashion week event in NY.

Aren't timezones great?

Habib, thanks for posting and sharing your story!

It's :D indeed.

Last edited:
Habib said:
We were met with a scowl that would have made a pit bull terrier crumble.

:laugh:

Sorry, I can just picture Larry's infamous death glare upon the fans.

:up: Thanks for the report!

thanks for the story!!
will have being a great experience! :up:

what time do they usually arrive and leave at the studio?

I went to Abbey Road today , hoping they'll be there, but alas there was no one waiting outside the studio. I think next week is their last week there .

I'm in two minds whether to pop down..................yeah right! that's a good one!

:wink: Ahh-on Larry-does any one play the Lottery? hee-lol!:yes: then ya know with Larry-it's a hit n' miss thing! i guess he Just does not enjoy this 'fan stuff' some days! :| <~lol! at the Larry smilie face'!

Wow congrats on meeting them!!!

Does anyone know whats happening next week? Will they be there? Are there best times to go? I'm working all week, but would love to try and pop down there at some point...

Good evening folks,,,

oh yes oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaaaaaaaaaa!!

that's right I bought my copy of zoo tv at picadilly circus hmv and went to abbey road studios,,,,where BONO AND ADAM CLAYTON SIGNED IT~!!!!!!!!!!1 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I asked Bono whether the band are going to play Acrobat in Australia to which he wrote on my dvd 'what habib wants habib gets' I kid you not!

I will not let this cover out of my sight.!!!!!!! He just came out of nowhere. There were abou 6 people waiting outside Abbey Road, and im looking around the streeet to see if the band are coming in one of their Mercedes, I turn around and ......THERE'S BONO !!! AND HE'S HEADING MY WAY!!!! I thrusted my pen and zoo tv dvd in his face, and proceeded to sign my dvds and that of other fans!!!

On the new album, he took a non-commital stance when I asked him when the new album is coming out. His reply was 'i don't know for sure......' I guess they want to keep the rumours going so that people remain interested in what the band is doing..

I really really hope they play Acrobat when I see them in Sydney!!!!

Bono, Adam, Edge ( hope you've recovered from your hangover) you guys rule!!!!!

Larry, even though you snubbed us with a look to kill all wildlife, you're still the coolest man on the planet!!!!!!!!

I've got some pictures but I think I might take more if I go to the studio again this week!!!!!

Now for ZOO TV.....

Back
Top Bottom