I met R.E.M.!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
I was lucky enough to see R.E.M. in St. Louis this past Tuesday night, thanks to Greg and Blair. They were amazing and they put on a much better show than the last tour. They were all having a great time, getting into it, Michael Stipe even jumped out into the crowd. I've never heard of him really doing that before. I get to see them two more times too. :hyper:

The setlist:

Begin The Begin
So Fast, So Numb
Animal
Boy In The Well
Exhuming McCarthy
The Outsiders
Electrolite
High Speed Train
Bad Day
Drive
Imitation of Life
I Wanted To Be Wrong
The One I Love
Final Straw
Find The River
Losing My Religion
Walk Unafraid
Life And How To Live It
--------------
What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
Leaving New York
Permanent Vacation
I'm Gonna DJ
Man On The Moon

Afterward we went to the side of the theater by the tour buses to meet the band. Scott came out first, and came right to us because Laura, Greg and Blair had met him previously and he remembered them. He even asked for their e-mail! :up:

Peter Buck was next, then Mike Mills. They both signed my copy of their new CD "Around The Sun." I didn;t ask for a picture with them, but I probably could have gotten one.

Soon after, Michael came out. He's so shy and quiet and just really adorable in person. He wouldn't take any pictures with people because there were a lot of us out there, and he was a bit ill. But I was able to give him a few gifts and I asked about the new U2 album. He said "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" is his favorite.

Erin has pictures of me talking to Mike and Michael. I can't wait to see them.

I'll post pics soon, I have to resize them.

Last edited:
The historic Fox Theater

33%3B%3B5%3C%3B923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3237%3E952%3E6%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D323274%3C%3B535%3A5nu0mrj

The crew's bus. See the R.E.M. reference?

33%3B%3B5%3C%3B923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A43%3D799%3DXROQDF%3E232365%3B%3C48539ot1lsi

Peter and Michael during Man On The Moon

33%3B%3B5%3C%3B923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A43%3D799%3DXROQDF%3E232365%3B%3C48%3A%3C9ot1lsi

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah..."

33%3B%3B5%3C%3B923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A43%3D799%3DXROQDF%3E232365%3B%3C47473ot1lsi

33%3B%3B5%3C%3B923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A43%3D799%3DXROQDF%3E232365%3B%3C4%3A634ot1lsi

Edgette said:
I was lucky enough to see R.E.M. in St. Louis this past Tuesday night, thanks to Greg and Blair. They were amazing and they put on a much better show than the last tour. They were all having a great time, getting into it, Michael Stipe even jumped out into the crowd. I've never heard of him really doing that before. I get to see them two more times too. :hyper:

The setlist:

Begin The Begin
So Fast, So Numb
Animal
Boy In The Well
Exhuming McCarthy
The Outsiders
Electrolite
High Speed Train
Bad Day
Drive
Imitation of Life
I Wanted To Be Wrong
The One I Love
Final Straw
Find The River
Losing My Religion
Walk Unafraid
Life And How To Live It
--------------
What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
Leaving New York
Permanent Vacation
I'm Gonna DJ
Man On The Moon

Afterward we went to the side of the theater by the tour buses to meet the band. Scott came out first, and came right to us because Laura, Greg and Blair had met him previously and he remembered them. He even asked for their e-mail! :up:

Peter Buck was next, then Mike Mills. They both signed my copy of their new CD "Around The Sun." I didn;t ask for a picture with them, but I probably could have gotten one.

Soon after, Michael came out. He's so shy and quiet and just really adorable in person. He wouldn't take any pictures with people because there were a lot of us out there, and he was a bit ill. But I was able to give him a few gifts and I asked about the new U2 album. He said "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" is his favorite.

Erin has pictures of me talking to Mike and Michael. I can't wait to see them.

I'll post pics soon, I have to resize them.

I was there too - 10 row mid center! Had a great time - excellent concert - probably saw you and didn't even know it. I had to leave after the main set since I worked the next day but had a great time all around.

Thanks to Eep, here are some pictures of me with Michael and Mike.

I'm giving Michael a copy of "Bullet The Blue Sky" by Richard Cheese.

rem2.jpg

I believe he's telling us about the new U2 album here.

rem1.jpg

Mike with Laura and Greg

rem3.jpg

Me, Mike and Laura

rem4.jpg

REM is cool. I've been a fan for a very long time, mostly when I was younger. I had 3rd row seats for the GREEN tour when I was 15 :D

Great pics! I lightened a couple for you.

rem.jpg

rem2.jpg

Thanks Sicy!

I wish I could have seen them on the Green or Monster tour. That would have been amazing.

I've only seen them twice so far. After Tuesday it'd be four. :hyper:

They're not coming to Birmingham dammit. They are coming to Atlanta, but I can't go to Atlanta right now, there's too much going on. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:hyper: Great pictures!! I'm so excited, I'm seeing them in Boston next week and then Kariann is coming out and we're going to see them in Connecticut in two weeks! Any advice on how to meet them after?
Edgette said:
I'm giving Michael a copy of "Bullet The Blue Sky" by Richard Cheese.
:lmao: If/when I meet them in the next two weeks, we can tell them we know the girls who gave them the crazy Bullet the Blue Sky!

Last edited:
Schmeg said:
:hyper: Great pictures!! I'm so excited, I'm seeing them in Boston next week and then Kariann is coming out and we're going to see them in Connecticut in two weeks! Any advice on how to meet them after?

:lmao: If/when I meet them in the next two weeks, we can tell them we know the girls who gave them the crazy Bullet the Blue Sky!

Best.Song.Ever. ;) He was like...I know the song. I told him it was the "lounge version." lol.

My advice is to get to the theater early and see where the tour buses are. Then right after Man On The Moon (the last song) try to head back there right away. The security will have you line up as the band come out and sign things. They've been coming out a lot. It might help to ask a security guard before the show too, sometimes they know where the band will be signing. Good luck! :hug:

Yay for you!

I love REM! They are playing my hometown, but I'm at school right now and can't get back there for the show. :(

I met Peter and Mike again tonight. I have pictures with both, but the one with Peter is on my friend's camera.

Here's me and Mike Mills

11.jpg

A few shots from the show :

b1f90239.jpg

fd294214.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom