I met Bono on Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nurse chrissi said:

So now that we know you work for SB - care to tell what addictive substance is in the coffee:) - come on over to PLEBA!

The sooper sekrit ingredient?

::looks around furtively, drops voice to whisper::

It's caffeine! :wink:

I'm not sure. Probably just little Starbucks trinkets - maybe some coffee and tea, maybe a mug. That's what I usually put together for guests, anyway. Although since he's a big ol' celebrity, maybe they gave him something a little more.

I didn't even notice he was carrying it until I saw the picture!

corianderstem said:
I'm not sure. Probably just little Starbucks trinkets - maybe some coffee and tea, maybe a mug. That's what I usually put together for guests, anyway. Although since he's a big ol' celebrity, maybe they gave him something a little more.

I didn't even notice he was carrying it until I saw the picture!

Thanks. I thought it was pretty cute. I can just imagine Bono walking out with his little treat bag from Starbucks.

Celia's birthday wish

celia said:
Yay, I know how you feel - only met him recently myself! he's so lovely! I cant see your pics though...

*slighty off topic, sorry*
Hi celia, did you ever get the chance to post the pictures from your glorious day?

I'm not sure. He was meeting with the Starbucks Head Mucky-Muck, but we don't know why yet. When asked about it by one of my coworkers, he responded in typical Bono fashion: "Revolution is in the air."

Maybe they were talking about digital music - with U2's iPod stuff and Starbucks foray into digital music in the stores, it would have been timely. Maybe Bono was drumming up support for one of his causes.

Or maybe he just really likes Starbucks and wanted to come to see the place, since he was in the area. :wink:

OMB! What a great story and great picture! That's awesome :)

And OMB, what a great job, You're working at STARBUCKS!!! :bow:

I know that for you people living in USA there is about a Starbucks at every corner... but I live in Montreal and we have about 5 in the entire city :yikes: and I have to leave home 20 minutes earlier in the morning to be able to get my fix :crazy:

I buy all the little things that they sell and this summer, when I asked them if they were selling the baseball cap that the employees are wearing and that they said that they couldn't sell them... I wrote a letter to Starbucks asking them if they were selling it... they said no, that it's only for their employees... So now I'm thinking of getting hired only to get the cap.:laugh:

:applaud: :hyper: :up: :yes: Wow!!! Congrats on meeting Bono At Work!! How cool is that?? :drool: And that picture!! Worth a 1,000 memories from now!:wink: Thank you for sharing your story and that fab* pic! Yum.....i wouldn't have let go!lol:heart: :love:

Hmm. I don't think that's why he was there - the "fair prices for coffee" and things of that nature aren't a new thing for Starbucks. But maybe he was just there to talk about that and other things that Starbucks does.

I was originally thinking it was around digital music - Starbucks/Hear Music is rolling out new digitial music stuff in some stores, and U2's Apple stuff ... but then again, the Hear Music folks didn't seem to be involved in the meeting.

Heck, maybe Bono was just in the area and thought he'd stop by. *g* We've been getting a lot of author visits as well, and I think a lot of them swing through because they say, "Ooh, Starbucks? Yeah, I want to go there!"

Last edited:
biff said:

I actually remember how this rumour started. It was Rush Limbaugh. It was a few years ago, when Bono was first starting to get a lot of attention in Washington, and Limbaugh was ranting on about Bono being a lefty celebrity know-nothing with body odour. It was just one of the many insults he hurls at people whose politics he doesn't like, with no grounding in reality.

ahahahah LAMEBAUGH started that rumor?! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

great story and pic! :hyper: :up:

:drool:

I am incredibily jealous in the best possible sense of the emotion. That picture is one you will pass down generations! :wink:

I mean, you even got a hug!! :sad: I have been wanting one for ever and every time I see him hug someone, my heart skips a little bit because he just seems to give the.best.damn.hugs.anywhere.

My problem is that if I was ever lucky enough to get anywhere near his perimeter, I am afraid he would take one look at me and run for the hills. No huggles for me. :sad: Since he is a bit conscious of his height (which none of us care about anyway, the man is perfect as is) and I am close to 5.10 (1.78) without shoes and normally wear high heels...

But I'll worry about that logistical problem later. I need to get close enough first!!!

Do you know what I LOVE about this site??? For the most part, people are soooooo supportive!! I mean, the great majority of us here (myself included) have never gotten within 50 feet of the man, but we are so quick to encourage and congratulate when someone makes it to the "Promised Land", lol!

Congrats, corianderstem, on taking the initiative to make your dream happen. You made the effort & it paid off a thousand-fold...plus, you don't know HOW many of us you've inspired. See? Everyone & everything has a purpose! :heart: :up:

Wow what a great experience! That photo is just too much. Darn it...I knew I should have taken that gig with Starbucks:| ...when I was at Amazon we only would get people like Al Franken visitng or has-been female tennis pro:huh:

Love his JACKET!!! And the Levis........well they look like levis...anyway , he looks great!!!

Back
Top Bottom