I met Ali!! + Gavin show was f*eckin' deadly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Yes, I did indeed!

The story goes like this:

We went to see Gavin last night. :)drool: :drool: <-------- That was me during the whole show) We were queing up and freezing our arses when I turned around and the first person I saw was Guggi. He's sooooo skinny! He was with Sybille, his wife. They went in and 5 minutes later they came back and went to their car to have a smoke until the time of the show.

A few minutes later I noticed this lady wearing a deadly pair of boots and she turned out to be Paul McGuinness' wife. He was there as well chatting away to this man I have never seen before. but I suppose he's famous because the photographers were taking loads of pics.

And then i saw HER ( LOL that sounds so ....corny! heheh). And I just couldn't believe my eyes. You know, after so many years of seeing her pics and hearing stories about her, it was like a shock to see her there. Not that I didn't expect to see her in a situation like that, but I Had no idea she was gonna be there. She arrived with Andrea Corr and some other women.

Morleigh was there too. She's gorgeous! She looks so pretty in person! She was accompanied by 2 guys.

So all the VIP people went in, and to my surprise there was no VIP section. So I ended up sitting at the table next to Ali's ! I was literally sitting next to Andrea Corr.

After the show ended ( and man! what a show! He's such an amazing performer. and such a hot bastard! lol) i gathered up some courage and went up to talk to her. I said:

F: Hi Ali, sory to bother you. Im flavia and im a big fan of you.
A ( being all modest): a fan of me? Pish..
F: Yeah, I admire your work with the Chernobyl Project.
A: Thanks!
F: I was wondering, Could I have my pic taken with you?
A: mmm...I hope you don't mind If I say no. I get very shy when there are loads of people.
F: Nah, that's alright
A: ( Grabbing my arm) But It was lovely to meet you. have a good night

I have to say, I was kinda dissapointed. I wou;d have loved to have my pic taken with Ali. bgut then I remember something she always says: We have to fight for out privace as much as we can. And then I also remembered that incident about the threatening letters Bono got. And I suppose she can't trust anybody who comes up to talk to her. But nevertheless, she was really nice and polite. And she's soo pretty! She looks very young and she was wearing deadly clothes as usual!

You rock! :bow:

She sounds really nice :) Please don't be too disappointed about the pic :hug: She probably doesn't get asked for HER picture that often, so maybe she's not used to it too.

I'm so happy for you.

I think you were nice and polite in your approach (you must have been really nervous :) ) You did PLEBA proud.

Three cheers for Flavia!

:applaud:

Last edited:
Flavia..we're all going to pitch in and but you a spy camera for your birthday.. !
How exciting for you!l Living in Ireland and meeting all of these people we've read about for years
and here you are getting to meet them.Congrats:D

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry about the picture...but I understand her reasoning. At least she was nice about it, unlike some celebrities when that question comes up. So that's always good.

Still, that is freakin' awesome that you got to meet her, and Morleigh and Andrea and all those other people! Very cool story.

Angela

:hyper:

I am insanely jealous! :wink:

I think it's AWESOME that you respected her wishes, and that she was so nice about it. So what if you don't have a pic-the memory will last forever :)

Me alegro much?simo por ti, Flavia :D Tienes MUCH?SIMA suerte! El siguiente ya Bono, no?

Espero que hayas le?do mi mail, estoy sin saldo en el m?vil y por eso no pude volverte a contestar! Lo siento!

Un besazo, chiquilla!

that is sooooooooooo great!!!! i knew u will do it!!!!!
my god, i almost could have been with you!!!

today i was in Killiney, and i think i saw ali too..she was walking on the beach..i am not sure,but she really looked like ali...and she saw i looked at bono's house, and she smiled at me...so??

but anyway, that's true, ali is very nice!!!! one day i was in front of the studios, and she arrived with eve...she parked the car in front of us,and she smiled at us, but it was a soooo beautiful smile, so true!!! and she looked at us very kindly!!!!! just before her, Morleigh arrived, but she didnot even look at us, she was very cold with us...

Anyway, congrats!!!!!

Showbiz Ireland has a report about it-they said Bono and Edge couldn't be there because they were still in France. I don't think they mentioned Ali...

Larry was there too-and Paul :wink:

fringe-fest1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still kicking myself for not noticing Larry! Arrrrrrrrrgh!:madspit: :banghead:

And yes, I have to admit at first i was kinda disappointed but now I'm totally cool about it! She was very nice to me and that's what really matters! :yes: :D

Pics from Gavin's show! ( Thanks to GavinFriday.com!)

skanger.jpg

mrmrs.jpg

(And just in case you were wondering, that's not Bono in the big picture. That's Gavin and Rene, his ex wife)

finner.jpg

Back
Top Bottom