I met Ali!! + Gavin show was f*eckin' deadly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
something is strange...in the news they told that bono and edge are still in vacation in france...but why their wives are not with them???? and bono was in DC a few days ago, so his vacation is finished!!! no?? what do u think??

I think that they're working on the new album, that's what I think. In the quiet away from prying eyes.

Re: I met Ali

It's really not so strange that Bono & Edge are in France without their wives. Bono has always been a traveling soul and I think Ali just understands that about him. He's kind of like a kid in that he likes to go all the time. If you're old enough to remember this, back around 1986-he and Adam took a long road trip alone just exploring America. That was many years ago and he and Ali are still going strong, so I would'nt worry about it.:wave:

Yeah, I think the best thing about a marriage is that you can still love each other and not have to feel like you need to be Siamese Twins. You're still in love but you're 2 seperate people and want to do different things. (Besides, sometimes it's good not to spend too much time together) I think people who are able to do that are the most in love and have the strongest and best relationships. Bono and Ali are so special and so is their love:love:

*Daydreams of a long exploring road trip with Bono* :love: That's always been a fantasy of mine. Adam was too lucky;)

Niamh_Saoirse said:
lady_stardust.jpg
<-------
:drool:

that_big.jpg

WOW! He's hotter than he's ever been! :combust: Congratulations! :)

U2Kitten said:
Yeah, I think the best thing about a marriage is that you can still love each other and not have to feel like you need to be Siamese Twins. You're still in love but you're 2 seperate people and want to do different things. (Besides, sometimes it's good not to spend too much time together)

Exactly.

If you're around someone 24-7 you're bound to start getting sick of them (and maybe resent them for not allowing you your private time).

I know I need to take a break from family and friends on some days and just have time to myself, and I'd hope that when I'm married someday my husband will allow me my private time as well.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
I think people who are able to do that are the most in love and have the strongest and best relationships. Bono and Ali are so special and so is their love:love:

Yep. So true.

I really, really hope that I have a marriage that's that good and that strong someday.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
*Daydreams of a long exploring road trip with Bono* :love: That's always been a fantasy of mine. Adam was too lucky;)

No kidding...I'd never heard that about the road trip.

Yeah, a road trip with Bono would be really nice...

*Daydreams along with U2Kitten*

Angela

bluephisto said:
Umm...

*taps the screen*

PLEASE MORE ABOUT THE SHOW!!!! What was it like? What happened? What was your favorite part? Did he sing? Was there music? Was it just spoken? One act? Two acts?

Alrighty..Let's see....

For the first few minutes of the show I was literally shacking with the excitment! When he came into the room, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. You know, after so many years of seeing him in pictures or videos and then suddenly being in the same room , it was like...WOW...

The first bit was very funny. He was acting like a scanger and swearing like a sailor. He was wearing an Ireland jersey and his hair was all scruffy. He kept moving around the tables and saying things like that ( alright, now for those sensitive souls it's time to cover your eyes as im gonna reproduce exactly what he said. LOL :lol: ) : Wha'ya looking at, you c*nt?!! and stuff like that

Then he pretended he was picking up a girl who was playing the tin whistle and said: Wanna go back to my place? in a VERY sexy voice...Oh dear..i thought I was gonna pee meself when he said that...:drool: I was thinking: PICK ME PICK ME! (like the donkey in Shrek....)
But when he was doing that he pretended he heard a noise and said: oh Shite it's me ma!!!!!!!!! LOL That's was sooooooo funny

He took off his shoes and told somebody: Mind me shoes...He got on stage and stripped down to his underwear ( they were y fronts, not boxers, mind you...)

He put on a black vest, black pants, black jacket and black shoes and that's when he became Gavin Friday...

The whole show was brilliant...He mentioned Bono and Guggi when he was talking about his childhood ( He called them by their real names).

There was no music...He sang twice a capella...The first ine was a David Bowie song and the last one was Love will tear us apart by Joy Division ( one of my fav songs ever)

He talked about his childhood, his parents, his ex wife,weill,Brel,Ian Paisley,Johnny Rotten, the ring Bono gave him ( he went around saying: Kiss the ring, Kiss the ring...)

Man! I need to see him another. I need another Gavin fix!!!!!!!!
:drool:

Woo Hoo!! Flavia!! Te felicito!! :D Tienes mucha suerte!! Ya te falta poquito para encontrar a Bono! :D :D Y no te preocupes por lo de la foto... Hay que entender a Ali de alguna forma y tambi?n pensar en que lo que realmente valen son los recuerdos!
Yo quiero ver a Gavin en vivo!!! Suertuda!! :D

Un beso!

Evelyn.

PD: Espero que te acuerdes de m?, soy la chilena. :wave:

GIRLS, GIRLS!!!!!!!!!

Go to www.gavinfriday.com NOW!!!!!!!!! They ahve tons of pics of Gavin's show! :hyper:

I e-mailed the website master to ask for her permission to post the pics here. Hopefully it will be alright with her.

Meanwhile, go check them out! :D

Re: Re: I met Ali

KristenF said:
It's really not so strange that Bono & Edge are in France without their wives. Bono has always been a traveling soul and I think Ali just understands that about him. He's kind of like a kid in that he likes to go all the time. If you're old enough to remember this, back around 1986-he and Adam took a long road trip alone just exploring America. That was many years ago and he and Ali are still going strong, so I would'nt worry about it.:wave:

I would also like to say that I'm sure this situation goes both ways. Somehow I doubt that Ali spends her days lamenting over Bono's absence. I think it's also safe to say that Bono understands Ali's need for personal space. In my experience, it's always been the guy that does the bulk of the missing!

Back
Top Bottom